We have a thread for this. "Favorite pictures for a laugh at religion"

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
04-11-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: Religious Absurdities in picture form
While most of us enjoy sex without guilt, Catholics experience guilt without sex. Drinking Beverage

Oops - wrong thread. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
04-11-2015, 05:11 PM
(04-11-2015 03:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Are those supposed to be teeth? Not quite getting it here

No. Not teeth, they're Chicklets. God believes in Chicklets.

[Image: Chiclets_200x101.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-11-2015, 05:30 PM
(04-11-2015 11:08 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I woke up this morning to this in my instagram feed....

[Image: sinJOKE_zps3s47dmjn.jpg]

This is what certain religious people think logic is?

What if our justice system operated under this premise?
Kill 50 children in a day care by gunning them down? Death penalty.
Lust after a women (or man)? Death penalty.
Go on a raping spree over 3 states? Death penalty.
Get jealous of your next door neighbor's new Lexus? Death penalty!!

Oh the humanity!!!! I can't take the absurdity....I die a little more each day that I am exposed to this way of thinking.

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

You could rework that graphic and just label all the even squares with wildly different "sins". Putting mass murder on one and stealing a candy bar for your hungry child on another. You'z all going to hell regardless!

It would certainly highlight how unjust Christian morality is.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
04-11-2015, 08:16 PM
I remember hearing this kind of bullshit back then. I was told that to us, we see murder as worse than a tiny lie. But to God, y'see, they're all the same. He sees everything as a sin, regardless of how bad. That means we each can be brought back to the glory of Gawd!! But then I say, "So me lying when I was 12 to my mom is the same to God as Hitler ordering the murder of millions?" Crickets
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
04-11-2015, 11:20 PM
(04-11-2015 08:16 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I remember hearing this kind of bullshit back then. I was told that to us, we see murder as worse than a tiny lie. But to God, y'see, they're all the same. He sees everything as a sin, regardless of how bad. That means we each can be brought back to the glory of Gawd!! But then I say, "So me lying when I was 12 to my mom is the same to God as Hitler ordering the murder of millions?" Crickets

Yup, I heard the same from my pastor. Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
05-11-2015, 05:26 AM
Rating sins on a severity scale is superfluous if forgiveness is universal: to do so introduces not just the paradox of eternal but proportional punishment Hobo, worse, it introduces the possibility of a severity threshold beyond which forgiveness is impossible. Suddenly, an individual could STILL be held to account. God forbid a religious adherent be held to account! Dodging accountability is the entire game plan.

Thus the pictograph of all sins having the same stature doesn't just flatten all sin to equal severity, it does the far more important job of reducing all sin to inconsequentiality.
[+] 5 users Like Airportkid's post
05-11-2015, 07:10 AM
We need a sin vs god's reaction chart.
If god treats all sin the same, you can show his reaction to all sin while you're alive is also the same.

Sin - Reaction
Lie - None
Assault - None
Rape - None
Murder - None

He only seems to take action after you die and all of that action is done to something that you don't even possess (a soul)

Imagine if the courts found you guilty of a thousand different crimes and as your punishment, they decide to lock up your flying pink unicorn.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
05-11-2015, 07:20 AM
(04-11-2015 11:08 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I woke up this morning to this in my instagram feed....

[Image: sinJOKE_zps3s47dmjn.jpg]

This is what certain religious people think logic is?

What if our justice system operated under this premise?
Kill 50 children in a day care by gunning them down? Death penalty.
Lust after a women (or man)? Death penalty.
Go on a raping spree over 3 states? Death penalty.
Get jealous of your next door neighbor's new Lexus? Death penalty!!

Oh the humanity!!!! I can't take the absurdity....I die a little more each day that I am exposed to this way of thinking.

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

If you pay close attention to the instagram graphic you’ll notice that the far right rectangle is narrower than all the others and the adjacent one is wider (on the x axis).

This is a clear indication that not all sins are viewed as perfectly equal chiclets. Some sins are “fatter” and others are “skinnier”, this makes a world of difference to your immortal/immoral soul.

What this chart fails to take into consideration is the shade of each person’s soul.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-11-2015, 07:30 AM
I remember when our parish priest used to rant on about mortal sin. Basically commit a mortal sin and your fucked , if unforgiven before death, you go straight to fucking hell ! Venial sin was less serious.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí