Religious extremism or political motivation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 05:36 AM
RE: Religious extremism or political motivation
Jefe.

I dislike it immensely when I say something, someone reads it, has no idea what I'm saying, demonstrates that they do not understand it at all, and then confidently informs me that I'm wrong. I have no patience for it and whether you know it or not, that's what you've done. I've been patient and tried to correct your misunderstanding, but you have resisted my efforts and continued to say that I'm wrong for reasons that have nothing to do with my argument. Systems thinking and human systems intervention are well established and will continue on regardless of whether or not you comprehend it. I can tell you that right now, you do not. What you choose to do with that information is for you to decide. I have made a strong argument that is in no way diminished by your lack of comprehension about a small part of it; what one calls an organisation of humans. You're actually agreeing with me in one breath and then disagreeing with me in the next for no reason other than you are rejecting/confusing my terminology. So I'm moving on with my life and allowing my argument to stand on its own, which it does handily.

If you're genuinely interested in learning more, then do this. Explain to me what a human system is. I know that your understanding is incorrect, so if you explain it to me, perhaps I can correct your misunderstanding which will allow us to get to the actual meat of the conversation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
09-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Fucking Ghost. Big Grin

(09-05-2013 12:34 AM)Andrew_Njonjo Wrote:  This is exhausting. There is so much misunderstanding (deliberate and non-deliberate) and veiled insults in the above exchange that I am unsure what the point is.

That is the point, now. We're a feisty lot. Thumbsup

(09-05-2013 12:34 AM)Andrew_Njonjo Wrote:  I suggest The Boss and The Ghost move over to a different thread and settle their differences, and allow Death to conduct his online poll (which I will add is using a very biased sample of the population).

N00bs don't get to suggest stuff. Tongue

I didn't have a point originally. I went with my gut.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
09-05-2013, 07:04 AM
(04-05-2013 06:52 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Religious extremism and political motivation are not mutually exclusive.

It all becomes a question of identity. Faith of self, faith of god; all that faith shit get a motherfucker in trouble.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
09-05-2013, 10:39 AM
(09-05-2013 05:36 AM)Ghost Wrote:  "You're actually agreeing with me in one breath and then disagreeing with me in the next for no reason other than you are rejecting/confusing my terminology."

Look... this is very simple. I didn't deny that humans create systems. I disputed your claim that we are genetically programmed to create them. That's the only point of contention I have with what you've written.

You haven't provided sufficient evidence to prove your claim and, you haven't even attempted to elaborate on that point of contention.

Instead, you've merely repeated the term human systems in as many different ways as you can while peppering your responses with petty insults.

Either you have evidence to support your assertion or you don't. That has nothing to do with me.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Jefe.

Despite my better judgement, I'll try one more time.

I've provided plenty of evidence. But if I provide evidence for how gasoline fuels cars and you think cars run on happiness, of course you're not going to acknowledge my evidence.

There is a disconnect here. That is why you and I are on the same page. And I know exactly what the source of that disconnect is.

You don't understand what a human system is. Period.

So. Explain to me what it is you think a human system is. That way, we can find the disconnect.

Alternately (better yet 'as well', but I'll take what I can get), explain to me the non-genetic mechanism that explains why humans are social organisms.
09-05-2013, 01:08 PM
(09-05-2013 12:39 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Jefe.

Despite my better judgement, I'll try one more time.

I've provided plenty of evidence. But if I provide evidence for how gasoline fuels cars and you think cars run on happiness, of course you're not going to acknowledge my evidence.

There is a disconnect here. That is why you and I are on the same page. And I know exactly what the source of that disconnect is.

You don't understand what a human system is. Period.

So. Explain to me what it is you think a human system is. That way, we can find the disconnect.

Alternately (better yet 'as well', but I'll take what I can get), explain to me the non-genetic mechanism that explains why humans are social organisms.

Do me a favor my friend, you decide what you understand and let me decide what I understand.

You have asserted that there is a gene (or group of genes) that compel human beings to invent systems. You made that claim, not me. And because you made that claim, you bear the burden of proof for its validity.

I've explained my position and it is that our environment provokes the creation of these human systems.

This may help... Let's say we find a human being who was abandoned at a very young age and who grew up in the absence of other human beings. Your assertion is that there is a biological construct that would compel that human to seek social constructs if or when he finally came into contact with other human beings. However, the very few cases of such humans being discovered provide contradictory evidence to your assertion. Of course, it could be that there is an extremely rare genetic defect that causes some humans not to be compelled toward utilizing systems and it could be that the rare few of these cases involved people who had this rare genetic defect. However, that begs one to accept staggeringly unlikely odds... repeatedly.

All you have to do is provide evidence of the genes you claim exist. I would think that should be easy.

Oh and, we're not moving the goal posts on the definition of human systems. I asked very specific clarifying questions at the beginning of this conversation so as to avoid that complication.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2013, 01:53 PM
You make me laugh.