Religious Education

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2012, 04:26 AM
RE: Religious Education
(08-05-2012 04:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So what you're saying is that they said ramming a religion (as in a single religion) down a kids throat is a good thing because that way they don't have conflicting arguments of different religions and all that goes with which religion to choose and the difference and so forth??
Yup that pretty much it. To be fair though one of the Rabbi's did say that this was a bad idea but immediately got shot down by the rest
Have posted a link to the show

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2012, 04:40 AM
(08-05-2012 04:26 AM)PeterKA Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 04:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So what you're saying is that they said ramming a religion (as in a single religion) down a kids throat is a good thing because that way they don't have conflicting arguments of different religions and all that goes with which religion to choose and the difference and so forth??
Yup that pretty much it. To be fair though one of the Rabbi's did say that this was a bad idea but immediately got shot down by the rest
I don't know exactly what to say to that. It's beyond my comprehension. I can't grasp my head around why people would ever think that ramming only one single religion down a kids throat would ever be a good thing and only good things could come from it.

I don't know if this is true but I think it may have some merit, but if you teach children about all religions and such just as well as your own religion then that will empower that child. They will be far more tolerant, far more understanding and far more respectful of other religion and cultures. I think this is one of Americas biggest issues, they are simply ignorant. And now I see why with shit like this.
I would expect this from the middle east, not from a western country.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
(08-05-2012 04:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 04:26 AM)PeterKA Wrote:  Yup that pretty much it. To be fair though one of the Rabbi's did say that this was a bad idea but immediately got shot down by the rest
I don't know exactly what to say to that. It's beyond my comprehension. I can't grasp my head around why people would ever think that ramming only one single religion down a kids throat would ever be a good thing and only good things could come from it.

I don't know if this is true but I think it may have some merit, but if you teach children about all religions and such just as well as your own religion then that will empower that child. They will be far more tolerant, far more understanding and far more respectful of other religion and cultures. I think this is one of Americas biggest issues, they are simply ignorant. And now I see why with shit like this.
Control ---> power ---> money.

It's only bad if you are the ramee, but very lucrative for the rammer.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
08-05-2012, 03:41 PM
(08-05-2012 02:26 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 04:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't know exactly what to say to that. It's beyond my comprehension. I can't grasp my head around why people would ever think that ramming only one single religion down a kids throat would ever be a good thing and only good things could come from it.

Also, they truly believe that their children will burn in hell if they don't believe the right religion, theirs.
Other religions are bad, but atheists (seculars) are worse. Atheists will send their children straight to hell.
"Better to have your child raped and murdered by a child molester than corrupted by an atheist.
The child may die a horrible worldly death, but the atheist will condemn your child's soul for eternity."
Christopher Hitchens paraphrased

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
09-05-2012, 02:43 AM
The main difference between here and the US really is that this is a discussion between people who, in the end of the day, have no influence on public policy. How they choose to educate their children is their own private choice and has no bearing on how mine will be.
All I know is that mine will be better educated and more able to deal with social situations when they eventually leave the education system than theirs will. The best thing I took from my school was not just the education itself, but that it taught me how to look for the answers when I didn't have them

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
09-05-2012, 03:39 AM
(08-05-2012 02:26 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 04:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't know exactly what to say to that. It's beyond my comprehension. I can't grasp my head around why people would ever think that ramming only one single religion down a kids throat would ever be a good thing and only good things could come from it.

Bullseye! Go straight to the top of the class!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user