RE: Religious Quiz
I got 100% -- the 2nd time I took it.. Wink

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2011, 10:59 AM
(09-12-2011 10:49 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I got 100% -- the 2nd time I took it.. Wink

Well done! Atheists needn't follow arbitrary religious rules! Who says you can't take it twice? Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Got 87% ... which was still well above the averages for the religious populations.
I missed the Great Awakening one and gave the Christian answer to the blood and wine symbolism question.

oh well still not bad.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Ha! Nailed it Tongue 93% 14 / 15, with one lucky guess and one brain fart.
09-12-2011, 11:19 AM
(09-12-2011 11:05 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Got 87% ... which was still well above the averages for the religious populations.
I missed the Great Awakening one and gave the Christian answer to the blood and wine symbolism question.

oh well still not bad.

Not bad at all. To be technical, I think it's more precise to say that you gave the Protestant answer to the blood and wine symbolism question. Catholicism is Christian too, but Catholics do believe in Transubstantiation, which is a fancy pants word for saying the substance of the elements of Eucharist, magically transfer into the real body and real blood of Jesus. My understanding is, after the Eucharist is served, anything leftover has to be eaten and drank by the priest. You can't have leftover Jesus just laying around on the counter. Now you know why many priests have been portrayed as alcoholics.

Protestants don't believe such poppycock.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-12-2011, 11:25 AM
(09-12-2011 11:19 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-12-2011 11:05 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Got 87% ... which was still well above the averages for the religious populations.

oh well still not bad.

Not bad at all. To be technical, I think it's more precise to say that you gave the Protestant answer to the blood and wine symbolism question. Catholicism is Christian too, but Catholics do believe in Transubstantiation, which is a fancy pants word for saying the substance of the elements of Eucharist, magically transfer into the real body and real blood of Jesus. My understanding is, after the Eucharist is served, anything leftover has to be eaten and drank by the priest. You can't have leftover Jesus just laying around on the counter. Now you know why many priests have been portrayed as alcoholics.

Anglicans swear by transubstantiation.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-12-2011, 11:45 AM
(09-12-2011 11:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

oh well still not bad.

Anglicans are technically not Protestants of the "reformation" variety. The Church of England had it's own break from Catholicism through Henry the VIII (?). I also don't feel like going to the googles on the interwebs right now, but I think they have a modified version of Transubstantiation that differs from the Catholic version...but that's my from my swiss-cheese memory so could likely be wrong about that.

~Izel
09-12-2011, 12:02 PM
(09-12-2011 11:45 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

oh well still not bad.

Anglicans are technically not Protestants of the "reformation" variety. The Church of England had it's own break from Catholicism through Henry the VIII (?). I also don't feel like going to the googles on the interwebs right now, but I think they have a modified version of Transubstantiation that differs from the Catholic version...but that's my from my swiss-cheese memory so could likely be wrong about that.

Oh, I know. I was just whooshing in to say that. Anglicans are more hardcore about it than Catholics, in my experiences, anyway.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-12-2011, 03:06 PM
(09-12-2011 12:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-12-2011 11:45 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

oh well still not bad.

Oh, I know. I was just whooshing in to say that. Anglicans are more hardcore about it than Catholics, in my experiences, anyway.

The Jesus Motel and Commando camp i was staying at was Evangelican/Baptist

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Just signed up, been lurking for a while, but...
Well, did 14 and never heard of the "First Great Awakening" before.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Tudor's post