Religious Movies You Still Watch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: Religious Movies You Still Watch
Spawn

And Star Wars. Because the Force is definitely some religious bullshit. Midi-chlorians my ass.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
13-12-2015, 10:25 PM
(13-12-2015 09:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 08:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'll watch anything with Audrey Hepburn ... so once in a great while I watch "The Nun's Story". Some really amazing actresses show up here and there in it. Since my granny's sister was a nun and a nurse, it's pretty much what her life was (except she never left). She was known for her pranks and her sense of humor. The sass runs in the family I guess. Angel

I would watch The Bells of St. Mary's if it was on ... it's funny ... Ingrid as a nun. Rolleyes

Heart Heart Audrey Hepburn Heart Heart

Religious movies or Christmas movies? I'm not sure what the question is referring to. I just watched The Bishop's Wife, the old one with Loretta Young, David Niven and Cary Grant. It was ok. I kept watching the up-tight Loretta Young and laughing because she had a "swear jar" on every movie set. Anyone who cursed had to put a dollar in the jar. Most actors, directors and crew members just shoved $50 or 100 bucks into the jar up front and cursed to their hearts content. Laugh out load At least she donated the money to charity.

Anyway (got sidetracked by movie trivia there...sorry) anyway, one of my favorite Christmas movies is a little know ditty called We're No Angels but NOT the one from 1989, the one from 1955 with Humphrey Bogart. It's his only comedy but it might be a little slow for today's audience. Even so it's cute and fun with wonderful dialogue. Peter Ustinov has all the best lines. Very droll. And the snake Adolf has a pivotal role.

[Image: MV5BMTgxMzM4MzMzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDU2...SY525_.jpg]

Yes, We're No Angels was in my list. I saw it on TV in the late 60's and fell in love with Aldo Ray. Drooling It was one of the first (Arsenic And Old Lace being the other one) kind of dark comedy that I remember seeing. Love it!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
13-12-2015, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2015 10:39 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-12-2015 03:45 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Dogma and Life of Brian are as close as I get...

And they both make my top 10 movies of all time..

Good picks.

I still enjoy The Boondock Saints, but much more so for the eminently quotable dialogue, fun framing device, and a great scenery chewing performance by William Dafoe; than for any agreement with Catholic fueled vigilantism.

[Image: boondock-saints-dafoe-whysoblu.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n3zfhxK2tC1rnhu6zo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_n3zfhxK2tC1rnhu6zo3_250.gif]

[Image: 0981934e174d0f0e17d6e4bcc17781190e8e0b3f...d2287f.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-12-2015, 10:36 PM
(13-12-2015 10:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 03:45 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Dogma and Life of Brian are as close as I get...

And they both make my top 10 movies of all time..

Good picks.

I still enjoy The Boondock Saints, but much more so for the eminently quotable dialogue, fun framing device, and a great scenery chewing performance by William Dafoe; than for any agreement with Catholic fueled vigilantism.
I hadn't even thought about that one...
13-12-2015, 10:49 PM
(13-12-2015 10:36 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 10:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Good picks.

I hadn't even thought about that one...

Indeed, it certainly is a far cry from 'God is Not Dead', but the movie's religious overtones are undeniable. Conversely however they don't beat the audience over the head with them, and even at the end of the first movie, you're presented with some 'on-the-street' news footage showing that The Saints are anything but universally praised for their vigilantly justice.

Still kinda wish we had a Boondock Saints 3 where the MacManus brothers took out a few child molesting Catholic priests so that they could come around full circle.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-12-2015, 01:11 AM
Every year one of the networks trots out the old Ten Commandments movie with Charliton Heston. God I hate that movie but I still watch bits and pieces of it because it's sooooo stupid. Actress, Anne Baxter playing Queen Nefretiri has this ridiculous line...

'Oh, Moses, Moses, you stubborn, splendid, adorable fool' Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load:

Here's some more dumb dialogue between these two.

Nefretiri: You will be king of Egypt and I will be your footstool! Bowing
Moses: The man stupid enough to use you as a footstool isn't wise enough to rule Egypt.

And Charliton Heston acting is full of self importance. Geeze. That movie is just awful.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-12-2015, 01:30 AM
(13-12-2015 09:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 06:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Jesus Christ Superstar.

I will always watch this movie. Sometimes I play the soundtrack in my car. Love!

Never. Gets. Old.

I even sing Mary's songs in the shower. So beautiful. Everything's alright. Heart

If I type Jesus into google, it's the second option after just Jesus. Ha ha.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
14-12-2015, 01:31 AM
(13-12-2015 09:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 06:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Jesus Christ Superstar.

I will always watch this movie. Sometimes I play the soundtrack in my car. Love!

Never. Gets. Old.

I even sing Mary's songs in the shower. So beautiful. Everything's alright. Heart

If I type Jesus into google, it's the second option after just Jesus. Ha ha.
14-12-2015, 03:47 AM
This may come as a surprise but Life of Brian Smile

Love Dogma and I did actually enjoy Evan Almighty

Sorry, I'll get my coat
[+] 2 users Like Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
14-12-2015, 04:46 AM
Ben Hur

But mainly for the chariot race and Messalla getting his comeuppance.

The last bit about christ is a bit of a bore.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)