Religious knowledge quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2014, 09:35 AM
RE: Religious knowledge quiz
13/15

I didn't know the beginning of the Sabbath or who participated in "The First Great Awakening."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2014, 09:44 AM
12/15 for me.

I got the Job question wrong. I put down Abraham. I was thinking of how he was told to sacrifice his son and cut off his own foreskin as probably counting as 'suffering'. I shudder to think what Job must have gone through. All I could remember about him was something about being eaten alive by a whale and then being vomited up again. Or was that someone else?

I guessed correctly for the two American specific questions.

I was unsure about the Jewish sabbath but my last boss was a Jewish who was also a workaholic and that threw me. I can't remember what else I got wrong.

(I got 14/15 for the science test although I wasn't sure for some of the questions e.g. sulphide / sulphate)

Oh yes, "The First Great Awakening." Never heard of it.
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2014, 10:01 AM
(10-04-2014 09:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  12/15 for me.

I got the Job question wrong. I put down Abraham. I was thinking of how he was told to sacrifice his son and cut off his own foreskin as probably counting as 'suffering'. I shudder to think what Job must have gone through. All I could remember about him was something about being eaten alive by a whale and then being vomited up again. Or was that someone else?

I guessed correctly for the two American specific questions.

I was unsure about the Jewish sabbath but my last boss was a Jewish who was also a workaholic and that threw me. I can't remember what else I got wrong.

(I got 14/15 for the science test although I wasn't sure for some of the questions e.g. sulphide / sulphate)

Oh yes, "The First Great Awakening." Never heard of it.

No that was Jonah, Job is the one that got to be fucked with while God and Satan had brunch and Satan bet god he could get this random dude to curse his name.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-04-2014, 10:02 AM
I just made my fundie-ish coworker take this quiz. She scored 12/15 which I thought was very good for her.

To be fair she said she admitted that she only knew at least one of them because of me. She said for example the bread and wine used for communion becoming the actual body and blood of Christ, she only knew because I've told her about it in the past.

But one she got wrong which she is arguing she still got right, was "When does the Jewish Sabbath begin?"

She answered Saturday, but argues that she's right because the "Jewish" Saturday begins at sundown on Friday. So the Jewish Sabbath begins, on the "Jewish Saturday" which begins on our Friday sunset. ...your thoughts on this argument?

10-04-2014, 10:05 AM
(10-04-2014 10:02 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  She answered Saturday, but argues that she's right because the "Jewish" Saturday begins at sundown on Friday. So the Jewish Sabbath begins, on the "Jewish Saturday" which begins on our Friday sunset. ...your thoughts on this argument?

You can call it whatever you want to call it, but it still starts on Friday. So, it's Friday.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
10-04-2014, 10:22 AM
(10-04-2014 10:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 10:02 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  She answered Saturday, but argues that she's right because the "Jewish" Saturday begins at sundown on Friday. So the Jewish Sabbath begins, on the "Jewish Saturday" which begins on our Friday sunset. ...your thoughts on this argument?

You can call it whatever you want to call it, but it still starts on Friday. So, it's Friday.

That's what I said. She thinks she should still get a half a point. I said...maybe a I'd give her an extra ¼ point, for a total of 12 ¼. But I have to check with you all first. Thumbsup

10-04-2014, 10:32 AM
(10-04-2014 10:22 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 10:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You can call it whatever you want to call it, but it still starts on Friday. So, it's Friday.

That's what I said. She thinks she should still get a half a point. I said...maybe a I'd give her an extra ¼ point, for a total of 12 ¼. But I have to check with you all first. Thumbsup

Sorry common usage is the way the question was asked so it is friday. Now had it asked what day of the jewish week then she would have a point. No points awarded.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-04-2014, 10:51 AM
(10-04-2014 10:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 10:22 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  That's what I said. She thinks she should still get a half a point. I said...maybe a I'd give her an extra ¼ point, for a total of 12 ¼. But I have to check with you all first. Thumbsup

Sorry common usage is the way the question was asked so it is friday. Now had it asked what day of the jewish week then she would have a point. No points awarded.

That's also what I said. She asked for a point because she has knowledge of how the Jewish days start and end, on at sunset, not midnight. Thing is, I don't even know if that's true, but regardless, even if it is true...that's not the question, so no point for her. Thanks guys, I'll inform her that fellow atheist, and a theist both reject her partial credit. Thumbsup

10-04-2014, 12:56 PM
I got them all!

I was actually surprised. But the breakdown of what people don't know was freaking scary.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-04-2014, 01:02 PM
(10-04-2014 12:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I got them all!

I was actually surprised. But the breakdown of what people don't know was freaking scary.

10% of Jews didn't know Moses. How?

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post