Religious Gibberish By Me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Religious Gibberish By Me
This will likely come off as gibberish because it's just a bunch of things that ran through my head whilst showering. Now I shall attempt to write them out without creating numerous other pathways and leaving no endings. And go:

So, God created a bunch of rules for us to live by. God is Perfect. God can see the future and the past, he knows all and some think, controls all.

The rules are outdated by most peoples standards. Even when you look at them as related to the past, they may have been time appropriate but are still nonsensical. How could a perfect god make nonsensical rules? Why would a god make nonsensical rules?

If it intended on changing the rules at a later date to suit the times better, why hasn't it? Also why wouldn't God have just made the rules time immune? You know actually perfect. Why would they have to be time appropriate at all since God is perfect and people would listen to the rules even if one of the rules was to bite your own big toe off at the ripe age of twenty four?

Why would god care if you cut your hair? Why would god care if women wore pants? If the rules are perfect how come no one can agree on them? If they are perfect then how come most modern Christians don't follow them to the letter? If as a Christian you feel that God is perfect and it's word is law, why don't you stone gays and beat your slaves? Is it because you secretly don't believe that he bible is the word of god? If that is the case, who is god? And why do you still attend church? And do you only use the bible as proof of the laws you agree with because it suits you?

Does god wear pants if it created man in it's image? Or does it ignore the shame it imbued us with and let it's willy hang out like an elephant trunk? What does an omnipotent being do for fun? Does god have emotions? If god doesn't have emotions how does it love us? If god does have emotions how do you know it loves you? and how could it be perfect? Emotions by nature make us fallible. A god without emotions couldn't love us nor could it hate us, it would be indifferent. A god without emotions wouldn't be likely to have created us in the first place, and if it did (maybe as a study into emotions and how they work and affect creatures) it wouldn't be likely to care about our ongoing existence and would likely just wipe us out or walk away into the ether never to look back again. How do Christians reconcile this?

Why is god always exempt from everything? Such as, the whole nothing can exist without a creator argument.
How does that make any sense in any way more than something from nothing? It sounds to me like just one line of gibberish instead of another line. No more proof behind one line than the other. So how does the Christian or religious brain question something from nothing when it comes to science (which science has never stated as fact) but not question it whatsoever when it comes to god? If I could do that I might be a theist. But I can't. My brain can't reconcile that idea.

How does heaven and god give life any meaning? I hear this one so often it has become an irritation. Atheists have no meaning to their lives... Heaven to me is just another level. If you view it like a videogame, level one is birth and then life, level two would be heaven, but the ending would suck if it just ended there without any reason behind it. No one would ever play that game. It would be pointless. If the videogame is this: Level one is birth, level two is learning new skills, level three is mating, level four is having kids, level four is learning more, level five is seeing your kids become adults, level five is dying but being survived by your kids. well that is a more gratifying game. I mean what the hell would anything you've done here even mean if you just got to keep going indefinitely? And what the fuck would you do in heaven that is so great?

If in heaven you are perpetually happy and blissful doesn't existing lose it point? If you can't be miserable or angry doesn't that ruin happiness? It would have no value. And forever? Ugh. Why?

Mulan is on, I'm out.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
21-05-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: Religious Gibberish By Me
Yes he has emotions, he is a jealous god and he likes revenge, so he feels rage.

Life doesn't stop after you watch your kids grow up, it starts getting good then. Geez!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
21-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Please to remember Grasshopper : "god works in mysterious ways". Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2012, 10:34 AM
If the Bible said that man and woman are equal, if the bible told us that homosexuality should be accepted, if it told us that slavery was completely wrong, if it told us that mental illness was not the cause of demons, if it told us that shrimp wasn't an abomination, if it told us of medicine or to believe in science, if it told us the world was 4.5 billion years old, if it told us all of these things it would have given me a reason to believe.

That fact is that it is completely and blatantly wrong. Theists try so desperately to defend two thousand year old ideals but if they looked at it without bias it would be very simple to reveal that it simply isn't right.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
21-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah there's always some excuse isn't there?

It's like how even politics is discus-sable, just don't talk about religion for some unknown reason. Baby needs it's blanky.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
21-05-2012, 10:35 AM
God wears a toga. That's how I always pictured him since childhood and it stuck.
Love the rant, my inner rants happen while driving on long commutes.
21-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Your avatar is freaking me out. Beats my old baby face one IMO.

21-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Says the person who has a damn creepy clown in their signature. Drinking Beverage

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
21-05-2012, 10:43 AM
(21-05-2012 10:36 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Your avatar is freaking me out. Beats my old baby face one IMO.

She kidnapped my gerbil, and it's looking out from the lens which she uses to watch, as she tortures it.

I knew it. Evil person.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2012, 03:41 PM
(21-05-2012 10:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-05-2012 10:36 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Your avatar is freaking me out. Beats my old baby face one IMO.

She kidnapped my gerbil, and it's looking out from the lens which she uses to watch, as she tortures it.

I knew it. Evil person.
Her name is Betty. I took this photo of a bathtub tap with a rust stain below. I love it. She's actually pretty sweet if ya get ta know her.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post