Religious Absurdities in picture form

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: Religious Absurdities in picture form
[Image: godwants.gif]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
06-11-2015, 03:29 PM
(04-11-2015 04:38 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 03:15 PM)theophilus Wrote:  That is a commonly held opinion but it isn't biblical.

https://joshuaagan.com/2015/08/20/not-ev...-is-equal/

So which sin can I be guilty of and still make it into heaven?
Any sin that has not been forgiven will keep you out of Heaven. We must be morally perfect to enter Heaven and we can't achieve this condition by our own efforts. Those who repent and put their faith in Christ will have all their sins forgiven and God will accept them as if they had never sinned at all.

Those who end up in the lake of fire will be punished in proportion to the sins they have committed.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.
(Revelation 20:12 ESV)

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
(Revelation 20:15 ESV)

Whether or not they are thrown into the lake of fire will depend not on their works but on whether their name is in the book of life, that is whether they have had their sins forgiven by faith in Christ. But they will also be judged by their works, which are recorded in other books. This judgment will be to determine the severity of their punishment.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2015, 05:07 PM
(06-11-2015 03:29 PM)theophilus Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 04:38 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So which sin can I be guilty of and still make it into heaven?
Any sin that has not been forgiven will keep you out of Heaven. We must be morally perfect to enter Heaven and we can't achieve this condition by our own efforts. ...
So this book you are getting this information from. How do you know that it's correct? Consider

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
06-11-2015, 05:20 PM
(06-11-2015 03:29 PM)theophilus Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 04:38 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So which sin can I be guilty of and still make it into heaven?
Any sin that has not been forgiven will keep you out of Heaven. We must be morally perfect to enter Heaven and we can't achieve this condition by our own efforts. Those who repent and put their faith in Christ will have all their sins forgiven and God will accept them as if they had never sinned at all.

Those who end up in the lake of fire will be punished in proportion to the sins they have committed.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.
(Revelation 20:12 ESV)

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
(Revelation 20:15 ESV)

Whether or not they are thrown into the lake of fire will depend not on their works but on whether their name is in the book of life, that is whether they have had their sins forgiven by faith in Christ. But they will also be judged by their works, which are recorded in other books. This judgment will be to determine the severity of their punishment.

[Image: tumblr_inline_mgtttkMdQa1qfe5t2.png]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition