Religious insanity in Israel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: Religious insanity in Israel
Good, good, so there is an alternative to the madness, good... Anyway, I tend to sound worse than I am, but the truth is that the Israel government has allowed all sorts of religious monstrosities to happen, because they are religious, how could you say NO to someone who respects and worships the same YHWH as the rest of the more moderate people do?

Anyway, as long as the people in Israel allow these extremists to work and promote their extremism, as long as the Rabis (did I spell this correctly?) do not expel them from the church (Synagogues, whatever), as long as you all do not condemn them harshly and seriously, you will have these kind of thing happening again. That includes jail times, rehabilitations, psychiatrists and all those beautiful things that the rest of the countries have for this kind of behavior.

I do not want to comment on Israel-Palestine war, I do not live there, so I can not argue with you, but I am sure that every story has two sides and that it is not that simple as you just described it. You do realize that your government is telling you only the things they want you to know about the whole situation, right? This may be a very biased site, but still, there are no justification for this and this IS a terrorist attack, no denying it. But please, let's not go into this subject, OK?
http://friendsofpalestine.wordpress.com/...s-in-gaza/

I think that the people of Israel need to change a lot of things concerning their politicians, state politics and religions, but that is only my opinion, who am I to tell you what to do in your country?

Peace.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
05-01-2012, 09:03 AM
(05-01-2012 07:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  Good, good, so there is an alternative to the madness, good... Anyway, I tend to sound worse than I am, but the truth is that the Israel government has allowed all sorts of religious monstrosities to happen, because they are religious, how could you say NO to someone who respects and worships the same YHWH as the rest of the more moderate people do?

So maybe you should restrain yourself from time to time, and think a little bit before you post those things. do me a favoure and read your last post- you called my whole country (that includes me, of course) uneducted, intolerant, terrorist, hypocrite and finely- extremists, just because we have a small group in our country which can be described as such. You come from Croatia- I don't know your country that well, I actually don't know your country at all. Lets say I read someday a report about some group of Croatians who murdered a foreign guy, would it be fair if I would thought all the Croatians are racists murderers? would you accept me telling you something like "Croatia's government has allowed all sorts of racists monstrosities to happen"? I'm sure, like any other person in this world, you won't like me intervene in your country's internal issues (especially knowing my obvious lack of knowledge in regard of your country), so why you allowe yourself doing that? let me tell you a little secret- the "rest of the moderate people who worship the same YHWH" aren't really exist. The truth is, most of the people in Israel are secular or traditional (and by "traditional" I mean to those people who keep kosher or having a kidush for the sake of the tradition, not because they believe in god. like my family, for example), and believe me- we're sick and tired of it. Bibi and his Haredi friends won't ever survive next election. You could see it last summer, and until now Bibi has failled to answer our demands.

(05-01-2012 07:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  Anyway, as long as the people in Israel allow these extremists to work and promote their extremism, as long as the Rabis (did I spell this correctly?) do not expel them from the church (Synagogues, whatever), as long as you all do not condemn them harshly and seriously, you will have these kind of thing happening again. That includes jail times, rehabilitations, psychiatrists and all those beautiful things that the rest of the countries have for this kind of behavior.

Don't you think we already KNOW that?!?! you see one report which you'll forget about in a few days, and you allowe yourself to come and practically order my country what it should and shouldn't do about an issue you don't even know. but I actually live here. I actually see day by day what happens here, I see day by day how groups of people- men and wemen- go on a "Mehadrin" bus and sit next to each other, despite being cursed by the Haredim, I see how brave women do not surrender to the awefull attacks of Hardim and do not go sit in the back of the bus, I see how 5000 people came all the way to Beit Shemesh, religious Jewish people as well, to support in the freedom we fought, and still are fighting, to have in our land. Now, with what right do you come here and tell me what we should or shouldn't do? I bet you even imagine me with veil and long skirt with long sleeves and you're sure that right after I write you this post I'll go and cook a meal for my husbend before he comes back from doing noting all day long in the synagogue. think again.

(05-01-2012 07:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  I do not want to comment on Israel-Palestine war, I do not live there, so I can not argue with you, but I am sure that every story has two sides and that it is not that simple as you just described it. You do realize that your government is telling you only the things they want you to know about the whole situation, right? This may be a very biased site, but still, there are no justification for this and this IS a terrorist attack, no denying it. But please, let's not go into this subject, OK?
http://friendsofpalestine.wordpress.com/...s-in-gaza/

Good, so don't comment on it, it has nothing to do with the issue we're discussing here. You don't live here- you said it yourself. Actually, I'm not the one who described the story as "simple", you did. You generalized the whole population of Israel on the basic of one event you don't even understand the background of it, you can not describe it more simple then that. And now you're suggesting I live in kind of a dictatorship where there is only government-controlled media? according to the information I have in my hands, Israel is actually the only country in the Middle East which has free media. I know my country does wrong things, I recognize that fact, but I also recognize the fact that the other side is not an angel either. That "very unbiased" website didn't mention the Hamas probably kept stocks of rockets ment to be sheld into Israel's city in this school, isn't it?

(05-01-2012 07:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  I think that the people of Israel need to change a lot of things concerning their politicians, state politics and religions, but that is only my opinion, who am I to tell you what to do in your country?

Tell me one country who doesn't need to change things? now tell me why Israel is the only country who get criticism for that?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes shiranl's post
07-01-2012, 06:04 AM
I knew I shouldn't have commented on this, these kind of themes are always hard and never good to discus, not like this. I apologize if I offended you, that was not my intention and I tend to write things fast, so it usually comes out a bit wrong, which can be very wrong if the theme is serious as this one.

Then again, it is always a good thing to know how people around the world react and think. It is good for you, because you will know more and can prepare yourself better to understand and answer to people like me.

If you have written something about Croatia, I would just try to put things into objective perspective, that means I would explain the Croatian side of the story, but also the other side of the story, and that is not something you did here.

You are right to say that every country needs to change things, but you are very wrong when you ask why is it that only Israel gets criticism for it. Don't you read this forum? We have successfully criticized every single country here, so I really do not see how is it that you think that Israel is the only one. USA was bashed over and over again and it is all creative criticism, it is a way to see and hear things that are wrong, sometimes it gives you a new perspective if you hear it from some bystander and it is also a chance to explain your side and correct those who say wrong things, like you think I am doing now.

So I think that Israel is wrong in some things, so what? I always feel sorry for the oppressed party and that has to do with the country where I live, if you knew our history, you would understand more, but I will not judge you for not knowing both sides of the Croatian story, if nobody ever explained it to you, it is normal not to know. Since we tend to criticize all the countries, I do not see why would I have to treat Israel differently?

To end my rambling, I realize that these extremists are a small number of people, I understand that not all of the Jewish people are like that, but I also realize that people have elected the ruling party of the country and I do not like some moves that that same ruling party has made.

-Hunter S. Thompson
07-01-2012, 07:58 AM
apology accepted, and if I offended you in any way, I am apologize as well.

I know how people around the world react, that is why I was so pissed off. I knew that sooner or later someone here will generalize this group's acts as if they were all the citizens of Israel- because you're fed up by media which doesn't like us very much.

I beg to differ. I did explained you what people are doing here (AKA protesting in Beit Shemesh, the busses in question, and individual women who do not surrender), I did explained you the other side. Maybe you want to hear about the arrests the police have made?

thank you for compering Israel with USA, but I am doubtfull we're that powerfull. A few years ago when my brother was about 9 or 10 years old, my brother in law asked him "Around what the world spins?" his answer was clever with a pinch of truthness "USA".
For example, if America can't dill with its debt- America's internal problem- it affects directly my bank acount (and since I haven't got much in there I think I have the right to bash a little bit the USA, don't you think?). correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anybody here cares about the lack of humanity in USA's health system (unless, of course, the Americans around here), I'm not familiar with all the threads here, but I'm pritty sure no body here ever discussed that issue, and why? because excluding America's residents, it doesn't affects anybody. So in an issue like we discussed here, an issue which is pritty aweful (just like the health system of America), you do discuss- though it doesn't affects anybody but Israelis? I'm not talking about bashing my country in general, I'm talking about taking an issue, an internal issue (which most of you don't know much of it either), and take it as an excuse to bash my country. That I cannot understand.

Actually we didn't really elected the Likud party...they won second place in the election (in 1 mandate, actually), but the president gave Netanyahu the assignment of creating coalition because he believed the cahirwoman of Kadima Tzipi Livni, the winning party, couldn't creat coalition because she already had her chance before the general elections, and she couldn't creat the coalition then (when she had more "natural partners") so he was sure enough she couldn't do it after the election (when she had less "natural partenrs").
In any case, I have good reason to believe Netanyahu won't survive another elections, he won't win, he pissed off too many people here in Israel and he didn't do a thing to sutisfy us. His great acomplishment in the 3 years he's PM was bringing back Gilad Shalit, and even that he managed to screw up since he pushed himslef into the moment of Gilad and his father reunite.
09-01-2012, 04:08 AM
I hear what you are saying, but you this is a public forum and there are a lot of people who care about other countries and what happens there. I was following the Palestine problem for years, but I stopped last couple of years. Why? I don't know, I thought it was important and I still think it is important, no matter that it is so far away from my country, I do not want to be ignorant bastard who has no idea what is going on in the world. After you follow something, you start to have your opinions about the matter at hand, so that is why I have my own opinion about those things, no matter the fact that it has nothing to do with me. Most of the people I've met here have the same view on world issues and problems as I do. That is why you can find most of the world countries on this forum and a lot of discussions about the problems from those states, no matter who lives there or not.

You mentioned USA's health care, I was the one that had commented on that subject many times and not only me, but people from around the globe. Why? Because I think I have something smart to say (it does not need to be true) so I say it. Somebody may like what I have to say, somebody won't.

If you were to write something concerning Israel and expect that only people from Israel reply to your thread, you wouldn't get any answers, but if you get the comments from other people, then you have someone to discus the issues with.

And I think that Israel is pretty important and a strong country in the global terms, not something or someone to be taken lightly, considering your military, economy, religious status... You are much stronger in the global terms than you might think and countries like USA depend on Israel as much as you depend on USA. The main thing why would be rich Jewish people that hold banks, Hollywood and similar money-making machines that USA needs and there are enough of those.

And strong and important countries should be criticized and talked about all over the world, it is not bashing, it is constructive criticism. You see, I started something, then you came and explained a lot of things, so now a lot of people who are reading this can see my point of view and your explanations, and thus, draw a much clearer picture about the subject.

It is all positive.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
09-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Well, it was enough reasonable post, I even did "like" on it Tongue

One thing I have to disagree- Israel isn't a strong country. How can we messure it? well, if tomorrow Israel would be demolished by Iran (a very realistic scenario), what will happen? My theory is- nothing. Maybe the USA will want to react, but Turkey- a NATO member- will veto it. The Arabs will have to find a new object to hate (Europe I guess), and the world will continue to spin and spin and spin. The world will lose a good technology and new medicine, not something you would care a lot for. In the end- Israel disappearens will be meaningful only to the Israelis- who lost their home and probably their life too- and for the Muslim world- who will jump around with happiness the Zionist monster have finely perished.
If we were that strong- I wouldn't be afraid to wake up everyday and fear that will be my last day on earth.
11-01-2012, 03:34 AM
I still think that your country has a very strong background. You do realize all those jokes about rich Jews, about Jews and banks and similar? Well there is some truth in it, a lot of banks is owned by Jewish people, banks are full of money, every Jew is connected to Israel, thus, Israel has a strong background and that makes it a strong country. If you weren't a strong country, you wouldn't survive a day in your surrounding area, without any friends for neighbors. As far as I recall, everyone in Israel serves a year or more in the Army, women, man, everybody who is able, that makes you even military strong. Plus, you are very close friends with USA, that makes you very strong, everybody who is a good friend with USA has pretty strong support. So yeah, Israel is a strong world country, no mistake there.

If anyone ever attacks you, USA will not need the support or approval of NATO, do they ever look for that? They just come and do their thing in the name of democracy, so do not worry, you have the strongest ally on your side.

Filox's supreme logic is still active...

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson