Religious liberty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: Religious liberty
(04-05-2017 11:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:The president, surrounded by various faith leaders and Vice President Mike Pence, signed executive orders that would allow the IRS -- when IRS officials choose -- not to enforce the Johnson Amendment, which prohibits nonprofits such as churches and charities from "directly or indirectly" engaging in a political campaign. But the order doesn't provide blanket relief for tax-exempt religious organizations, opening the possibility that the IRS could pick and choose whom to penalize.

Same as with his deportation - all he has to do is give lots of freedoms to enforcement agencies. They will love him and back him when he seizes control of the country. And he gets to enforce shit he promised.

It's explicit that they can choose? I guess his political enemies will find themselves being investigated to fuck, while those who cosy up to him will be laughing all the way to the bank. He's creating a patronage system all of his very own.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-05-2017, 10:25 PM
(05-05-2017 04:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 11:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  Same as with his deportation - all he has to do is give lots of freedoms to enforcement agencies. They will love him and back him when he seizes control of the country. And he gets to enforce shit he promised.

It's explicit that they can choose? I guess his political enemies will find themselves being investigated to fuck, while those who cosy up to him will be laughing all the way to the bank. He's creating a patronage system all of his very own.

I'm on my phone or I'd post the clip of Geoffrey Rush as Walsingham in the movie Elizabeth torturing Daniel Craig's character. It'd be perfect for this thread. Anyone help me out?

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
07-05-2017, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 06:43 AM by Rockblossom.)
Aaaaand ... decisions have consequences.

A small Minnesota town is about to get the nation’s first public Satanic Temple monument

TLDR: Veterans Memorial Park in Belle Plaine, Minnesota wants monuments to veterans, but mindful of the church/state separation issue, opened it to all groups/religions. And the Satanists got approval to put up a monument. Yes

[Image: tumblr_ophmgzbodN1r83d7lo1_1280.jpg]

Greaves said that his organization is now considering applying for the same tax-exempt status that churches and synagogues enjoy. It previously avoided doing so to freely engage in politics. But with Trump’s executive order, he said, “there’s absolutely no advantage to not be tax-exempt. A lot more organizations should apply and put it to the test.”

He said that his organization does not worship the devil. Rather, he said, it is a “nontheistic religious organization” devoted to art, free speech and individuality, whose values “are no less deeply held” than those professing a belief in God.
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
07-05-2017, 06:51 AM
(04-05-2017 04:51 PM)cactus Wrote:  I find it hilarious that anyone actually thinks Trump is a Christian. He's only doing this because he knows how easy it is to manipulate his ardent voter base. He'll throw them a bone while he's busy offering free blowjobs to his friends over at the fossil fuel companies and mega banks.

Pence is pulling the strings on this one I reckon.