Religious Quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-12-2011, 08:47 PM
RE: Religious Quiz
(22-12-2011 08:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 08:22 PM)Sharks9 Wrote:  I got two wrong, some of these questions seem pretty specific though, especially that last one and the ones about American laws. Not surprised some people don't do very well on it.

I'm Canadian and I aced it.

I'm Canadian as well, also got both the American ones right, just thought they may be difficult for some people who don't live there. Though you do have a 50/50 chance of getting them right.

It was the Catholic and the last one that I missed.

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2011, 08:52 PM
12/15 so I guess that's pretty good considering I still scored above 87% of the population tested. Still it's a low B which makes me sad :'(.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaos MD's post
23-12-2011, 06:18 PM
I've never had enough time to study religions, but I did better than my mother, who's x3 my age.
60%
Now I'm going to study other religions.
23-12-2011, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 08:17 PM by dreamingfifi.)
Got a 100%, thanks to being forced to read Johnathon Edward's sermons in my Early American Literature class.

My Blog
[+] 1 user Likes dreamingfifi's post
23-12-2011, 10:20 PM
I answered 14 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 93%.

[Image: tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg]

I failed the last question, I didn't know Jonathan Edwards was the one behind the First Great Awakening thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a jehova witness belief, isn't it?

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2011, 11:53 PM
(23-12-2011 10:20 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  I answered 14 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 93%.

[Image: tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg]

I failed the last question, I didn't know Jonathan Edwards was the one behind the First Great Awakening thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a jehova witness belief, isn't it?

The Great Awakening was a name given for a period of Christian revivalism in the United States after the Revolutionary War. Stuffy Puritan pastors would give stuffy sermons and the state of religion in American almost ended then and there until Fuckin' Jonathan Edwards fucked it all up by preaching exciting and provocative sermons which allegedly had congregations quite stirred up, coming about as close to pentecostal type behavior as stuffy New Englanders could ever get. People began flocking back to churches and there was much personal Bible study and prayer groups. It really did have a lot to do with the "Blue Laws" where laws were made for religious reasons, such as not being able to buy booze on Sundays and such fun.

Sadly again, just as American was sliding back toward The Englightenment, came along the Second Great Awakening around 50-100 years later under the charisma of Charles Finney who did his work amongst the Southerners, and while his religion didn't cure the slave problem in the south, it is a large reason for why the South is called the Bible Belt today.

Screw going back in time to kill Hitler's mother. If you could take out Edwards and Finney, I like to conjecture that the odds are high that we would be living in a much more secular America today.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post