Religions where you can DIE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 09:10 AM by donotwant.)
Religions where you can DIE
I want you to give me list of religions where you can die. And by die I mean DIE. Stop thinking, feeling and existing once and for all.
Apparently religions have hard time in giving me end of my existence but I heard that some religions do. For instance according to some christians for me to stop existing all I have to do is to die while not being a christian or commit suicide. Basically be unsaved sinner. Fair deal.
I want to know the rest of the religions which provide option of not existing anymore.
I don't want heaven I don't want hell I don't want reincarnation all I want is to die, die, DIE. Once and for all.
Now I want you to give me list of religions where I can stop existing and what do I need to do in those religions to stop existing.
It's kind of funny that in many religions such a simple thing is unavailable and you are FORCED to exist in a certain place against your will forever no matter what you do. Sounds like a prison.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: Religions where you can DIE
Judaism I think. IIRC either Buddhism or Hinduism teach that you can escape the cycle of death and rebirth and die if you are very very holy. But I really can't remember.
19-02-2014, 09:18 AM
So in hinduism and buddhism you don't actually die you exist in a different state. That's not what I want.
As for Judaism they have afterlife.
http://www.religionfacts.com/judaism/bel...erlife.htm
And a really boring one at that.
So far the only religion I could find where I can die is a modified version of christianity where you either go to heaven or DIE.
So anyone got some more?
19-02-2014, 10:20 AM
IIRC, no one gets reincarnated in Ásatrú. In fact, even the Norse gods have a best-before date (the majority of them going down fighting in Ragnarök). Life returns to the Earth, but individuals do not.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2014, 10:23 AM
So in norse paganism all humans die and gods keep fighting forever?
19-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Re: Religions where you can DIE
Depends on how far you want to stretch the term religion.

I believe Taosim is without any appeal to an afterlife, but it's not to any deity either.

Otherwise I'm not sure any defined deity worship is without afterlife.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-02-2014, 10:40 AM
(19-02-2014 09:13 AM)natachan Wrote:  Judaism I think. IIRC either Buddhism or Hinduism teach that you can escape the cycle of death and rebirth and die if you are very very holy. But I really can't remember.

You mean karma and dharma?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
19-02-2014, 11:04 AM
(19-02-2014 10:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Depends on how far you want to stretch the term religion.

I believe Taosim is without any appeal to an afterlife, but it's not to any deity either.

Otherwise I'm not sure any defined deity worship is without afterlife.

By religion I mean any worldview which claims afterlife or lack of afterlife. I don't care about gods.
19-02-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 11:15 AM by donotwant.)
(19-02-2014 10:40 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 09:13 AM)natachan Wrote:  Judaism I think. IIRC either Buddhism or Hinduism teach that you can escape the cycle of death and rebirth and die if you are very very holy. But I really can't remember.

You mean karma and dharma?

It's kind of hilarious that it takes hard work to earn death. While if my parents did not choose to have children I would have it for free.
Also what do religions say about existing before birth? It seems strange to create something indestructible which did not exist beforehand. In this model amount of people is existing is increasing until all people stop having children.
So basically we have around 380000 indestructible people who did not exist getting born everyday? lol.
19-02-2014, 12:18 PM
(19-02-2014 08:54 AM)donotwant Wrote:  I want you to give me list of religions where you can die. And by die I mean DIE. Stop thinking, feeling and existing once and for all.
LOL isn't that like the ONLY reason why religions still exist?? i know deep down the only reason why people stick to their unsubstantiated,illogical beliefs is because it gives them a false hope that there is more to their life than just flesh&bones.

But the funny thing is that without death our lives would be rendered meaningless.. just like how our imaginary God's existence seems to be Tongue
Quote:I don't want heaven I don't want hell I don't want reincarnation all I want is to die, die, DIE. Once and for all.
lol you reminded of this video

This is a interesting topic not many believers like to talk about is that do they really want to live for billions of years? there's a tipping point for everything how long is too long? No one can answer you that not even God.
Hinduism says that you have an immortal soul which never dies.. so you cannot "Die" in a literal sense or stop existing.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence