Religious Freedoms and Nuissances

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Religious Freedoms and Nuissances
Hobo I live in the bible belt. Jesus this, Jesus that. It is nothing short of irritating. But, why should they have to legally stop talking about their religion when we can make god jokes and voice our opinions? It is annoying, but it's only fair. Everyone deserves to voice their opinion. After all, isn't that why America was founded? To escape persecution of one's belief? As long as you're not pushing your religion on me, believe in whatever you would like. That's how it should be. But, when the government imposes laws on a religious basis, such as the law against same-sex marriage or trying to push pro-life laws, they have gone COMPLETELY too far. Our country was founded by unreligious people and the "separation of church and state". Why will they not govern by the guidelines put in place by the people they say they follow? This is where pushing their beliefs start happening. If you think abortion is morally wrong, don't get one. But, don't force the 15 year old rape victim to have her life ruined by your 'morals'. Creationists can hold rallies and sing songs about how it's not right all day. But the second they force their beliefs on to everyone else, there is a major problem that needs to be solved. That is where the line should be drawn. Needed to be said.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 08:08 PM
RE: Religious Freedoms and Nuissances
Why do politicians act overly religious and often pass things based on religious views?
Because that's democracy for you. A vast population of Americans are Christian and if you wanna get reelected then god damn you'll act like a good christian to do so.

Think about it, there is no damn way that Obama would have been elected president if he was openly atheist. Not a chance in hell.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Thats the problem, though. It is a rare "christian" indeed, that does not at some point in their familiarity with you speak to you about Jesus in hopes of "saving" you! They believe they should save everyone they can, which is, in & of itself quite altruistic! But i DO mind what these yahoos believe (even when doing it quietly most of the time) when those beliefs lead them to kill an abortion doctor before he can "murder" any more poor defensless "babies"!

02-04-2013, 11:21 PM
There is a lesson I learned on this forum, and I think it might be helpful.

I was new, and I posted a game thread in the Coffeehouse sector. This thread was then moved to the Game sector.

There should be places for each religion and for atheism. In a specific place people of that belief are free to go their way. If they do it outside, some moderate please move them!

Want something? Then do something.
03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I have an issue with Creationism to. Some of them are working to put anti-evolution into public schools, and people should hear about their conduct. I see that you agree that educating the public is important, but not to the point of ruling someone else's day and life with it. Yay. I'm in AR of the bible belt, so I get what you mean by seeing Christianity everywhere. It's literally everywhere. There are religi-candy, decorations, stationary, bible word searches, and I could go on. Way to keep 'Cesar's coins to just Cesar' and be perfect with Christ, yeah? 'Pff' They don't even sell beer or wine cooler in my eight church within 10 mile town. -.-

Yes? No? Maybe?
03-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Hey, this is now twice in one day that I get to reference my signature! Cool!

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume