Religious Quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Religious Quiz
http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-rel...knowledge/

I got this off of TTA's facebook page. I scored 14 out of 15 correct. Better than 97% of the public population. This is pretty interesting and appears to be related to the study that came out a few months ago that indicates that atheists know more about religion than the religious.

What score did you get?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2011, 08:31 AM
RE: Religious Quiz
I got a 100% lol...

Atheists were tied with Jews with knowledge of religion with a clear win. I swear reading holy books turns one into an atheist!

lol

That and I'm pretty good at history too... I think that helps!

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes monkeyshine89's post
02-09-2011, 08:34 AM
The last question stumped me. The results are not really all that surprising since most religious people don't study other religions.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
02-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I got 13 out of 15 Sad Though, I had never heard of the "First Great Awakening" before

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Glaucus's post
02-09-2011, 08:38 AM
That is the question I got wrong. Stupid question...

—Thomas Henry Huxley
02-09-2011, 08:41 AM
14 -

a couple of difficult questions i guessed right

(details deleted, so's not to spoil it for the next person)

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
02-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Explanation to one of the questions

Great Awakening

Was a spiritual movement in Colonial America... it was during this period that I believe many American based sects were founded, Methodism and Episcopal.

Religion goes in and out of vogue... usually after wars there is a rise, such as the movement after the Revolutionary War and another large one during and after the Civil War where Voodoo and ghosts became really popular.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes monkeyshine89's post
02-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the explanation on that one. I had heard the name before but I thought that he was a more recent figure in America.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
02-09-2011, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 09:39 AM by FSM_scot.)
13/15 not to bad I'd say. I've never heard of "First Great Awakening" either. plus I'm not from the US so the questions about the law was tricky.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
02-09-2011, 11:20 AM
I got 100% on it.

"The bible has been shown to be logically, historically, philosophically, sociologically, scientifically and even morally dead wrong about everything back to front" - Aron Ra