Religious objections to IVF

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2014, 09:06 AM
RE: Religious objections to IVF
It's because you're using science instead of Jesus to get pregnant. You're also contradicting God's "plan" for your uterus, you are not allowed to make a plan for your own uterus because God knows better than you what should be done with it. So not only are you not doing it the way God told you to; you're also partaking of the fruit of knowledge in order to make your little atheist baby. I say good for you! Congrats!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Boston's post
02-12-2014, 09:07 AM
I wouldnt even bother arguing with the cunts who oppose it and feel entitled to critizise your wish for a child.

Fuck them and their miserable rotten lives!

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your life as a parent and I wish you all the best.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
02-12-2014, 09:50 AM
(02-12-2014 06:34 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  1) IVF babies are denied the dignity of being conceived through sexual congress.
2) IVF babies have more genetic problems
3) there is no "reciprocal love" between a man and a woman through this sexless act
4) some IVF procedures don't work
5) some embryos are destroyed or fail to make it
First, congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm glad IVF worked for you! Thumbsup

Regarding the 5 objections:

1) From the religious perspective, they should be complaining to their god for denying them this. There are reasons people turn to IVF... From the secular perspective, what indignity is there in IVF or dignity in sex? If a baby is conceived, that's all that matters.

2) That's complete bullshit. There is no difference in health between babies conceived normally vs. by IVF.

3) My wife and I also tried IVF. (It didn't work for us and we adopted in the end - and no regrets - babies are beautiful no matter how they arrive.) I agree with you - if anything, there is more love involved in these procedures than with sex because there is emotionally and physically so much you have to go through together. It can take months or years during which it's a constant emotional roller coaster, continued mutual support, and huge sacrifices for the common goal. None if it is about sexual pleasure. It's all about love and the desire to have a child together.

4) So what? So many attempts at pregnancy via regular sex fail too.

5) Yeah, and miscarriages never happen with natural pregnancy either. /sarcasm. Embryos are not babies. The argument is stupid.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
02-12-2014, 10:04 AM
First of all congratulations. We have a 4 year old daughter conceived through IVF. We tried with the left over embryos to give her a sibling, but that didn't work and have gone through a second round of IVF and after one miscarriage and several more tries are finally expecting a second daughter in February. We are fortunate in that we have not encountered anyone who has at least to our faces voiced objections to creating a family through IVF, but even if we had, it is totally none of their business. You are absolutely correct in all your observations about their ridiculous objections. Stick to your guns. It is all worth it and more.
[+] 2 users Like Iñigo's post
02-12-2014, 10:06 AM
(02-12-2014 10:04 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  First of all congratulations. We have a 4 year old daughter conceived through IVF. We tried with the left over embryos to give her a sibling, but that didn't work and have gone through a second round of IVF and after one miscarriage and several more tries are finally expecting a second daughter in February. We are fortunate in that we have not encountered anyone who has at least to our faces voiced objections to creating a family through IVF, but even if we had, it is totally none of their business. You are absolutely correct in all your observations about their ridiculous objections. Stick to your guns. It is all worth it and more.

Congratulations to you as well.

We are going to need that parenting section of TTA soon!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
02-12-2014, 12:18 PM
I think the proper response to any religious people objecting to IVF is to ask them why God's such a massive jackass she decided to prevent you from naturally having kids despite you wanting them.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
02-12-2014, 12:58 PM
(02-12-2014 12:18 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I think the proper response to any religious people objecting to IVF is to ask them why God's such a massive jackass she decided to prevent you from naturally having kids despite you wanting them.

Good point.

God: "Be fruitful and multiply... even though I didn't give you the means. And don't try finding another means because that would be sinful. Just be fruitful and multiply."

Huh

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
02-12-2014, 01:05 PM
I find the religious objection to IV as silly as the one to BC. My wife had and kind of still does have issues with me getting snipped.
02-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Instead of giving you a bunch of idiot objections for using IVF they should have said just one word..."Congratulations!"

Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-12-2014, 02:31 PM
(02-12-2014 01:05 PM)wazzel Wrote:  I find the religious objection to IV as silly as the one to BC. My wife had and kind of still does have issues with me getting snipped.

Buoyancy Compensator?
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post