Religious Trauma Syndrome (RTS). The damage of religious belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2015, 05:43 AM
RE: Religious Trauma Syndrome (RTS). The damage of religious belief
(07-07-2015 04:59 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 04:12 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I've done my own research and not from any religion as they spin everything to make them look good. I've been studying this field for years and I have to say there is NOTHING good about any religion!!!

Curious that you would say "there is nothing good about any religion"... Where do your morals come from?

How about doing the right thing because its the right thing. And I don't need a sky daddy to tell me what is right and what is wrong never have. I've known too many religious people do immoral acts more than anyone else!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
07-07-2015, 05:44 AM
(07-07-2015 05:43 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 04:59 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Curious that you would say "there is nothing good about any religion"... Where do your morals come from?

How about doing the right thing because its the right thing. And I don't need a sky daddy to tell me what is right and what is wrong never have. I've known too many religious people do immoral acts more than anyone else!!

Why is it the "right thing"? Drinking Beverage

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
07-07-2015, 05:51 AM
(07-07-2015 05:44 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Why is it the "right thing"? Drinking Beverage

Modern humans have differing codes. the codes of ISIS, based on their belief in an Abrahamic god differ to those of modern Christians, who also believe in an Abrahamic god. The difference is ISIS acts in a manner in most of modern Christianity's past. Although in some parts of Africa and New Guinea the old practices still remain as they were.

Modern Christianity in the west was heavily influenced by philosophy based in the Greek method that came to the west after the fall of Byzantium.

Indeed, our laws and morals represent rational thinking developed from philosophy today more than they do biblical law. If biblical law is what you are talking about.

I still do not know which god you worship.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
07-07-2015, 05:55 AM
Listen up dildo --

Your god is just a made up story - just like every other "god" that's sauntered down the pike.

It was intended to scare little children into behaving, but things got out of hand - and some of the weaker members of the tribe continued to believe the drivel into adulthood.

Then they built a church.

Sad as fuck, huh???

Do try to get over it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-07-2015, 05:58 AM
(07-07-2015 04:59 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 04:12 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I've done my own research and not from any religion as they spin everything to make them look good. I've been studying this field for years and I have to say there is NOTHING good about any religion!!!

Curious that you would say "there is nothing good about any religion"... Where do your morals come from?

Wow, well done. I would guess it doesn't factor in your view, but did you not know that THAT comment you are making there, Where do your morals come from if not for God.. Is actually what a moral argument fallacy is?

The comments or ideas based out of the DSM and anything stated before you posted on this thread aren't by any case that.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-07-2015, 05:58 AM
(07-07-2015 05:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Listen up dildo --

Your god is just a made up story - just like every other "god" that's sauntered down the pike.

It was intended to scare little children into behaving, but things got out of hand - and some of the weaker members of the tribe continued to believe the drivel into adulthood.

Sad as fuck, huh???

Do try to get over it.

How do you know that? Drinking Beverage

Truth seeker.
07-07-2015, 05:59 AM
(07-07-2015 05:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  It doesn't require refutation. You made the claim, you're required to bring the evidence.

So far you have failed to do so.

On what basis do you ask for evidence?

Seriously? A truth claim requires evidence; without evidence, it can be ignored.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-07-2015, 06:01 AM
(07-07-2015 05:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  On what basis do you ask for evidence?

Seriously? A truth claim requires evidence; without evidence, it can be ignored.

I agree. However, where's your evidence that logic is valid? You can't use logic in your proof, because then it would be a circular argument.

Truth seeker.
07-07-2015, 06:01 AM
(07-07-2015 05:58 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Listen up dildo --

Sad as fuck, huh???

Do try to get over it.

How do you know that? Drinking Beverage

Because -- "It is written" ---

Don't believe me??? -- look up a few lines --- it's right there..................

(this will keep him busy for a while)..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-07-2015, 06:04 AM
(07-07-2015 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:58 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  How do you know that? Drinking Beverage

Because -- "It is written" ---

Don't believe me??? -- look up a few lines --- it's right there..................

(this will keep him busy for a while)..

How do you know that? Consider

Truth seeker.