Religious justice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Religious justice
(13-02-2014 10:51 PM)Anudist Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 09:40 PM)donotwant Wrote:  He thinks putting people in danger for others to intervene is nonsensical because god would inflict suffering upon a person only if they deserve it. So when people save other people they interfere in gods plan. Funny I know.

I wonder what he thinks about the suffering of people all over the world due to circumstances not of their own making or choosing. On second thought, I'm sure it would come out highly bigoted and racist, so maybe I shouldn't wonder that.

That person is a psychopath.
Aren't most people are then? Religion is authoritarian system.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2014, 10:55 PM
(13-02-2014 09:31 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I just met a religious dude who would not stop someone who set child on fire because that's what god wants. How does he know what god wants? Because children burn from time to time and god does not interfere therefore it's part of the plan. Yippy Ky Yay motherfuckers!

He sounds like a deranged sociopath. I'd avoid him.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
13-02-2014, 11:08 PM
(13-02-2014 10:54 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Aren't most people are then? Religion is authoritarian system.

Not everyone sees the bad in the world as the will of a god, rather more of a product of human fallibility (and by extension the complicit and lazy nature of said god, but that doesn't cross their minds). I would like to think that most people (with normal brain function) would have the decency to help a child who was on fire.

George Carlin had much to say about this subject.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
13-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah but did it ever occur to anyone that there could be an evil god?
13-02-2014, 11:27 PM
(13-02-2014 11:08 PM)Anudist Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 10:54 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Aren't most people are then? Religion is authoritarian system.

Not everyone sees the bad in the world as the will of a god, rather more of a product of human fallibility

Human fallibility would then be reflection of gods fallibility nothing more. But even if something went wrong non intervention = evil.
13-02-2014, 11:29 PM
(13-02-2014 11:20 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Yeah but did it ever occur to anyone that there could be an evil god?

Billions of people before now, and even now if you count Satan. All the religious of today will do is blame the bad things in the world on either the fallibility of man, or the result of Lucifers works on people. Then give credit for all of the good to their benevolent god, who again couldn't be bothered to stop the evil in the first place because reasons.

The religious are never short on answers; the problem is they can never back them up.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
13-02-2014, 11:31 PM
(13-02-2014 11:27 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Human fallibility would then be reflection of gods fallibility nothing more. But even if something went wrong non intervention = evil.

A very Epicurean observation.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
13-02-2014, 11:43 PM
(13-02-2014 11:31 PM)Anudist Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 11:27 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Human fallibility would then be reflection of gods fallibility nothing more. But even if something went wrong non intervention = evil.

A very Epicurean observation.

Incredible for somebody who lived 2300 years ago XD
14-02-2014, 12:44 AM
I heard there were a group of Italian women a few hundreds of years ago who decided to worship satan because they saw what God was doing!

This person who would not do anything to prevent a child set on fire - does he look before crossing the road - amazing he's still alive, is my opinion ...

Then again, I'm afraid to say ... it may have nothing to do with religion - don't you get illogical/pathological atheists too? Hopefully less of em .....

Moodie x
14-02-2014, 12:59 AM
(14-02-2014 12:44 AM)Moodie Wrote:  I heard there were a group of Italian women a few hundreds of years ago who decided to worship satan because they saw what God was doing!

This person who would not do anything to prevent a child set on fire - does he look before crossing the road - amazing he's still alive, is my opinion ...

Then again, I'm afraid to say ... it may have nothing to do with religion - don't you get illogical/pathological atheists too? Hopefully less of em .....

Moodie x

What do you mean by illogical/pathological atheists? Examples plox.