Religious Brainwashing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Religious Brainwashing?

Is this what theists need to do to continue their belief systems? They have done this for ages and continue. The 'apparent' evidence around us doesn't seem enough for them so they must trick, lie and tell children continuously that any other view is wrong.

It is just unfortunate and I do hope these children seek out science and try to learn more than the closed world they have been shown. Just thought it was interesting after theists always say that we have so much evidence around us and they must resort to this to continue their own views.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Religious Brainwashing?
They need to indoctrinate kids before they learn to say "bullshit".

Indoctrination just hijacks the critical faculties before they're fully developed. Between about 6 and 10 is when kids ask the most questions, it's when the world first seems big, when you're first aware of mortality.... that's when they get brainwashed, because it's the most vulnerable age.

If a child suffers bereavement... between 6 and 10 is the worst age for it. Everything that happens at that age leaves a lasting impression. It's the same with religion... all the "fire and brimstone" crap starts between those ages, when it's most likely to give them nightmares and ensure they are afraid to think for themselves.

And so it goes on, a self sustaining cycle of child abuse.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
16-09-2013, 03:10 PM
But brain washing is fun.

[Image: brainwash.jpg]

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 3 users Like frankiej's post
16-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I must dance carefully here. I started political reeducation in embryo and continued it throughout my children's youth. One does try to teach one's children what they think to be true.

I also tried to differentiate between what was fact and what was opinion.

The need for the religious to impose their beliefs on children as fact points to how firmly they believe. The are fearful that reality may cause the child to find fault in belief and not in fact. It is a troublesome fear so brainwashing methods are used to hopefully remove the differentiation between belief and fact.

I am afraid that many youths are harmed by this brainwashing. Some of course recover but many fall victim and as in child abuse it will be passed on to the next generation.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
18-09-2013, 06:15 AM
I was indoctrinated from my early childhood. While we did not go to church "religiously", I was always taught the god is there, and Jesus loves me, god has a plan... so on and so forth. At 12 yrs old I had already had a significant amount of cognitive dissonance... but it still took another 18 years of my own progression into rational thinking to realize that none of what I was taught it actually true.

Even now my mom still lives by some of these dogmatic ideas, and sometimes I will "inform" her of the rational explanations and why her beliefs are not true. We have had some talks in which she revealed that she doesn't really believe it... but she still "waits for god to handle her problems"...