Religious Leaflets, cards, etc do you get?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2015, 12:04 AM
Religious Leaflets, cards, etc do you get?
On average, how often does someone leave a religious pamphlet, leaflet or whatever on your door each month, week or year? I just got my...second one I think in the three years I lived at my current location lol.

Its for a Harvest Baptist Temple! ( is that the hell fire denomination? ) I always forget what the deal is with each denomination of all the churches as they all seem to kinda blend together at times since all of them are usually always shoving the same book down your throat all the time!

I can't scan stuff and send it to my computer ( I don't think ) with my printer since its wireless and in the other room. The one I got today was left in my door wedge and is sorta small but thick, made out of shiny paper and the artwork of a tree popping out of a book is quite nice! A lot of stuff went into making this particular card...THEN the bad stuff happens, I flip it over to the other side and what do I get? A nice heart warming message? No!, asking for cans of food for the poor like the last note I got?, No! What I get instead is the same drivel that everyone else talks about.

It opens up with how I can get a ("LULZ!") "Personal" Relationship with jesus!

Then it gives me that oh so classic John 3:16 about how he loves us and then goes really dark to tell me that I am a bad person, everyone is a bad person and we gotta pay for the bad things ( that we never did ) and then demands that I bow down to this imaginary friend of theirs.

Its Romans 6:23, 5:8 and 10L9-13 is what thats on the card if anyone cares enough lol.

Anyone else get stuff like this on their doorstep or have people actually come over?
I think the last time someone showed up, it was mormons and I tried to give them a copy of the God Delusion because I really thought they were in danger and wanted to help them lol...kinda wish they would had taken the book though, it probably really could had helped them!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2015, 01:02 AM
RE: Religious Leaflets, cards, etc do you get?
I used to get a lot, but for some reason they started skipping my door after I spoke with a few of them Undecided
Instead, I get the "Burn in hell fags" people on the corner of my college on a weekly basis.

Atir aissom atir imon
18-09-2015, 01:04 AM
No one leaves any leaflets but Jehovah's Witnesses used to come to my house from time to time. It was not a big problem though, when I said I'm not interested in whatever they have to say they simply left.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-09-2015, 07:36 AM
(18-09-2015 12:04 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  On average, how often does someone leave a religious pamphlet, leaflet or whatever on your door each month, week or year?

I've only gotten one, ever. Where I live, people don't ask you if you go to church. They ask you which church you go to.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
18-09-2015, 07:40 AM
I found one on top of the urinal at a Burger King, I took it and read it to see which group it was, seemed to be a generic church with the Jeebus loves you tripe. I threw it away after I read it. Sorry deluded proselytizer, not today.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
18-09-2015, 08:00 AM
The only ones I have ever found were Watch Tower stuff about the end of the world and «family» values.
18-09-2015, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 08:09 AM by cactus.)
A couple of guys moved into the apartment down the hall from me, and every morning an older dude comes to pick them up at the curb. They're always standing there with white shirts and ties, and bulky messenger bags over their shoulders, and I have to walk past them on the way to my car. They give me the creepiest fake smiles, and I always reciprocate with a quick glance in their direction and a quick "Hey *forced smile*" before hurriedly getting into my car.

That's been the extent of our interaction, except for one time that they knocked on my door. I looked through the peephole, saw them standing there, and pretended not to be home. I watched as they struggled for like a whole minute to wedge not one, but two Watchtower magazines through the side of my door. I considered yanking the door open just to see if I could scare them, but I didn't want to be too much of an ass Laugh out load

I've never seen a door-to-door Mormon, though. I don't think that's as big of a thing in the Bible Belt.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
18-09-2015, 08:12 AM
None. Between this sign and the fact that the last time they knocked on my door while I was home, I opened the door wearing nothing but boxer shorts with an unsheathed Katana over my shoulder... They tend to skip my house now.

[Image: 7FSMlC5.jpg]

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
18-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Lately I've been seeing guys approaching people in parking lots of the major stores around town. They claim to be recovering addicts that are promoting the church that saved them. I don't know where they came from, but I know it was a "few hours drive" according to them. They put flyers on windshields, sell bread, and talk loudly about their beliefs while dripping sweat in the summer sun.

I do my best to avoid them whenever possible.
18-09-2015, 08:33 AM
No Solicitors signs on our front gate and front door keep most door-to-door types away. For the ones who ignore and ring the bell, I open the door, point to the sign, and slam the door.

We get postcards inviting us to services a couple of times per year in our mailbox. Easy to ignore.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post