Religious Freedom in Michigan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2014, 07:00 AM
RE: Religious Freedom in Michigan
(10-12-2014 06:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 04:01 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  So presumably an atheist could refuse service to a Christian?

I don't think it counts because atheism isn't considered a religious nor are we religious.

you do realize they can't even tell the difference between believing in religion and believing in anything else
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2014, 08:05 AM
(10-12-2014 06:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 04:01 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  So presumably an atheist could refuse service to a Christian?

I don't think it counts because atheism isn't considered a religious nor are we religious.

No, but Pastafarians certainly could! So could Wargarblians. Just make up whatever the fuck you want! They're doing it.

In all seriousness, this is one of many laws crafted by conservatives with the aim to give Christians special privileges. Of course, if they don't want it thrown out the by the Supreme Court for violating the First Amendment, they have to word the laws rather ambiguously. Lately, this has been biting the conservatives in the ass. See Muslims getting vouchers for religious schools and Satanists distributing their own materials on public ground.
10-12-2014, 08:00 PM
(10-12-2014 08:05 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 06:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't think it counts because atheism isn't considered a religious nor are we religious.

No, but Pastafarians certainly could! So could Wargarblians. Just make up whatever the fuck you want! They're doing it.

In all seriousness, this is one of many laws crafted by conservatives with the aim to give Christians special privileges. Of course, if they don't want it thrown out the by the Supreme Court for violating the First Amendment, they have to word the laws rather ambiguously. Lately, this has been biting the conservatives in the ass. See Muslims getting vouchers for religious schools and Satanists distributing their own materials on public ground.

I'm going to make a new religion and in the religions holy book there is going to be one line that says "Thy always sayeth no" so when a religious person asks me for help I can say "Sorry, my religion teaches me to say no".

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze