Religious Movies You Still Watch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: Religious Movies You Still Watch
A Christmas Story.

Every time I see it I'm convinced Ralphie will shoot his eye out, but then jesus intervenes.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
13-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Shawshank Redemption
I cry every damn time Weeping

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
13-12-2015, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2015 07:40 PM by jennybee.)
(13-12-2015 07:20 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 04:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The Sound of Music Heart

Jenny, have you been to the Trapp Famiy Lodge in Stowe Vermont?

I haven't, but moving to Maine soon, so will have to check it out for sure Thumbsup

EDIT: Holy crap, yeah, going here for sure! This place looks wicked ah-mazing. Just found their website. Thanks, Inigo! Heart

http://www.trappfamily.com/

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-12-2015, 07:55 PM
(13-12-2015 07:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 07:20 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  Jenny, have you been to the Trapp Famiy Lodge in Stowe Vermont?

I haven't, but moving to Maine soon, so will have to check it out for sure Thumbsup

EDIT: Holy crap, yeah, going here for sure! This place looks wicked ah-mazing. Just found their website. Thanks, Inigo! Heart

Ooh, Maine. Haven't been there in years. If I ever can, I'll visit!
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
13-12-2015, 08:04 PM
(13-12-2015 07:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 07:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I haven't, but moving to Maine soon, so will have to check it out for sure Thumbsup

Ooh, Maine. Haven't been there in years. If I ever can, I'll visit!

Cool Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-12-2015, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2015 08:28 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
I will still watch The Bells of St Mary's. In the first few minutes children recite the pledge of allegiance the way it should be said. Smile

As other's have mentioned It's a Wonderful life, The Ten Commandments, The Sound of Music...

I know there's one that I'm forgetting...

Ooh there was a movie with Gregory Peck where he played a priest and his best friend was an atheist. Can't recall the name. Sad

Looked it up, Keys of the Kingdom. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-12-2015, 08:57 PM
I'll watch anything with Audrey Hepburn ... so once in a great while I watch "The Nun's Story". Some really amazing actresses show up here and there in it. Since my granny's sister was a nun and a nurse, it's pretty much what her life was (except she never left). She was known for her pranks and her sense of humor. The sass runs in the family I guess. Angel

I would watch The Bells of St. Mary's if it was on ... it's funny ... Ingrid as a nun. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-12-2015, 09:03 PM
(13-12-2015 08:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'll watch anything with Audrey Hepburn ... so once in a great while I watch "The Nun's Story". Some really amazing actresses show up here and there in it. Since my granny's sister was a nun and a nurse, it's pretty much what her life was (except she never left). She was known for her pranks and her sense of humor. The sass runs in the family I guess. Angel

I would watch The Bells of St. Mary's if it was on ... it's funny ... Ingrid as a nun. Rolleyes

I love that movie!

Totally forgot about it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-12-2015, 09:09 PM
(13-12-2015 06:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Jesus Christ Superstar.

I will always watch this movie. Sometimes I play the soundtrack in my car. Love!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
13-12-2015, 09:59 PM
(13-12-2015 08:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'll watch anything with Audrey Hepburn ... so once in a great while I watch "The Nun's Story". Some really amazing actresses show up here and there in it. Since my granny's sister was a nun and a nurse, it's pretty much what her life was (except she never left). She was known for her pranks and her sense of humor. The sass runs in the family I guess. Angel

Heart Heart Audrey Hepburn Heart Heart

Religious movies or Christmas movies? I'm not sure what the question is referring to. I just watched The Bishop's Wife, the old one with Loretta Young, David Niven and Cary Grant. It was ok. I kept watching the up-tight Loretta Young and laughing because she had a "swear jar" on every movie set. Anyone who cursed had to put a dollar in the jar. Most actors, directors and crew members just shoved $50 or 100 bucks into the jar up front and cursed to their hearts content. Laugh out load At least she donated the money to charity.

Anyway (got sidetracked by movie trivia there...sorry) anyway, one of my favorite Christmas movies is a little know ditty called We're No Angels but NOT the one from 1989, the one from 1955 with Humphrey Bogart. It's his only comedy but it might be a little slow for today's audience. Even so it's cute and fun with wonderful dialogue. Peter Ustinov has all the best lines. Very droll. And the snake Adolf has a pivotal role.

[Image: MV5BMTgxMzM4MzMzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDU2...SY525_.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post