Religious nuts on the rise - Law and Justice leads in parliamentary poll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 03:48 AM
Religious nuts on the rise - Law and Justice leads in parliamentary poll
Polish Law and Justice political party leads in parliamentary poll.

It is conglomerate of populists and religious nuts to whose words of clergy are more important than what people want. Sadly in this they aren't much different from other political parties in Poland.

Leader of said party consider homosexualism to be dangerous to civlization; party created Parliamentary Group for Prevention of Atheisation in country where up to 95% consider themselves Catholics and atheism is shunned; leader of said party Jarosław Kaczyński believes plane crash in Smolensk to be result of assasination.

So, considering this I think that dark times awaits Poland if L&J win upcoming parliamentary elections.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2015, 04:02 AM
RE: Religious nuts on the rise - Law and Justice leads in parliamentary poll
Shoulda stuck with the Germans... you'd be secular by now.

You only have yourself to blame.

Drinking Beverage

More seriously: What's the opposition like? Is there any opposition? I mean unofficial stuff ... the young, internet-aware generations ... satirical magazines / websites ... that kinda stuff.

23-05-2015, 04:28 AM
(23-05-2015 04:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Shoulda stuck with the Germans... you'd be secular by now.

You only have yourself to blame.

Drinking Beverage

More seriously: What's the opposition like? Is there any opposition? I mean unofficial stuff ... the young, internet-aware generations ... satirical magazines / websites ... that kinda stuff.

We would been dead, though dead people certainly aren't religious so in a way you're right Wink And yes we only have ourselves to blame, that is sad truth.

There is opposition but despite what foreign media sometime says it's more of the same but with prettier face. Minister of justice who heard voices of frozen embryos was from rulling party, one of prominent party member said Polish children are not hungry because they don't eat sorel from embankments. They - Civic Platform - suck up to clergy almost as much as L&J though somewhat more subtle.

As for young generation - youth want to vote on L&J, Civic Platform or Korwin-Mikke famous for:
http://www.thenews.pl/1/9/Artykul/176101...EP-in-face
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...idate.html

About humor it is, but satire often have nationalist theme in it, i.e. president Komorowski is called Komoruski cause his supposed sympathy to Russia (Ruski is term with negative connotation and also historic term). And it is mild, polish politicians are accused of helping in assasinate polish president Rolleyes of wanting to commit some kind of genocide (abortion issue) and basically whatever one could think of. What in normal country would be black (blackest and idiotic?) humor in Poland is reality.

So in short there is not much hope for Poland. Despite what foreign media sometime says, living here is kinda joyless and economy is shit,

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-05-2015, 04:45 AM
Consider

And you're still there because ... ?

23-05-2015, 05:00 AM
(23-05-2015 04:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Consider

And you're still there because ... ?

Cause I'm on my way to get master degree in history and I'm almost certain that I will be doing doctoral studies.

Also when one get the job in administration then one could stop worry about being fired.

Mikhail Bakunin.