Religious liberty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Religious liberty
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trum...yptr=yahoo

Since it is the National Day of Prayer today, our great leader will sign a bill about religious liberty today.

Quote:Trump plans to sign an executive order to make it easier for churches to engage in politics without risking their tax-exempt status ― a controversial but far less extreme action than expected. The administration has not provided the text of the executive order, though, so its specific details remain unclear.

How does he soften the blow (you know he always makes things sound so horrible that people scramble for small favors and think they won).

Quote: It appears that LGBTQ rights advocates can breathe a sigh of relief on Thursday, when President Donald Trump signs an executive order on religious liberty.

Quote:The president, instead, is focused on removing barriers to churches and religious organizations so they can get more involved in politics while maintaining their tax-exempt status. The official said Trump believes it’s “intolerant and un-American” for politicians and government officials “to shut up their critics just because they’re church leaders or charities.”

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
04-05-2017, 09:30 AM
RE: Religious liberty
Every time I look at the news I want to vomit.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
04-05-2017, 09:52 AM
"The official said Trump believes it’s “intolerant and un-American” for politicians and government officials “to shut up their critics just because they’re church leaders or charities." - leaving aside the head-splitting irony of having someone actually dare claim that Trump "respects", "approves of", hell, can even tolerate any sort of criticism without throwing a major hissy fit, what does this even mean?!

(I'm not even gonna comment on that "un-American" bit, as I've done it before - as if American is the highest compliment you can pay someone. Seriously, and you wonder why the world's laughing at you!)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
04-05-2017, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 10:00 AM by SYZ.)
"National Day of Prayer" FFS? Only in America. Big Grin

It's all Abraham fucking Lincoln's fault, as his second inaugural address cited "God" seven times and "prayer" three times. Thanks Abe.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
04-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Prayer for the Sith Lords day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-05-2017, 11:08 AM
Isn't that order unconstitutional? Separation of church and state?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-05-2017, 11:25 AM
(04-05-2017 11:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  Isn't that order unconstitutional? Separation of church and state?

I'm sure it will be challenged. That's actually what's so frustrating to me the time, money and energy wasted on something that ends up in the dung heep.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-05-2017, 11:30 AM
(04-05-2017 11:25 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 11:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  Isn't that order unconstitutional? Separation of church and state?

I'm sure it will be challenged. That's actually what's so frustrating to me the time, money and energy wasted on something that ends up in the dung heep.

He cushioned it this way:

Quote:The president, surrounded by various faith leaders and Vice President Mike Pence, signed executive orders that would allow the IRS -- when IRS officials choose -- not to enforce the Johnson Amendment, which prohibits nonprofits such as churches and charities from "directly or indirectly" engaging in a political campaign. But the order doesn't provide blanket relief for tax-exempt religious organizations, opening the possibility that the IRS could pick and choose whom to penalize.

Same as with his deportation - all he has to do is give lots of freedoms to enforcement agencies. They will love him and back him when he seizes control of the country. And he gets to enforce shit he promised.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Also in there:

Quote:The order, which was based on one of Mr. Trump's campaign promises, would also provide regulatory relief from Obamacare requirements such as the requirement that organizations provide contraception care, which was heavily debated in the Little Sisters of the Poor case. Mr. Trump commended the nuns from the case for having "good lawyers."

04-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Church leaders should shut up because they are morons who believe, or profess to believe, in silly fairy tales.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!