Religious Quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-12-2011, 04:53 PM

RE: Religious Quiz
I still haven't bothered to read the bible really, save a few stories in it. I can't read the first page of Mein Kampf without falling asleep out of boredom (not that its hard even Mussolini thought it was pretty much one of the worst books ever made), that kinda goes for the bible too. Sleepy
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CrazyKitteh's post
09-12-2011, 05:24 PM
73%. That is 11 of 15.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2011, 06:22 PM
I got a 13/15, so about 87%. That's usually how I score. I've been through at least two religion-related classes and I've always been interested in learning more about them, so that helps on quizzes like this. Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2011, 12:29 PM
13/15 sadly I knew one of the questions I missed (brain fart)....lol

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
10-12-2011, 06:50 PM
14/15. I got burned by that last question, the "First Great Awakening", like most of you. I knew it wasn't Billy Graham, and I still missed on a 50/50 guess.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
13/15.

I could've sworn Mother Theresa was Buddhist... I could've sworn for a fact she wasn't a Christian.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like Alaskan Atheist's post
11-12-2011, 05:56 AM

You answered 12 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 80%. Keeping in mind I haven't read the bible in detail, and all other religious texts, save briefly though philosophy and other subjects, that is pretty good. Smile

My wrong answers:
11. According to rulings by the U.S. Supreme Court, is a public school teacher permitted to read from the Bible as an example of literature, or not? wrong Answer No, not permitted
^Meh, don't know US court rulings as I don't need to know them, as I don't live there. Tongue
4. When does the Jewish Sabbath begin? wrong Answer Saturday
^Had to draw a blank and guess on that one.
15. Which one of these preachers participated in the period of religious activity known as the First Great Awakening? wrong Answer Billy Graham
^Had to draw a blank and guess on that one.
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
I got 13/15
but then again as a Canadian i'm not really expected to know US law.

Although, fun fact, 70% of Canadian high school students do not know who our head of state is.

Also to kingschosen and hell bound preacher (to lazy to go back and look at your name)
the difference between Catholics and Anglicans is that Catholics believe that once transubstantiation has taken place it will remain that way while Anglicans believe it turns back to body and blood. Also in catholic churches they have what is called a tabernacle which is where unused host is stored. if it falls on the ground normally the distributor of communion eats it right away.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
12-12-2011, 04:00 PM
11 of 15 right, 73%
I guessed on exactly those 4 that turned out wrong Big Grin

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
13-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Missed 13 Martin Luther

Full fledged christian

I challenge atheist and christians alike.

Where in the bible does it say you have to believe anything and what is it you have to believe?

(02-09-2011 08:14 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-rel...knowledge/

I got this off of TTA's facebook page. I scored 14 out of 15 correct. Better than 97% of the public population. This is pretty interesting and appears to be related to the study that came out a few months ago that indicates that atheists know more about religion than the religious.

What score did you get?