Religious "knowledge"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2016, 08:08 AM
RE: Religious "knowledge"
(06-12-2016 10:03 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Holy Bible is the most special book on the planet.
Ok, you convinced me...
...you ARE just trolling here. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2016, 08:29 AM
(06-12-2016 10:03 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 09:22 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Aliza, as you tell it, Judaism ..........
Since you believe in a god, how do you know this god appointed the Jews to be his chosen people ?
How do you know anything at all about this god, about any attributes that would make such a being a god ?

Friends, let me make it clear, because the THEIST Aliza is not the active preacher. She preaches the Truth only by the confessing the "theism".

Oooh! I'm "preaching" now? Not just preaching, but preaching the Truth of the Theism ™

Well shit! I'm gonna preach it then!

Ladies and gentlemen of the forum! Verily I say unto you, there is no need to believe in G-d, because G-d will not becometh as the butt-hurt jack asses of humanity! Focus your efforts on being a good person and all will be well in your life. Do not fucketh over your fellow man, do not hurt and kill others. Do not emulate the kook-a-doodle idolaters who sacrifice their lives to false gods. Liveth in the now and seeketh happiness at every opportunity because this is the only life you've got. Finally, liveth in a society with laws and the means to enforce those laws, and you will have every opportunity to live a good life. Do not fucketh this life up, because thou shall not be granted do-overs

Amen.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
07-12-2016, 08:44 AM
(06-12-2016 10:03 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Holy Bible is the most special book on the planet.

For some values of "special", yes.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
07-12-2016, 12:55 PM
(06-12-2016 02:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 10:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I like the Holy Bible.

I like tap dancing.

Holy cow.
07-12-2016, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 09:12 PM by theBorg.)
(07-12-2016 08:29 AM)Aliza Wrote:  ............

It is the theism adapted for the atheism, the pure theism the atheists simply reject.

Nevertheless, I am not their "chew toy", a lady is the toy: she has the positive reputation among the "God's enemies".
07-12-2016, 09:14 PM
(07-12-2016 09:08 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 08:29 AM)Aliza Wrote:  ............

It is the theism adapted for the atheism, the pure theism the atheists simply reject.

Nevertheless, I am not their "chew toy", a lady is the toy.

Research Judaism. We don't care whether or not other people believe in G-d. Judaism is an action based religion that focuses on the here and now. Our concept of an afterlife is radically different than yours. Everything about Christianity is just a corrupted, paganized version of Judaism.

BTW, you're not gaining fans for your idolatrous god by generalizing women as toys, but good on you for leaving well enough alone in the quoting field. That shows some improvement in your integrity.... before you again lost it for being a womanizer.
07-12-2016, 09:28 PM
(06-12-2016 09:22 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Aliza, as you tell it, Judaism would seem to be a set of customs by which you live your life rather than a religion.

Okay, so yes, Judaism is both a culture and a relationship with the body of Israel and G-d. –And as many people view it, it’s also a “personal” relationship with G-d, though I hear a lot more about G-d and the people of Israel than I do about G-d and an individual within Israel.

(06-12-2016 09:22 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  From what I gather during my 5 second google search is that ...Jews believe that God appointed the Jews to be his chosen people in order to set an example of holiness and ethical behaviour to the world.

Since you believe in a god, how do you know this god appointed the Jews to be his chosen people ?

I hate to say that I know that G-d appointed the Jews to an atheist because I don’t claim to have evidence to support this. But you asked how I know so I’ll answer it as best I can with my standard disclaimer that my goal is to explain my position and not to convince you to adopt my reasoning.

Judaism teaches that G-d promised us that we’ll survive as a people, and we have. We’ve managed that without a homeland, often living in communities that have no contact with other Jewish communities in distant countries. We’ve all managed to hold onto the same traditions, religion, culture, cuisine, and language even though we’ve been broken up, scattered across the world, and settled into regions where more dominate religions have earnestly tried to destroy us.

Could this be self-fulfilling prophecy? Yes, of course, but we don’t have a problem with self-fulfilling prophecy, and we do not accept that others try to tell us that our prophecy must strictly be miraculous to "convince" them (as if convincing them was the goal.) What we see very often are statements made in the Hebrew Bible, and our interpretation of their fulfillment. Seeing this reinforces to many Jews that the statements in the Torah must be valid.

(06-12-2016 09:22 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  How do you know anything at all about this god, about any attributes that would make such a being a god ?

The attributes that we attach to our G-d come from the Torah and Talmud. Basically, discard everything that the Christians say their G-d is, discard everything you think you understand about G-d by reading an English version of the Torah, and start from scratch with a Jewish explanation.
07-12-2016, 09:28 PM
(07-12-2016 09:14 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 09:08 PM)theBorg Wrote:  It is the theism adapted for the atheism, the pure theism the atheists simply reject.

Research Judaism. We don't care whether or not other people believe in G-d. Judaism is an action based religion that focuses on the here and now. Our concept of an afterlife is radically different than yours. Everything about Christianity is just a corrupted, paganized version of Judaism.

BTW, you're not gaining fans for your idolatrous god by generalizing women as toys, but good on you for leaving well enough alone in the quoting field. That shows some improvement in your integrity.... before you again lost it for being a womanizer.

I take that back, theBorg. Don't research Judaism. It's really not for you.
07-12-2016, 09:52 PM
(07-12-2016 09:08 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Nevertheless, I am not their "chew toy", a lady is the toy...

(At this point, a Clue-By-Four™ describes a high-velocity arc towards the noggin of theBorg...)

*KABONGGG*

This "toy" hits back. Hard.

Now get down on your fucking knees and pray to your precious "Holy Trinity" to forgive you, because I won't.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2016, 09:55 PM
(07-12-2016 09:14 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 09:08 PM)theBorg Wrote:  It is the theism adapted for the atheism, the pure theism the atheists simply reject.

Again, I have to dispute this with you. SOME parts of Christianity are corrupted, Judaicized (Is that a word? I'm pretending that's a word) versions of paganism.

And also a lot of parts are politically-motivated doctrines and apologetic scramblings built on the foundational mishmash of corrupt Judaeo-pagan foundation.

TOTALLY NOT WHAT YOU WERE SAYING! Tongue