Religious narcissism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Religious narcissism
Believers did it again.
I talked to a girl(religious women often tend to say more evil things then men do which seems kind of obscure since women should be more kind) and her solution to the problem of evil was that evil is necessary for us to appreciate and enjoy good.
If there was no evil then good wouldn't be good and we wouldn't be happy.
So basically she wants OTHERS to die from starvation, commit suicides and get sick with aids and cancers so she can enjoy life more.
Way to go girl!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: Religious narcissism
Quote:religious women often tend to say more evil things then men do which seems kind of obscure since women should be more kind

What do you mean by "women should be more kind"?

Quote:So basically she wants OTHERS to die from starvation, commit suicides and get sick with aids and cancers so she can enjoy life more.

How in the world did you come to that conclusion? That's not what she said at all! She said that if there wasn't evil, good would be unrecognizable. That does not translate into: I feel good when bad things happen to others.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
23-02-2014, 11:48 PM
(23-02-2014 11:36 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Believers did it again.
I talked to a girl(religious women often tend to say more evil things then men do which seems kind of obscure since women should be more kind) and her solution to the problem of evil was that evil is necessary for us to appreciate and enjoy good.
If there was no evil then good wouldn't be good and we wouldn't be happy.
So basically she wants OTHERS to die from starvation, commit suicides and get sick with aids and cancers so she can enjoy life more.
Way to go girl!

Then how about this..

You have been shielded from true evil, and what you identify as evil really isn't. It is just the worst things we can collectively experience. And as a soceity of cry babies and weak minded complainers we simply herald the worst of the worst as evil.. Even if your short list was taken away, you would still find something to take its place. Say all sin was removed except white lies and gossip. Then gossip would be the new evil and those who want to ride their moral high horses will ride out against this new evil, the likes of which the world has never seen! Oh the humanity! How could a good god be so wreckless oh how could he....

Please stop being a douche bag.Laughat

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
[+] 2 users Like Drich's post
23-02-2014, 11:50 PM
(23-02-2014 11:46 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
Quote:religious women often tend to say more evil things then men do which seems kind of obscure since women should be more kind

What do you mean by "women should be more kind"?

Quote:So basically she wants OTHERS to die from starvation, commit suicides and get sick with aids and cancers so she can enjoy life more.

How in the world did you come to that conclusion? That's not what she said at all! She said that if there wasn't evil, good would be unrecognizable. That does not translate into: I feel good when bad things happen to others.

She prefers world with aids, starvations and cancers to the one without these things. And if so why the fuck do we bother finding cures for that shit. If you want to defend this cruelty you can do it but stop fucking twisting what is actually being said. Makes you look like a theist apologist.
23-02-2014, 11:53 PM
(23-02-2014 11:50 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 11:46 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  What do you mean by "women should be more kind"?

She prefers world with aids, starvations and cancers to the ones without it. If you want to defend this cruelty you can do it but stop fucking twisting what is actually being said.

I'm not defending atrocities, I just don't see how you could draw a conclusion on her position with the statement given. Unless, of course, she said something more.

23-02-2014, 11:54 PM
(23-02-2014 11:53 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 11:50 PM)donotwant Wrote:  She prefers world with aids, starvations and cancers to the ones without it. If you want to defend this cruelty you can do it but stop fucking twisting what is actually being said.

I'm not defending atrocities, I just don't see how you could draw a conclusion on her position with the statement given. Unless, of course, she said something more.

She said evil is NECESSARY for us to appreciate good and be happy. And if she would choose between god removing these diseases forever OR keep doing nothing she would choose the second option. And she says the world is better WITH evil in it then without. Does that sound clear enough?
23-02-2014, 11:59 PM
(23-02-2014 11:54 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 11:53 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I'm not defending atrocities, I just don't see how you could draw a conclusion on her position with the statement given. Unless, of course, she said something more.

She said evil is NECESSARY for us to appreciate good and be happy. And if she would choose between god removing these diseases forever OR keep doing nothing she would choose the second option. And she says the world is better WITH evil in it then without. Does that sound clear enough?

It's clearer, but it's not what was in the original post. All she did was try to give a reason that evil exists. She did just that, and I only think that it is a valid point to a certain extent. I don't recall the part where she said that the world is better with evil, though.

24-02-2014, 12:00 AM
(23-02-2014 11:59 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 11:54 PM)donotwant Wrote:  She said evil is NECESSARY for us to appreciate good and be happy. And if she would choose between god removing these diseases forever OR keep doing nothing she would choose the second option. And she says the world is better WITH evil in it then without. Does that sound clear enough?

It's clearer, but it's not what was in the original post. All she did was try to give a reason that evil exists. She did just that, and I only think that it is a valid point to a certain extent. I don't recall the part where she said that the world is better with evil, though.
In the first posts it says that she said evil is necessary.
24-02-2014, 12:04 AM
(24-02-2014 12:00 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 11:59 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  It's clearer, but it's not what was in the original post. All she did was try to give a reason that evil exists. She did just that, and I only think that it is a valid point to a certain extent. I don't recall the part where she said that the world is better with evil, though.
In the first posts it says that she said evil is necessary.

Quote:
Quote:her solution to the problem of evil was that evil is necessary for us to appreciate and enjoy good.

She didn't say that the world is better with evil, she said that evil is necessary. Just because something is necessary doesn't make it a good thing. I refer you to the appropriate piece of figurative language: 'A necessary evil'.

24-02-2014, 12:05 AM
(23-02-2014 11:36 PM)donotwant Wrote:  religious women often tend to say more evil things then men do which seems kind of obscure since women should be more kind

Rolleyes

What religion was this woman, DoNotWant?