Religious one liners counter arguements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2011, 01:09 PM

RE: Religious one liners counter arguements
(26-04-2011 01:50 AM)Snuff Wrote:  
Quote:"Jesus paid for our past sins, not for ones we had yet to commit."

Actually that's wrong if your a divine Christian, because my step father is a pastor and when I had to go to church this past Sunday with my girlfriend he said that Jesus was paying for past, present and future sins. He said back then before Jesus was crucified it was like credit and then he paid the credit off and today you have a debit card for sins it's instantly paid for... Although I don't believe in any of it... it makes more sense because otherwise "your Jesus died for nothing" XD

Christian God created everything!
Me - Then why did he make me an Atheist? (haha just a joke)

Me So you believe in God but don't believe in the possibility of aliens?
Christian I've never seen aliens so they don't exist - I've heard this so many times by the way ROFL

Christian It's in the Bible so it's true
Me It's a book written by men, just like comic books and fiction books... you do know the Bible isn't in the Non-Fiction section but the Biblical section of a book store?

Christian Then where do we go when we die?
Me A lot people go to the hospital first and then the morgue... after that it depends on if your going to be cremated, buried in a casket or whatever you decide.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's a horrible way of explaining Jesus' death. That's pretty much saying you can do whatever the hell you want because Christs death has made it so you can't sin.
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Christian: That is why it is called faith.
Atheist: That is what is called the blind leading the blind and taking their money.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2011, 11:27 AM
(26-04-2011 01:09 PM)Cdf50 Wrote:  
(26-04-2011 01:50 AM)Snuff Wrote:  
Quote:"Jesus paid for our past sins, not for ones we had yet to commit."

Actually that's wrong if your a divine Christian, because my step father is a pastor and when I had to go to church this past Sunday with my girlfriend he said that Jesus was paying for past, present and future sins. He said back then before Jesus was crucified it was like credit and then he paid the credit off and today you have a debit card for sins it's instantly paid for... Although I don't believe in any of it... it makes more sense because otherwise "your Jesus died for nothing" XD

Christian God created everything!
Me - Then why did he make me an Atheist? (haha just a joke)

Me So you believe in God but don't believe in the possibility of aliens?
Christian I've never seen aliens so they don't exist - I've heard this so many times by the way ROFL

Christian It's in the Bible so it's true
Me It's a book written by men, just like comic books and fiction books... you do know the Bible isn't in the Non-Fiction section but the Biblical section of a book store?

Christian Then where do we go when we die?
Me A lot people go to the hospital first and then the morgue... after that it depends on if your going to be cremated, buried in a casket or whatever you decide.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That's a horrible way of explaining Jesus' death. That's pretty much saying you can do whatever the hell you want because Christs death has made it so you can't sin.

In their eyes everyone sins no matter what but all you have to do is ask for forgiveness even if you murder someone... doesn't really make sense to me but that's how they portray it.
27-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Jesus saves...
[Image: 26020-usb_stick.jpg]
...right before every major update

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
27-04-2011, 03:45 PM

Christian: "The Bible is accurate and is still relevant in today's modern society."

"And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."
Isaiah 34:7 - King James Version
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Not really a counter argument but did make me laugh;

Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
29-04-2011, 09:48 PM
If Jesus being dead for three days could pay for the entire sins of all humanity then how is it possible that just my sins alone would require me to pay for all eternity?

So when we die, can we say, "I'll take the 3 day plan?"

Wouldn't the fact that I can forgive without requiring a blood sacrifice make my morality superior to Gods?

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-04-2011, 04:16 AM
Christian: "Millions of people can't be wrong!" (Referring to belief in the Bible)
Me: Oh yes they can! Millions of people once believed the Earth was flat.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin