Religious folks say the darnedest things...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Religious folks say the darnedest things...
So yesterday, the girl who sits in the cubicle (I mean office! Yeah, the office) opposite mine gets these beautiful flowers (gladiolas, I think???) and throughout the day she's admiring them and how they're blooming and blooming and at some point goes, "It's amazing the things God can do."

I can't describe what happened to my face then, but it wasn't pretty. I'm fairly sure my nose crinkled up and I know I threw up in my mouth a little bit. Blech. Confused

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
05-09-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: Religious folks say the darnedest things...
Sounds like you missed a perfect opportunity to ram your atheist beliefs down this persons throat.
For shame.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Ask to be relocated on the grounds of religious persecution.

You don't want to get contaminated, do you?

05-09-2013, 09:15 AM
(05-09-2013 07:56 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sounds like you missed a perfect opportunity to ram your atheist beliefs down this persons throat.
For shame.

I have failed you, muffsy... Weeping

(05-09-2013 08:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Ask to be relocated on the grounds of religious persecution.

You don't want to get contaminated, do you?

Relocated? But... but... I have a window seat. Sadcryface

05-09-2013, 12:54 PM
(05-09-2013 07:09 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So yesterday, the girl who sits in the cubicle (I mean office! Yeah, the office) opposite mine gets these beautiful flowers (gladiolas, I think???) and throughout the day she's admiring them and how they're blooming and blooming and at some point goes, "It's amazing the things God can do."

I can't describe what happened to my face then, but it wasn't pretty. I'm fairly sure my nose crinkled up and I know I threw up in my mouth a little bit. Blech. Confused

Haha. I think I can top that. My family was talking about my father-in-laws horrible boss, saying how ridiculous and mean he is. My sister-in-law chimes in with "He (the boss) better watch out about messing with children of God." Shocking Basically went on to say that bad things happen to people who mess with Christians. Well, she isn't wrong, I guess. Violent much? Lol

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
05-09-2013, 02:22 PM
(05-09-2013 12:54 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Haha. I think I can top that. My family was talking about my father-in-laws horrible boss, saying how ridiculous and mean he is. My sister-in-law chimes in with "He (the boss) better watch out about messing with children of God." Shocking Basically went on to say that bad things happen to people who mess with Christians. Well, she isn't wrong, I guess. Violent much? Lol

That reminds me of how I've been told, I don't know how many times, that John Lennon died so violently because the Beatles (or maybe it was him specifically) said they'd become more famous than Jesus.

I like your avatar, by the way. That was my favorite movie as a child!

06-09-2013, 05:23 AM
(05-09-2013 02:22 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(05-09-2013 12:54 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Haha. I think I can top that. My family was talking about my father-in-laws horrible boss, saying how ridiculous and mean he is. My sister-in-law chimes in with "He (the boss) better watch out about messing with children of God." Shocking Basically went on to say that bad things happen to people who mess with Christians. Well, she isn't wrong, I guess. Violent much? Lol

That reminds me of how I've been told, I don't know how many times, that John Lennon died so violently because the Beatles (or maybe it was him specifically) said they'd become more famous than Jesus.

I like your avatar, by the way. That was my favorite movie as a child!

That's ridiculous! And thank you! I love that movie too. Smile

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
06-09-2013, 05:28 AM
(05-09-2013 02:22 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I like your avatar, by the way. That was my favorite movie as a child!

I like your avatar too, actually! I'm an ISFP. Haha Tongue

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
06-09-2013, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 04:59 PM by Luminon.)
(05-09-2013 07:09 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So yesterday, the girl who sits in the cubicle (I mean office! Yeah, the office) opposite mine gets these beautiful flowers (gladiolas, I think???) and throughout the day she's admiring them and how they're blooming and blooming and at some point goes, "It's amazing the things God can do."
Be a macho. Agree with her and describe the beauty of great white shark. A calm, efficient killer, with senses that we sinful humans can not even imagine, sensing electric charge on a distance. Streamlined, yet skin like sandpaper. Never has to sleep or rest. Has multiple sets of teeth. Beautiful peacekeeper of the oceans. Can tear off a surfer's leg in one bite. God had really let his glory shine on this one Thumbsup God knew in His wisdom that cute little baby seals tend to overbreed and there must be a greater force to smite them like the babes of Jericho Evil_monster

Cool avatar, btw. My true inner self is INFP too, but jailed by the INTP brain who handles all outgoing communication, so prepare your PhD diploma if you want to get through for a cup of tea, cupcake and cooking sherry!
16-09-2013, 10:21 AM
(06-09-2013 04:53 PM)Luminon Wrote:  My true inner self is INFP too, but jailed by the INTP brain who handles all outgoing communication, so prepare your PhD diploma if you want to get through for a cup of tea, cupcake and cooking sherry!

Yeah, being INFP is pretty much the nth degree of suckitude most of the time.

On the one hand, I'm immersed in a world of my own making that far exceeds the drudgery and utter unfairness of the real world, and on the other, there's life, constantly banging at the door, reminding me that this inner world is a complete sham that will never be realized outside my mind.

And if that isn't frustrating enough, there's always the war between my desire for authenticity and my ache for something more, something greater than myself, something inevitably counterfeit. The result is a feeling of forever being torn apart.