Religious headgear - LOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Man wins right to wear pasta strainer on head in driver’s license photo
I know I've been a little absent lately. had some personal issues, but now I'm back.

To start the day with a smile: This guy deserves a medal! Big Grin

Quote:Pasta strainers are now considered suitable religious headgear in Austria ... at least as far as the transport authorities are concerned.

Three years after applying for a new driver's licence, an Austrian man has finally received the laminated card. And the picture shows him sporting an upturned pasta strainer on his head.

Nothing to worry about: the authorities ruled the kitchen utensil was a suitable religious accessory for a Pastafarian.

Niko Alm, an entrepreneur, told the Austria Press Agency he had the idea when he read that headgear was allowed in official pictures only for "confessional" reasons.

The atheist says he belongs to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a light-hearted "faith" whose members call themselves Pastafarians and whose "only dogma ... is the rejection of dogma," according to its website.

Accordingly, Alm sent his application for a new driver's license in 2008 along with a picture of himself with a colander on his head.

The stunt got him an invitation to the doctor's to check he was mentally fit to drive, but after three years, Alm's efforts have paid off.

He now wants to apply for Pastafarianism to become an officially recognised faith in Austria.

[Image: ebf24a82327b0d21531e6fb57f756b55.jpg]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2011, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2011 01:31 AM by Buddy Christ.)
RE: Man wins right to wear pasta strainer on head in driver’s license photo
That is fucking fantastic. It is a step forward in our (futile) attempt to demonstrate the ridiculousness of religious beliefs through rights of legal attire. I kind of worry every time we make progress in showing the hilarity of religion through our non-religion. What if it eventually escalates to suicide bombing in his Noodly name? What if the line between satire and actual religion becomes blurred and we fall to the dark side?

EDIT: I like the comment section: "Bravo! Now maybe my religion can finally get recognized. We Frisbietarians believe that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and they can't get it down. "

Another edit: His completely serious gaze makes the picture that much better. "What? No this isn't a joke, it's my religion and I'd appreciate a little respect."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
14-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Next time I have to renew my license I am totally gonna wear a pirate hat. Hey, it can also qualify as a suitable pastafarian accessory, right?

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
[+] 1 user Likes Efrx86's post
14-07-2011, 02:36 AM
Ahahaha, once again his noodley appendage embraces us with another glorious victory.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
14-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I love how serious this is all getting.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
14-07-2011, 09:01 PM
All hail the flying spaghetti monster! ARRG!

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Religious headgear - LOL
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523

Would be so cool if more people did stunts like this!

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member