Religious people, why do they come here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2014, 09:31 AM
RE: Religious people, why do they come here?
(01-07-2014 01:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-06-2014 10:35 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ...
but I grew up

Debatable Drinking Beverage

Pics or it didn't happen Tongue

Oh, aren't you precious, you whiny bitch.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Perhaps they got on the wrong bus? Consider

[Image: qyfvx3.jpg]

They need to be handed this sign though upon entering the forums

[Image: 4tlfrd.jpg]

hehe Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
01-07-2014, 10:46 AM
No, they come here to convince us not to 'be rebellious'. See this link to explain why we are atheist.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/index....ads/39114/

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2014, 11:18 AM
(01-07-2014 10:46 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  No, they come here to convince us not to 'be rebellious'. See this link to explain why we are atheist.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/index....ads/39114/

Interesting.

Good to see the OP, PeaceLikeaRiver, defending their stance.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Re: RE: Religious people, why do they come here?
I was more amazed at some of the replies.

' Wrote:This is obviously false, but understand that the atheist has a lot of emotional baggage riding on maintaining his illusion of personal independence and mastery of his own life and environment. He will happily lie to himself all day long rather than be forced to consider ideas that shake his world up too much.

' Wrote:Exactly. God says that there is no excuse to not know God, as He is evident. The person who states that they believe there is no God is simply in rebellion.

' Wrote:I was an atheist at one point and it is pure rebellion and nothing else. It is obvious God exists, and once they stop rebelling God will reveal himself to them as they search for the truth (that is, if they care enough to search for the truth). That's how it went for me at least.

So, can we assume that the reason they come here is to help us "search for the truth". The arrogance of a theist truly knows no bounds and I wouldn't believe a word that comes from their mouths. Why should I trust someone who is capable of deceiving themselves into believing BS?

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TubbyTubby's post
02-07-2014, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 10:08 AM by kingschosen.)
(30-06-2014 09:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Jesus Fucking Christ on a stick, are you still going on about this bullshit? Don't you have a fucking LIFE????

Strawman / ad hom Drinking Beverage

Quote:My pointing out to to you that your whining and crying about my acting within Teh Rulez of this forum isn't a strawman at all, and here you are again, demonstrating conclusively that you don't know what the fuck a strawman is.

lol, it's funny when someone points out your behavior and you retaliate by calling it "whining and crying" yet you "whine and cry" about theists.

Also, it has nothing to do with "Teh Rulez". I am pointing out that you are acting the same way as trolls act. You addressing "Teh Rulez" is a complete strawman - a smokescreen - to detract from your trollish behavior.

Mayhaps you need to brush up on your fallacies (as previously stated).

Quote:Did you miss the part about I don't fucking answer to you? And what is the point of hiding this in a spoiler, exactly? Cowardice?

Exactly. So, why do you demand and berate theists to answer your questions? The only difference between them and you is which side of the fence you're playing on.

Spoilers as cowardice? Wow, didn't know it was that complicated for you to click a button. I use it to reveal after thoughts that I didn't want to reveal immediately as they may influence the initial response.

Quote:Hysterical hyperbole much?

...and your entire state of being is hyperbolic. The way you act is so extreme that it's hard to accept that you've made it through life with that type of persona.

Quote:I thought your Holey Babble had harsh things to say about lying. Perhaps you should look it up. Or are you going to claim that you were predestined to lie your fucking ass off today?

Called it.

Quote:Wishful thinking at best. Again, you don't do your job, you let obvious trolls run roughshod over this forum, and then you whine when people have something to say about it and something to say to them.

If not doing my job is not banning people because they have a differing opinion, then yes, I'm not doing my job. The fact is I don't ban people who haven't broken the rules. It's not against the rules to be a troll or be a dick. Like I said earlier... if it was, you would have a strikethrough on your name.

Quote:You know what -- FUCK you. Rule 5 is specifically there to take out trolls. You ADMIT that these shitheads are trolling this forum, and you whine when I respond where you don't have the fucking balls to. And in at least one case, where you think it's just peachy to have trolls disrupting the forum here.

See above. And Rule 5 isn't for "banning trolls".

Quote:Contrary to the TRUE fucking strawman that you are pandering, I don't jump on anyone over having a differing point of view. You can stuff that lie right up your ass and set it on fire.

lol okay. That's has been your calling card since day 1. Stay delusional.

Quote:That isn't even a coherent assertion. You are so wrapped up in your bullshit story line, you can't even make sense.

Strange. People seem to agree with me. So, apparently I am coherent. Maybe it's you.

Quote:Not even close.

Nope. I am.

Quote:FUCK you again -- I'm not playing your fucking bullshit game, it's as simple as that.

I love hypocrisy here. You demand that theists and trolls answer you when you ask them questions and if they don't, you go ballistic on them.

Quote:Not in the least. I don't fucking answer to you.

Right. You dodged them. At least you admit it.

Quote:....you mean a predeterminist Calvinist, I am sure. You wanna play that shit? I've left you alone with your superstitious bullshit. Others haven't.

Called it again.

Quote:16 “Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Your Neighbor." Sound even vaguely familiar? Hobo

3 times.

Quote:Yet another bald-faced lie.

Insults and vitriol aren't productive in any situation.

Quote:Retaliate? Not at all.

Nope. Did it three times. Use my Christianity as a strawman. It had absolutely nothing to do with the situation at hand. You just wanted to pull something out of the air to make it look like you could defend your obvious hypocritical point of view.

Quote:And, back to my question about the point of using spoilers, I see now by the way you made the font "transparent" that it IS cowardice.

I see that you don't understand literary devices either. That's called irony.

Quote:Nope.

Too late. Already did.

Quote:You can fuck your "questions". "Points", well you haven't made any. All you've asserted is hysterical hyperbole, gross exaggerations, and outright lies. Well done, you and Jeremy are two peas in a fucking pod.

My questions were very concise and to the point. You were unable to answer them because you are no different from those that you attack.

Quote:Again I ask -- don't you have anything better to do?

Yet... you are responding to me point by point and regularly respond to people on the forum.

Are you really THAT blind to your own hypocrisy?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
02-07-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 01:21 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
Oh, look -- KC is STILL mad. Rolleyes

(02-07-2014 09:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-06-2014 09:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Jesus Fucking Christ on a stick, are you still going on about this bullshit? Don't you have a fucking LIFE????

Strawman / ad hom Drinking Beverage

Once again demonstrating that you don't know what either is.

Quote:
Quote:My pointing out to to you that your whining and crying about my acting within Teh Rulez of this forum isn't a strawman at all, and here you are again, demonstrating conclusively that you don't know what the fuck a strawman is.

lol, it's funny when someone points out your behavior and you retaliate by calling it "whining and crying" yet you "whine and cry" about theists.

Wishful thinking.

Quote:Also, it has nothing to do with "Teh Rulez".

It has everything to do with Teh Rulez.

Quote: I am pointing out that you are acting the same way as trolls act.

You seem to be acutely unaware that this is an atheist forum and not an xtard forum.

Quote: You addressing "Teh Rulez" is a complete strawman - a smokescreen

Again demonstrating that you don't know what the fuck a strawman is.

Quote: - to detract from your trollish behavior.

You can cry and whine all you want about my behavior, that doesn't make it trolling and it doesn't make you any less full of shit.

Quote:Mayhaps you need to brush up on your fallacies (as previously stated).

Oh, the Irony.

Quote:
Quote:Did you miss the part about I don't fucking answer to you? And what is the point of hiding this in a spoiler, exactly? Cowardice?

Exactly. So, why do you demand and berate theists to answer your questions? The only difference between them and you is which side of the fence you're playing on.

I love it when you make shit up and then run with it as if were true. It clearly illustrates your delusion.

Quote:Spoilers as cowardice? Wow, didn't know it was that complicated for you to click a button. I use it to reveal after thoughts that I didn't want to reveal immediately as they may influence the initial response.

Yeah cowardice.

Quote:
Quote:Hysterical hyperbole much?

...and your entire state of being is hyperbolic. The way you act is so extreme that it's hard to accept that you've made it through life with that type of persona.

You make shit up and assert it as if were true. That's called lying. Your fairy tale book takes a dim view of that.

Quote:
Quote:I thought your Holey Babble had harsh things to say about lying. Perhaps you should look it up. Or are you going to claim that you were predestined to lie your fucking ass off today?

Called it.

You fail to address the point of your lying. Again.

Quote:
Quote:Wishful thinking at best. Again, you don't do your job, you let obvious trolls run roughshod over this forum, and then you whine when people have something to say about it and something to say to them.

If not doing my job is not banning people because they have a differing opinion, then yes, I'm not doing my job.

Oh, look -- a REAL strawman! NO ONE has suggested banning anyone for having a different opinion.

Quote: The fact is I don't ban people who haven't broken the rules. It's not against the rules to be a troll or be a dick. Like I said earlier... if it was, you would have a strikethrough on your name.

And as one example, MANY members have specifically pointed out Jeremy's constant and blatant violations of Rule 5 and you have done precisely nothing.

Quote:
Quote:You know what -- FUCK you. Rule 5 is specifically there to take out trolls. You ADMIT that these shitheads are trolling this forum, and you whine when I respond where you don't have the fucking balls to. And in at least one case, where you think it's just peachy to have trolls disrupting the forum here.

See above. And Rule 5 isn't for "banning trolls".

I didn't say "banning".

Quote:
Quote:Contrary to the TRUE fucking strawman that you are pandering, I don't jump on anyone over having a differing point of view. You can stuff that lie right up your ass and set it on fire.

lol okay. That's has been your calling card since day 1. Stay delusional.

That's been YOUR STRAWMAN version of me from Day 1. Stay delusional.

Quote:
Quote:That isn't even a coherent assertion. You are so wrapped up in your bullshit story line, you can't even make sense.

Strange. People seem to agree with me. So, apparently I am coherent. Maybe it's you.

SOME might agree with you.

Quote:
Quote:Not even close.

Nope. I am.

Not when you make shit up as you go along, which is what you're doing, and which is what pathological liars do.

Quote:
Quote:FUCK you again -- I'm not playing your fucking bullshit game, it's as simple as that.

I love hypocrisy here. You demand that theists and trolls answer you when you ask them questions and if they don't, you go ballistic on them.

Path-o-li-gi-cal. Li-ar.

Quote:
Quote:Not in the least. I don't fucking answer to you.

Right. You dodged them. At least you admit it.

Refusing to play your bullshit game isn't dodging. It's telling you up from that I'm not playing your game and I don't answer to you.

Quote:
Quote:....you mean a predeterminist Calvinist, I am sure. You wanna play that shit? I've left you alone with your superstitious bullshit. Others haven't.

Called it again.

Your delusion is relevant.

Quote:
Quote:16 “Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Your Neighbor." Sound even vaguely familiar? Hobo

3 times.

I see the truth hurts.

Quote:
Quote:Yet another bald-faced lie.

Insults and vitriol aren't productive in any situation.

Bald-faced lies aren't productive in any situation.

Quote:
Quote:Retaliate? Not at all.

Nope. Did it three times. Use my Christianity as a strawman.

ONCE AGAIN demonstrating that you don't know what the fuck a strawman is.

Quote: It had absolutely nothing to do with the situation at hand.

It certainly does when you make up lies and pander them in this discussion.

Quote:You just wanted to pull something out of the air to make it look like you could defend your obvious hypocritical point of view.

Gee, where did you acquire the magick power of reading minds? Is this Black Magick?

Quote:
Quote:And, back to my question about the point of using spoilers, I see now by the way you made the font "transparent" that it IS cowardice.

I see that you don't understand literary devices either. That's called irony.

It's called cowardice.

Quote:
Quote:[quote]Nope.

Too late. Already did.

As you can plainly see, I didn't say a fucking thing about your intelligence. Your silly book has much to say about lying.

Quote:
Quote:You can fuck your "questions". "Points", well you haven't made any. All you've asserted is hysterical hyperbole, gross exaggerations, and outright lies. Well done, you and Jeremy are two peas in a fucking pod.

My questions were very concise and to the point. You were unable to answer them because you are no different from those that you attack.

Aaaaaaaand there you go flailing away at your strawman again.

Quote:
Quote:Again I ask -- don't you have anything better to do?

Yet... you are responding to me point by point and regularly respond to people on the forum.

So what. I respond to what people actually say and do, whereas you are flailing away at some delusional strawman bullshit you made up.

Quote:Are you really THAT blind to your own hypocrisy?

Are you really THAT blind to your pathological lying?

02-07-2014, 05:42 PM
(24-06-2014 03:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  We keep getting religious folk here. Some come and stay a long time, some drive by and leave a note.

Some are good to talk to - these usually leave after a bit, I think because they get overwhelmed by all the people addressing them, looking for a real conversation with a theist.

Some come here and get yelled at for months because they are condescending and full of hatred.

So what are they getting out of it?

Maybe some of them want to be apologists and try to sharpen their skills here.

Probably some of them want to convert us and shine in front of their gods.

I would bet some just get off on the adrenalin they get from walking as known theists among a bunch of heathens.

And of course, their gods give them rewards for getting insulted and attacked while they are are doing the honorable thing, spreading the god's name among heathens.

That's what I can come up with.

What do you think?
I am probably what you would be referring to as a religious person although I would flatly deny being religious. Anyway, I would like to respond to your thread which I take to be forthright and honest and deserves the same.

Of course it always is dependent upon how one defines and therefore understands the term God as used in scripture. And this is why for me, I like talking to atheists. Atheists are an antithesis in logical reasoning to a person like myself who knows God and reasons accordingly.

This should not be taken to mean that I am lifted up by talking with people who are morons compared to me. On the contrary, many here are very intelligent and knowledgeable in many things, whereas I am not. No, I marvel that God chooses the lowly things to put to naught the high things of this world.

Apart from that, I think you may be right about the intentions of some of your theist guests. Can't say for sure. But for me, I enjoy discussing God with a passion and the atheist forum is the best place for that.

I don't think anybody really likes me here, nor do I blame them. I am like a fly at their picnic so to speak. I don't mean to be, nor do I enjoy being cast as such. Nonetheless, I respectfully would not patronize you all as I don't believe that would be forthright. Circumstances being what they are, I will simply point out the hypocrisy of your position as respectfully as possible. Simply put, it's what I would have done to me, if I were you.
[+] 1 user Likes childeye's post
02-07-2014, 07:24 PM
(02-07-2014 05:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  Atheists are an antithesis in logical reasoning to a person like myself who knows God and reasons accordingly.

In other words, we use reason and logic (and evidence) whereas you don't.Check.

Quote:This should not be taken to mean that I am lifted up by talking with people who are morons compared to me. On the contrary, many here are very intelligent and knowledgeable in many things, whereas I am not. No, I marvel that God chooses the lowly things to put to naught the high things of this world.

Word. Salad.

Quote:Apart from that, I think you may be right about the intentions of some of your theist guests. Can't say for sure. But for me, I enjoy discussing God with a passion and the atheist forum is the best place for that.

No, it's not.

Quote:I don't think anybody really likes me here, nor do I blame them.

Then go the fuck away.

Quote: I am like a fly at their picnic so to speak.

Then go the fuck away, and take your feces-eating-induced diseases with you as well.

Quote: I don't mean to be, nor do I enjoy being cast as such. Nonetheless, I respectfully would not patronize you all as I don't believe that would be forthright.

Quote: Circumstances being what they are, I will simply point out the hypocrisy of your position as respectfully as possible. Simply put, it's what I would have done to me, if I were you.

Except that you haven't, and you can't, point out any hypocrisy in our position AT ALL, idiot.

02-07-2014, 07:39 PM
(02-07-2014 05:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 03:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  We keep getting religious folk here. Some come and stay a long time, some drive by and leave a note.

Some are good to talk to - these usually leave after a bit, I think because they get overwhelmed by all the people addressing them, looking for a real conversation with a theist.

Some come here and get yelled at for months because they are condescending and full of hatred.

So what are they getting out of it?

Maybe some of them want to be apologists and try to sharpen their skills here.

Probably some of them want to convert us and shine in front of their gods.

I would bet some just get off on the adrenalin they get from walking as known theists among a bunch of heathens.

And of course, their gods give them rewards for getting insulted and attacked while they are are doing the honorable thing, spreading the god's name among heathens.

That's what I can come up with.

What do you think?
I am probably what you would be referring to as a religious person although I would flatly deny being religious. Anyway, I would like to respond to your thread which I take to be forthright and honest and deserves the same.

Of course it always is dependent upon how one defines and therefore understands the term God as used in scripture. And this is why for me, I like talking to atheists. Atheists are an antithesis in logical reasoning to a person like myself who knows God and reasons accordingly.

This should not be taken to mean that I am lifted up by talking with people who are morons compared to me. On the contrary, many here are very intelligent and knowledgeable in many things, whereas I am not. No, I marvel that God chooses the lowly things to put to naught the high things of this world.

Apart from that, I think you may be right about the intentions of some of your theist guests. Can't say for sure. But for me, I enjoy discussing God with a passion and the atheist forum is the best place for that.

I don't think anybody really likes me here, nor do I blame them. I am like a fly at their picnic so to speak. I don't mean to be, nor do I enjoy being cast as such. Nonetheless, I respectfully would not patronize you all as I don't believe that would be forthright. Circumstances being what they are, I will simply point out the hypocrisy of your position as respectfully as possible. Simply put, it's what I would have done to me, if I were you.

Thanks for an honest reply, although I still don't quite understand what would make us preferable conversation partners for you as opposed to a theist message board.

I haven't seen much of your posting, when I look at a thread and it's full of ad hominems I move along. Not saying you issued them, I have no idea who did, probably lots of people here. So I have no actual impression of you as a person.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post