Religious people, why do they come here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Religious people, why do they come here?
(03-07-2014 05:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 03:25 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Your statement is incoherent.
So you don't know what it means? That is rather hard to swallow.
Quote:You're dodging the issue.

Quote:Not in the least.
On the contrary, you are utterly changing the subject.

Not in the least.

Quote:
Quote: The issue is not whether the bible is fantasy.

Quote:That your fairy tale book is fantasy is QUITE relevant.
But this is not the issue.

Yes, it is.

Quote: I'm simply saying that the phrase God is Love was penned before I was born.

That doesn't make a bit of difference. YOU are the one pandering that shit right here, right now.

Quote: And that is because you keep on asserting I made it up. It doesn't matter if the scriptures are real or fantasy.

Your claim that your fairy tale monster is somehow exempt now from responsibility from its purported fairy tale actions by virtue of it supposedly being a fucking EMOTION IS shit you are making up.

Quote:
Quote:I don't claim that "your gawd isn't love", moron. You haven't demonstrated your fairy tale monster to exist at all. NO, you're not going to quibble over what you think your fairy tale monster is LIKE, when you haven't even substantiated with EVIDENCE your claim that it EXISTS AT ALL. No end runs around your burden of proof, asshole.
Uh that makes no sense.

Not to YOUR twisted mind. No surprise here.

Quote: I am claiming that God is Love not what He is like.

I understand your claim. It's incoherent and meaningless word salad.

Quote:That is why I describe Him as empathy.

Still MORE meaningless word salad.

Quote:Moreover, I am claiming that He is everyone's God not just mine since empathy rules as man's moral goodness.

Toss on some garnish.

Quote: Since you have already said you do not deny empathy exists, there is no burden of proof necessary.

You fucking IDIOT, you have a burden to prove that your supposed "deity" is "love", as you claim. Asserting bullshit doesn't make bullshit true. For FUCK'S sake.

Quote: You simply have an aversion for the term God.

You WISH.

Quote:
Quote:Your fairy tale mumbo-jumbo is utterly meaningless to me and to any rational person. You might as well be quoting out of fucking Harry Potter or Grimm's Fairy Tales.
I honestly don't believe you.

You aren't being honest AT ALL, asshole. And I don't give a fuck if you claim you don't believe me. That's only an expression of the depth of your OWN self-delusion.

Quote:You know full well that Love is the greatest of all values.

EXCUSE ME? You are ASSerting MORE word salad, and now claiming that I agree with your word salad? FUCK you.

Quote: It is the measure of morality. You can't be that stupid.

YOU can't be so stupid as to assert that, and to think I would just agree with you.

Are you fucking Jeremy Wanker too?

Quote:
Quote:No anger there, moron. Simply calling you on your bullshit.
To value Love as God is not bullshit.

Sure it is. It's MEANINGLESS and INCOHERENT bullshit.

Quote:
Quote:Not in the least. You fairy tale is meaningless to me.
I've presented you with no fairytale, only facts. You simply claim your absurd misdirections so as to not face those facts.

You quoted your fairytale book. That is PRECISELY presenting fairytales.

Quote:
Quote:I find your fairy tale story to be preposterous.
Okay, show me what fairytale I presented word for word, otherwise if you can't produce it, admit you're a liar.

FUCK YOU, and you presented your "gawdisluv" bullshit straight out of your fucking fairy tale.

Quote:
Quote:No, I won't. You can't show that such a person existed.

I don't care. It has nothing to do with the facts.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the facts, you imbecile. If you don't CARE that you can't show that your mythical fairy tale monster exists, then no one is obliged to take a fucking thing you claim about it seriously.

Quote: It only matters that it is true that a self sacrificing Love is the morality of mankind.

You have merely ASSerted that shit. ASSerting it doesn't make it true.

Quote: While sacrificing others for one's self is immoral. Is that so hard for you to admit?

ADMIT? Fuck you and your bald bullshit assertion. It is IRRELEVANT to your bullshit claim of "gawdisluv".

Quote: even as you claim your hatred for the Old Testament God

AGAIN, asswipe, you can't hate something that doesn't exist.

Quote:
Quote:Hey, you imbecile, it's impossible to hate something you don't believe to exist.
I just said that. Glad you can agree.

And yet you STILL claim that I hate your non-existent mythical gawd-thing. What a fucking idiot.

Quote: is based on something non existent. I just want to know if you recognize Love in the Christ, just as you don't recognize love in the God of the Old Testament.

Your LOADED question is completely incoherent. I do not "recognize love" in your fairy tale characters. They aren't real.

Quote:
Quote:I don't believe or recognize ANY of the bullshit in your fairy tale stories. What the fuck do you think you are doing here?
I'm asking if you trust in Love. I'm not asking if you believe in scripture.

Your question is incoherent and meaningless. Love is an emotion.

Quote:So you would destroy the image of God presented in the Christ?

What the fuck kind of question is that. You have asserted the existence of deities and described them as emotions. I and others have destroyed these assertions many times. Are you a JEW sock puppet?

Quote:
Quote:Do you have some idiot apolotard coaching you, and telling you to say this stupid shit? Because he's making an utter fool of you.

You can't have it both ways, mnoron -- you DENY your OT fairy tale monster -- which according to your shit book is a "SIN" -- and now you claim it and your zombie-boy are one -- which means that you are saying that your jeebus is the same person as the mythical OT mass murderer. You can't have things both ways. But here you are trying, which is plenty reason for any sane person to tell you you are full of shit and to take a fucking hike.
You have a lot of misconceptions all based on your flawed understanding of scripture.

WRONG on both counts, asshole.

Quote:The problem is that every time I try to show you something about that, to address your valid concerns, you claim it is a fairytale and therefore you don't have to listen. That is not reasonable.

Because it IS a fairy tale, and your fairy tale is even worse than the bullshit fairy tale that your iron-age goatfucking heroes invented several thousand years ago.

Quote:
Quote: Why? Are you better than him?

Quote:"Him" doesn't exist.
That doesn't matter.

The FUCK it doesn't.

Quote: I already said he is an image of God.

You asserting some bullshit word salad doesn't fucking make it true, JEREMY.

Quote:Let me put it this way. If Christ was real, would you trust this man?

The character in your fairy tale book, which is supposed to be the same person as the gawd-character in your fairy tale book. FUCK NO.

What a stupid fucking question.

Quote:Why such devotion to cynicism?

No cynicism there. Just calling you on your bullshit and your lies.

Quote:
Quote: Would you despise being served by the Love that is seen in the Christ?

Quote:Your question is utterly meaningless.
You are evading. What are you afraid of?

No, shitstain, I'm afraid of NOTHING, especially a twat like you, and I am not evading ANYTHING. YOU on the other hand are trying to evade youru burden of proof that your fairy tale monster even exists, AND that it somehow equates to a fucking EMOTION.

Quote:
Quote: You have not pointed out the folly of the scriptural definition of God as Love.

Quote:Yes, I did, asshole. I pointed out that your mythical fairy tale monster is depicted as perpetrating and commanding mass murder. That's PLENTY to disprove your bullshit claim that it is "love".
No, you misunderstand.

No, I fucking DON'T.

Quote:I am not saying that you have not presented evidence that the Old Testament image of God is not Loving.

I don't make any fucking distinctions between any of the versions of your mythical beast between chapters in your fairy tale book.

Quote: It could also easily be argued that it was not Love that let such wickedness exist.

The wickedness that YOUR mythical deity supposedly perpetrated. You just went Full Retard.

Quote:I don't care to debate the constructs of such speculation.

Yeah, because you don't want to meet up with the fucking truth.

Quote: I wasn't there and neither were you.

Doesn't matter. YOU are making this claim based on your fairy tale book. NO one was there, because the characters are just made-up figures.

Quote:I'm saying you cannot use a fairytale to disprove that God is Love.

I'm not TRYING to. YOU can't use YOUR fairy tale to "prove" your preposterous "gawdizluv" claim. THAT is what you are trying to do, and that is why you brought up your fairy tale in the first place. FAIL.

Quote: It does not prove that Love does not rule as the moral goodness in mankind.

I am not obligated to DISprove your stupid word salad ASSertion. YOU are obliged to PROVE it.

Quote: You simply stated that the God of the Old Testament was not Love.

I did NOT say that. THAT would be a claim on MY part that your fairy tale monster actually exists, which I am NOT making.

Quote:
Quote:And you are seriously trying to quibble over which of the many versions of your fairy tale monster that YOUR fairy tale book depicts is the right one? FUCK OFF.
Not at all. I just wanted to point out that I did not invent the definition.

That is ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT. YOU are the one asserting it NOW.

Quote:
Quote: To me, you simply endorsed the Christ over Satan whether you realize that or not.

Quote:That's because you're a delusional presup fucktard who refuses to admit that your bullshit assertions have been utterly destroyed.
Oh I guess you're right. Love can't be God because you said so. How stupid of me.

How REALLY STUPID of you. LOve can't be your gawd-thing because YOU FAIL TO SUPPORT THE CLAIM WITH EVIDENCE.

FUCK, but you are a retard.

Quote: So how exactly is the Christ not Love?

It is not up to me to explain that. YOU are making the claim. YOU prove it. Which you can't.

Quote:Well, there you have it. You simply deny that empathy is God and rules as the moral impetus in mankind.

Oh, so you finally get it. Fucking idiot.

Quote:
Quote: Even though without empathy you could not be mad about genocide. More hypocrisy.

Quote:I don't deny empathy, asshole. I deny that empathy, love, or any other emotion equates to your fairy tale monster. FUCK, but you are a moron.
So you don't deny empathy exists as the moral goodness in mankind.

Hey, shitstain, quit trying to put fucking words in my mouth. I have said NOTHING about that EMOTION being your word salad.

Quote: You simply have an aversion for the term God.

I told you that was bullshit already, and your trying to fucking assert it over and over again doesn't make it true. Fuck you.

Quote: Well that is essentially all I've been saying.

ANd it's wrong, and you can shut the fuck up.

Quote:In fact that is what a True Christian believes, that empathy is the moral goodness in mankind.

A True Xtard™, eh? I'll bet if I ask ten of you assholes what "moral goodness in mankind" is I won't get the same answer twice, and none of them will be "empathy". Fucking idiot.

Quote: That is what we see in the Christ., a supreme empathy that is self sacrificing.

-- except when we see that the supposed sacrifice in the myth wasn't a sacrifice at all, dumbass.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 10:24 PM
(03-07-2014 08:00 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 03:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  We keep getting religious folk here. Some come and stay a long time, some drive by and leave a note.

Some are good to talk to - these usually leave after a bit, I think because they get overwhelmed by all the people addressing them, looking for a real conversation with a theist.

Some come here and get yelled at for months because they are condescending and full of hatred.

So what are they getting out of it?

Maybe some of them want to be apologists and try to sharpen their skills here.

Probably some of them want to convert us and shine in front of their gods.

I would bet some just get off on the adrenalin they get from walking as known theists among a bunch of heathens.

And of course, their gods give them rewards for getting insulted and attacked while they are are doing the honorable thing, spreading the god's name among heathens.

That's what I can come up with.

What do you think?

I think that God-believers come just to spread their foolishness and ignorance.

Gee, just like "Ueber-Buddha Dharma King" believers!

Quote:I suppose that a fair amount of trolls come just to make fun of us atheists.

You are no fucking atheist.

03-07-2014, 10:31 PM
(03-07-2014 06:46 PM)natachan Wrote:  Can I ask a dumb question? I just read a couple pages of this ( I can't that time back, than you) and am wondering something. Are you defining god as the feeling of empathy and love? Or are you saying that empathy and love are characteristics that god has?

He's trying to tap-dance between the two when he gets trapped in a corner, while desperately trying to avoid admitting which one.

04-07-2014, 01:49 AM
God is trees. Trees exist. Therefor God exists.

Childeye what you are doing with the warbling trashing you call "communication" is among the most ostentatiously stupid things I have ever had the displeasure of subjecting my eyes too. That you have managed over 1300 posts on this forum and still display the mental and logical prowess of an improperly used turnip is not just a personal failure but a total and abject failure on the part your educators and your parents.

I'm completely amazed you have not starved to death while attempting to cut your food with a napkin.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-07-2014, 11:54 AM
(03-07-2014 08:00 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 03:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  We keep getting religious folk here. Some come and stay a long time, some drive by and leave a note.

Some are good to talk to - these usually leave after a bit, I think because they get overwhelmed by all the people addressing them, looking for a real conversation with a theist.

Some come here and get yelled at for months because they are condescending and full of hatred.

So what are they getting out of it?

Maybe some of them want to be apologists and try to sharpen their skills here.

Probably some of them want to convert us and shine in front of their gods.

I would bet some just get off on the adrenalin they get from walking as known theists among a bunch of heathens.

And of course, their gods give them rewards for getting insulted and attacked while they are are doing the honorable thing, spreading the god's name among heathens.

That's what I can come up with.

What do you think?

I think that God-believers come just to spread their foolishness and ignorance.

I suppose that a fair amount of trolls come just to make fun of us atheists.
I wonder what the heck you are really doing here. You are the most weird troll yet. Congratulations you beat Jeremy walker !
04-07-2014, 11:57 AM
This thread is an epic shit throwing contest. For the love of god science, let it end.
04-07-2014, 12:00 PM
(04-07-2014 11:57 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  This thread is an epic shit throwing contest.

Oh, so you've met Taq.
(contest may be overstating it...)

... this is my signature!
04-07-2014, 12:04 PM
(04-07-2014 12:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 11:57 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  This thread is an epic shit throwing contest.

Oh, so you've met Taq.
Oh, look, the crybabies are at it again. <yawn>

04-07-2014, 12:07 PM
(04-07-2014 12:04 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 12:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, so you've met Taq.
Oh, look, the crybabies are at it again. <yawn>

You sure like to whine about how much other people whine.

But bonus points for the composition fallacy, I guess.

... this is my signature!
04-07-2014, 12:09 PM
(04-07-2014 12:07 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 12:04 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Oh, look, the crybabies are at it again. <yawn>

You sure like to whine about how much other people whine.

But bonus points for the composition fallacy, I guess.

Not whining, crybaby. Laughing.