Religious justice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Religious justice
I just met a religious dude who would not stop someone who set child on fire because that's what god wants. How does he know what god wants? Because children burn from time to time and god does not interfere therefore it's part of the plan. Yippy Ky Yay motherfuckers!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: Religious justice
It's probably a safe bet his views on that would change in an instant if he was the one on fire.
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
13-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Yes but he probly would watch somebody burn on fire with indifference. He sounded very convinced.
13-02-2014, 09:37 PM
You could counter that it's possibly gods plan that he was there at that moment to intervene on the child's behalf. He could be inadvertently doing satan's work Evil_monster you know... God and his 'mysterious ways' and all that
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
13-02-2014, 09:38 PM
(13-02-2014 09:37 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You could counter that it's possibly gods plan that he was there at that moment to intervene on the child's behalf. He could be inadvertently doing satan's work Evil_monster you know... God and his 'mysterious ways' and all that

He does not believe in satan he thinks there is one god in charge of everything.
13-02-2014, 09:38 PM
(13-02-2014 09:35 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Yes but he probly would watch somebody burn on fire with indifference. He sounded very convinced.

I don't doubt that, I was just pointing out some likely hypocrisy.

Though I wonder how you can tell the difference between God not wanting you to intervene and God putting you in a spot for the specific purpose of intervening. He probably tells them in their heads. Rolleyes
13-02-2014, 09:39 PM
I would have replied...

"It just goes to show... God's a twat, and you're a coward for not standing up to him"

... And then just walk away.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
13-02-2014, 09:40 PM
(13-02-2014 09:38 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 09:35 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Yes but he probly would watch somebody burn on fire with indifference. He sounded very convinced.

I don't doubt that, I was just pointing out some likely hypocrisy.

Though I wonder how you can tell the difference between God not wanting you to intervene and God putting you in a spot for the specific purpose of intervening. He probably tells them in their heads. Rolleyes
He thinks putting people in danger for others to intervene is nonsensical because god would inflict suffering upon a person only if they deserve it. So when people save other people they interfere in gods plan. Funny I know.
13-02-2014, 09:51 PM
(13-02-2014 09:40 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 09:38 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I don't doubt that, I was just pointing out some likely hypocrisy.

He thinks putting people in danger for others to intervene is nonsensical because god would inflict suffering upon a person only if they deserve it. So when people save other people they interfere in gods plan. Funny I know.

Hehe, I love it when religious people call something nonsensical. Laughat
13-02-2014, 10:51 PM
(13-02-2014 09:40 PM)donotwant Wrote:  He thinks putting people in danger for others to intervene is nonsensical because god would inflict suffering upon a person only if they deserve it. So when people save other people they interfere in gods plan. Funny I know.

I wonder what he thinks about the suffering of people all over the world due to circumstances not of their own making or choosing. On second thought, I'm sure it would come out highly bigoted and racist, so maybe I shouldn't wonder that.

That person is a psychopath.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody