Religious Ignorance of Theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Religious Ignorance of Theists
What I mean by this is, most religious people don't seem to have even the most basic knowledge of their religion.

Example of things most religious people are ignorant about:
What Adam and Eve mean.
What Satan means
The fact Lucifer is NOT Satan.
The things it says in the bible outside of select passages.

These same people constantly swear that Evolution, Climate Change, and The Big bang are all false and constantly try to make laws based on their religion. Censored
I'm not going to pretend like I am the most educated person in the world, but things like this are basic knowledge.

/rantover
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Religious Ignorance of Theists
(02-04-2014 05:10 PM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  /rantover <--- Redundant.

Smartass

Yep, it's called cherry-picking, and it's sad.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2014, 05:20 PM
(02-04-2014 05:10 PM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  What I mean by this is, most religious people don't seem to have even the most basic knowledge of their religion.

What Adam and Eve mean.
What Satan means

These same people constantly swear that Evolution, Climate Change, and The Big bang are all false and constantly try to make laws based on their religion. Censored
I'm not going to pretend like I am the most educated person in the world, but things like this are basic knowledge.

/rantover

They say that it's easier to read one book than many. Many theists go one step further, because, after all, who has time to read a single book? Facepalm

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like TSG's post
02-04-2014, 05:23 PM
(02-04-2014 05:20 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 05:10 PM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  What I mean by this is, most religious people don't seem to have even the most basic knowledge of their religion.

What Adam and Eve mean.
What Satan means

/rantover

They say that it's easier to read one book than many. Many theists go one step further, because, after all, who has time to read a single book? Facepalm

Wait they read??!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
02-04-2014, 05:23 PM
(02-04-2014 05:20 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  

What Adam and Eve mean.
What Satan means

/rantover

Pretty much. Everyone has an inner lazy and it's often satisfied when someone reads the book for you and tells you what it says. Hell, like that, you don't have to even spend much time to question or ponder before agreeing. Aren't some people just wonderful? Facepalm

[Image: notagain.gif]
02-04-2014, 05:34 PM
I love when they get all butthurt about taxes and forget that Jesus quite explicitly said to "pay your fucking taxes" (Slightly paraphrased).
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
02-04-2014, 10:34 PM
(02-04-2014 05:34 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I love when they get all butthurt about taxes and forget that Jesus quite explicitly said to "pay your fucking taxes" (Slightly paraphrased).

But the Jewish Theocracy was highly efficient and didn't waste money on things like AIDS research or condoms or food stamps, plus they stoned all the fornicators and homosexuals for the people's pleasure.
[+] 3 users Like freetoreason's post
02-04-2014, 10:51 PM
The tax issue is huge.

Every Christian church that fails to pay tax is in opposition to a direct command by Jesus.

Every Christian church.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
02-04-2014, 10:58 PM
(02-04-2014 10:34 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 05:34 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I love when they get all butthurt about taxes and forget that Jesus quite explicitly said to "pay your fucking taxes" (Slightly paraphrased).

But the Jewish Theocracy was highly efficient and didn't waste money on things like AIDS research or condoms or food stamps, plus they stoned all the fornicators and homosexuals for the people's pleasure.

Such a fine, intellectual, cultured and open minded society...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2014, 02:11 AM
(02-04-2014 10:51 PM)Banjo Wrote:  The tax issue is huge.

Every Christian church that fails to pay tax is in opposition to a direct command by Jesus.

Every Christian church.

Only if they refuse to pay taxes mandated by the state. If the state doesn't levy taxes on churches, I don't think it would be fair to say they are in direct opposition to the teachings of Jesus.

That said, the US should be taxing the fuck out of churches. Especially those damned megachurches, and the LDS church. Charitable my ass.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody