Religious justice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2014, 08:46 AM
RE: Religious justice
(13-02-2014 09:31 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I just met a religious dude who would not stop someone who set child on fire because that's what god wants. How does he know what god wants? Because children burn from time to time and god does not interfere therefore it's part of the plan. Yippy Ky Yay motherfuckers!

It's because they're rationalizing this all post hoc to fit their just world hypothesis. Basically, anything that happens is God's Will, so it was meant to be. Of course, I don't know why interfering with any given event couldn't also be God's will, but whatever.

I'd say this guy doesn't believe in free will, but that's almost certainly wrong. I bet his rationalization of that is priceless.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2014, 11:17 AM
RE: Religious justice
(13-02-2014 09:31 PM)donotwant Wrote:  I just met a religious dude who would not stop someone who set child on fire because that's what god wants. How does he know what god wants? Because children burn from time to time and god does not interfere therefore it's part of the plan. Yippy Ky Yay motherfuckers!

To be fair, I didn't know any religious people with positions that extreme when I was involved. They would certainly try to stop crimes in progress. This person seems to have taken Calvinist-style determinism to an extreme.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply