Religious liberty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: Religious liberty
Quote:Eighty-one percent of Americans say the law should not allow companies or other institutions to use religious beliefs to decide whether to offer a service to some people and not others.

ACLU site.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-05-2017, 11:43 AM
[Image: blessed-are-the-sick-for-they-have-not-u...s-ward.jpg]

I almost wish there were a hell so all those smug, self-righteous, morally-and-mentally bankrupt, suffering-glorifying (mind you, only the suffering of *others*) excuses for human beings, like Mother Theresa, John Paul II and everybody else of their sick ilk, can learn firsthand exactly how much suffering elevates the human spirit)

Yeah, there is nothing worse in this world than contraception. FUCK THIS! Censored

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
04-05-2017, 11:54 AM
(04-05-2017 11:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 11:25 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sure it will be challenged. That's actually what's so frustrating to me the time, money and energy wasted on something that ends up in the dung heep.

He cushioned it this way:

Quote:The president, surrounded by various faith leaders and Vice President Mike Pence, signed executive orders that would allow the IRS -- when IRS officials choose -- not to enforce the Johnson Amendment, which prohibits nonprofits such as churches and charities from "directly or indirectly" engaging in a political campaign. But the order doesn't provide blanket relief for tax-exempt religious organizations, opening the possibility that the IRS could pick and choose whom to penalize.

Same as with his deportation - all he has to do is give lots of freedoms to enforcement agencies. They will love him and back him when he seizes control of the country. And he gets to enforce shit he promised.

His base is mostly thrilled with him. (Which is kinda scary to me)

By the time they wake up and realize how bad many things will become, it's going to be too late to fix anything.

He wants the charities and churches to have political power because he's going to force them to take over for all services the fed will refuse to offer.

This will be bad on many levels...I think if churches can decide who gets help...

Will people actually return to churches..not because they believe but because they're forced to for help. I can see a weird future where people become even more divided. That's never a good thing for society.

It's the old idea of 'you take their money, you take their shit.'

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-05-2017, 12:01 PM
(04-05-2017 11:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 11:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  He cushioned it this way:

Same as with his deportation - all he has to do is give lots of freedoms to enforcement agencies. They will love him and back him when he seizes control of the country. And he gets to enforce shit he promised.

His base is mostly thrilled with him. (Which is kinda scary to me)

By the time they wake up and realize how bad many things will become, it's going to be too late to fix anything.

He wants the charities and churches to have political power because he's going to force them to take over for all services the fed will refuse to offer.

This will be bad on many levels...I think if churches can decide who gets help...

Will people actually return to churches..not because they believe but because they're forced to for help. I can see a weird future where people become even more divided. That's never a good thing for society.

It's the old idea of 'you take their money, you take their shit.'

Yes, and he also sees himself as a cult leader, refers to his base as "the movement". Religious believers are already prepped to join his base and get carried away by rallies....

Also, very worrisome are his recent thoughts regarding civil war - people took it as an insult to blacks, but really he was asking how it could have been prevented - he sees it in his future. And Bannon may look quiet to us now, but nothing has changed and the Bannon ideas are continuing to be implemented. Plus, the FBI said yesterday the Russian meddling is ongoing....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
04-05-2017, 01:20 PM
So...who is the Satanic Temple formally endorsing, since they can do that now if it's open to all religious institutions?

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-05-2017, 01:24 PM
I can't quite get myself behind the satanic temple. I'd be ok with the big noodle in the sky though.

That said, atheists are going to be at a distinct disadvantage because we can't call ourselves a religion. If we could, the sheer number of closeted folks, together with the open ones, would actually be a force to behold.

This needs some work...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
04-05-2017, 01:53 PM
(04-05-2017 01:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  I can't quite get myself behind the satanic temple. I'd be ok with the big noodle in the sky though.

That said, atheists are going to be at a distinct disadvantage because we can't call ourselves a religion. If we could, the sheer number of closeted folks, together with the open ones, would actually be a force to behold.

This needs some work...

Consider
Hmm ... yes, it does.

Can I just go with the Cult of Me™ and get a $10 tax deduction as compensation for enduring religious drivel everwhere I go? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
04-05-2017, 02:10 PM
(04-05-2017 01:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So...who is the Satanic Temple formally endorsing, since they can do that now if it's open to all religious institutions?

Silly Shai! It's only "real" religions that will get the freedom. Real religions = Christianity and certain branches of Judaism. All other religions are fake.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
04-05-2017, 02:22 PM
(04-05-2017 02:10 PM)julep Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 01:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So...who is the Satanic Temple formally endorsing, since they can do that now if it's open to all religious institutions?

Silly Shai! It's only "real" religions that will get the freedom. Real religions = Christianity and certain branches of Judaism. All other religions are fake.

And definitely not those Mormons, right? They're "Fake Christians" and anyone who says otherwise is "Fake News". Angel

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-05-2017, 04:51 PM
I find it hilarious that anyone actually thinks Trump is a Christian. He's only doing this because he knows how easy it is to manipulate his ardent voter base. He'll throw them a bone while he's busy offering free blowjobs to his friends over at the fossil fuel companies and mega banks.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post