Religious Trauma Syndrome (RTS). The damage of religious belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2015, 06:28 AM
RE: Religious Trauma Syndrome (RTS). The damage of religious belief
(07-07-2015 06:26 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

Ooh ooh, I can do that too! Only better!

[Image: 3Jauxrw.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-07-2015, 06:41 AM
(06-07-2015 07:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  A new pathology that is now officially recognized in the latest DSM (the diagnostics manual for mental health professionals) is RTS. Religion can and does often cause harm, and we are becoming more and more aware, and more and more vocal.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/religiou...-problems/

No, it's not recognized in the DSM.

"(Complex PTSD has not yet been included in the DSM; nor has RTS.) "

http://www.babcp.com/Review/RTS-Trauma-f...igion.aspx

Unless you have some later sources to confirm that it was recently added, it seems that your claim of official recognition is false.
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
07-07-2015, 07:39 AM
(07-07-2015 04:00 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 03:45 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  *sigh* more appeals to morality... I thought you guys were opposed to logical fallacies?

*sigh* ...I thought you'd left to troll greener pastures elsewhere.

New forum members, meet dildo.

See, if you hadn't quoted him, I wouldn't have even known what he said. When I saw his name next to the ignored post notification, I just assumed he was saying something like "Yabut do you have absolute knowledge that religion causes harm?".
07-07-2015, 07:46 AM
(07-07-2015 06:01 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 05:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Seriously? A truth claim requires evidence; without evidence, it can be ignored.

I agree. However, where's your evidence that logic is valid? You can't use logic in your proof, because then it would be a circular argument.

You've got Sye Ten's head do far up your ass, you're a puppet.
07-07-2015, 08:37 AM
(07-07-2015 06:41 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 07:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  A new pathology that is now officially recognized in the latest DSM (the diagnostics manual for mental health professionals) is RTS. Religion can and does often cause harm, and we are becoming more and more aware, and more and more vocal.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/religiou...-problems/

No, it's not recognized in the DSM.

"(Complex PTSD has not yet been included in the DSM; nor has RTS.) "

http://www.babcp.com/Review/RTS-Trauma-f...igion.aspx

Unless you have some later sources to confirm that it was recently added, it seems that your claim of official recognition is false.

DSM V v62.89

And if the diagnosing mental health professional recognizes RTS, they could still give that diagnosis I imagine. It takes a while for some diagnoses to be explicitly written into it, but problems with religious upbringing are already in there under that code.

And the diagnoses for the DSM VI are already being decided.

Source, my wife is a mental health professional, you dumb fuck.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-07-2015, 09:06 AM
(07-07-2015 08:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  DSM V v62.89

No it's not in the DSM V v62.89

Quote:And if the diagnosing mental health professional recognizes RTS, they could still give that diagnosis I imagine.

No, they couldn't, they'd have to diagnose it into broader officially recognized categories.

Quote:Source, my wife is a mental health professional, you dumb fuck.

Your wife doesn't seem particularly astute on the topic. My professional life, actually entails structuring medicaid, medicare, and commercial insurance plans, establishing the various criteria needing to be met for patients to receive coverage, insuring that proper diagnosis codes are used, etc. I work in conjunctions with doctors, pharmacists, insurers, etc.. An unofficially recognized diagnosis is literally worthless.

It's evident that you made the part up about RTS being officially recognized by the latest DSM, perhaps read something wrong along the way. So it's time to stop being a cowardly son of a bitch, and own up to your mistake.
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
07-07-2015, 09:17 AM
(07-07-2015 09:06 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 08:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  DSM V v62.89

No it's not in the DSM V v62.89

Quote:And if the diagnosing mental health professional recognizes RTS, they could still give that diagnosis I imagine.

No, they couldn't, they'd have to diagnose it into broader officially recognized categories.

Quote:Source, my wife is a mental health professional, you dumb fuck.

Your wife doesn't seem particularly astute on the topic. My professional life, actually entails structuring medicaid, medicare, and commercial insurance plans, establishing the various criteria needing to be met for patients to receive coverage, insuring that proper diagnosis codes are used, etc. I work in conjunctions with doctors, pharmacists, insurers, etc.. An unofficially recognized diagnosis is literally worthless.

It's evident that you made the part up about RTS being officially recognized by the latest DSM, perhaps read something wrong along the way. So it's time to stop being a cowardly son of a bitch, and own up to your mistake.

You're an ignorant dick, go fuck yourself , troll

-Rick
07-07-2015, 11:35 AM
The wife (a mental health therapist) did clarify for me that it isn't its own diagnosis and is therefore not an official one (RTS), so it must still be debated about its inclusion in the next DSM. She suggests it would fit well as a sub-type of PTSD.

-Rick
07-07-2015, 10:28 PM
(07-07-2015 06:26 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 06:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Now, now, diddo -- we told you how to behave --- you're supposed to say "Why?" --- and we'll answer -- "Because I said so"...

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

huh, my reaction to when I noticed you were lurking about. I could of sworn the Ebola got you.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
08-07-2015, 12:50 AM
(07-07-2015 07:46 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 06:01 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I agree. However, where's your evidence that logic is valid? You can't use logic in your proof, because then it would be a circular argument.

You've got Sye Ten's head do far up your ass, you're a puppet.

Yes, because I've never seen anyone refute Sye Ten. Drinking Beverage

Truth seeker.