Religious man is crushed by giant crucifix, has leg amputated.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Religious man is crushed by giant crucifix, has leg amputated.
"A deeply religious man in upstate New York who believes a church's giant crucifix cured his wife of cancer had his own leg amputated after the same crucifix collapsed on top of him."

I love news reports like this.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/yor...00439.html

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
05-11-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: Religious man is crushed by giant crucifix, has leg amputated.
(05-11-2012 04:41 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  "A deeply religious man in upstate New York who believes a church's giant crucifix cured his wife of cancer had his own leg amputated after the same crucifix collapsed on top of him."

I love news reports like this.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/yor...00439.html
I don't! I get no joy in any assumedly decent person getting their leg crushed.
06-11-2012, 04:34 PM
The irony makes me laugh Big Grin
06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
What I find funny.. to the ironic situation.. is now that he lost his leg..
NO amount of prayers, or holy water or anything is going to give this man's leg back.
God doesn't heal amputees.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
06-11-2012, 05:51 PM
The rest of the article is far more interesting. He's suing the church for 3 million. So, the crucifix cures your wife of cancer, it's god's will, but if it falls over on you, it's negligence. If he wins the suit, does that mean the thing falling on him is also god's will? Maybe him losing his leg was just a vehicle for god to demonstrate his overly complex, Rube Goldberg-esque plan for getting this guy some dough (though at the expense of one of his churches).
[+] 3 users Like thirdangletheory's post
06-11-2012, 06:02 PM
There is some kind of argument in here that it makes no sense to credit god for the cancer cure but to blame the hospital for the leg crushing.

On a side note, B. C., you missed the boat: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...g+crucifix.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
06-11-2012, 08:53 PM
(06-11-2012 06:02 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  There is some kind of argument in here that it makes no sense to credit god for the cancer cure but to blame the hospital for the leg crushing.

On a side note, B. C., you missed the boat: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...g+crucifix.

I get my news from Yahoo. They're a little behind on news stories, due to in-depth coverage of the Kardashians.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
07-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Religion crushes his leg, science keeps him alive.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
08-11-2012, 05:47 PM
(07-11-2012 10:57 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Religion crushes his leg, science keeps him alive.
Nope it was jesus that kept him alive and gave him the strength to go on without his leg.
Somehow he had nothing to do with the accident though...or if he did it was for some mystical purpose that can't be explained.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo666's post
15-11-2012, 08:38 AM
(06-11-2012 08:53 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I get my news from Yahoo. They're a little behind on news stories, due to in-depth coverage of the Kardashians.

Who's boobjobs need to be observed and analyzed religiously, of course. Big Grin