Religious Trauma Syndrome (RTS). The damage of religious belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2015, 05:19 AM
RE: Religious Trauma Syndrome (RTS). The damage of religious belief
(07-07-2015 05:17 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:16 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  He/she will probably break out their tired old presuppositional apologetics in a little bit.
I believe Diddo made a prediction about societal collapse when he was here last time, the new Road Warrior came out recently, so I guess that's kind of what he/she predicted, except it's a movie.

I don't think Diddo knows the difference anyway.

Mhm, because I've never seen anyone refute it without arguing in a circle.

It doesn't require refutation. You made the claim, you're required to bring the evidence.

So far you have failed to do so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2015, 05:20 AM
(07-07-2015 05:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:17 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Mhm, because I've never seen anyone refute it without arguing in a circle.

It doesn't require refutation. You made the claim, you're required to bring the evidence.

So far you have failed to do so.

On what basis do you ask for evidence?

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2015, 05:21 AM
(07-07-2015 05:17 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:16 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  He/she will probably break out their tired old presuppositional apologetics in a little bit.
I believe Diddo made a prediction about societal collapse when he was here last time, the new Road Warrior came out recently, so I guess that's kind of what he/she predicted, except it's a movie.

I don't think Diddo knows the difference anyway.

Mhm, because I've never seen anyone refute it without arguing in a circle.

In your own mind, so which god tells you stuff? My god is greater than your god and says your full of shit, he's transmitted this info directly to my brain so it's irrefutable.

Also, since your doomsday prediction never materialized, your god's quite a chucklehead.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-07-2015, 05:22 AM
(07-07-2015 05:21 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:17 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Mhm, because I've never seen anyone refute it without arguing in a circle.

In your own mind, so which god tells you stuff? My god is greater than your god and says your full of shit, he's transmitted this info directly to my brain so it's irrefutable.

Also, since your doomsday prediction never materialized, your god's quite a chucklehead.

How do you know that?

Truth seeker.
07-07-2015, 05:24 AM

We must have seen different debates.

religion, seeing as it has no supporting evidence, leans on circular argument. Rational argument does the opposite.

This is why WLC fails so very badly. Until he can prove his god is the only god and lord and master of the universe, he has nothing to support his beliefs. Which is all they are, beliefs.

We require evidence. Show us that if you have it. If not you are just belching hot air.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-07-2015, 05:25 AM
(07-07-2015 05:22 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:21 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  In your own mind, so which god tells you stuff? My god is greater than your god and says your full of shit, he's transmitted this info directly to my brain so it's irrefutable.

How do you know that?

Because my god transmitted it to my brain silly. Tongue

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-07-2015, 05:26 AM
(07-07-2015 05:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

We must have seen different debates.

religion, seeing as it has no supporting evidence, leans on circular argument. Rational argument does the opposite.

This is why WLC fails so very badly. Until he can prove his god is the only god and lord and master of the universe, he has nothing to support his beliefs. Which is all they are, beliefs.

We require evidence. Show us that if you have it. If not you are just belching hot air.

Can you demonstrate that reason is valid? Remember, if you use reason to do so, you have formulated a circular argument.

Truth seeker.
07-07-2015, 05:27 AM
(07-07-2015 05:25 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:22 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  How do you know that?

Because my god transmitted it to my brain silly. Tongue

So, you believe in God?

Truth seeker.
07-07-2015, 05:32 AM
(07-07-2015 05:27 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:25 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Because my god transmitted it to my brain silly. Tongue

So, you believe in God?

Something we have on this planet that you obviously don't have on your own -- wit, humor, irony and sarcasm.

This is sarcasm.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-07-2015, 05:32 AM
Oh goody - the return of diddles. Figured it was going to happen when I saw dim was logged in the other day.

Diddles and Dim...our very own Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post