Religious people, why do they come here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Religious people, why do they come here?
(04-07-2014 07:00 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 01:53 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  The derail came in post #26, from cj, fuck you very much. I thought you fucking KKKatholiKKKs weren't supposed to lie. Something about a "command mint" or some such bullshit. Idiot.

I never actually read the entire thread. I only read the OP and I think the first page. Give me a break there where 9 pages to get through and it wasn't all that interesting. maybe if you didn't take up so much thread space i could take the time to read the whole thing. Just an Fyi 48 of the 190 posts in this thread belong to you. A full 1/4 of this thread is by your hand.

Also its strange that you say KKKatholiKKK since the KKK is an anti-catholic organization.

Claiming this thread is an example of Taq derailing a thread when you have not even bothered to read to his first post (#25 on page 3) is kinda stupid, no offense. I mean , again no offense intended, you kinda just admitted you passed judgment on this thread before you even bothered to read it. Saying Taq derailed it before you even got to his first post is kinda waving your ignorance and predetermined judgment of him about on a stick.
I know, I know we all find it hard to believe that a Catholic would be judgmental and ignorant and I'm as flabbergasted as anyone but still, not really good form.

As for the KKK being anti-Catholic: Ya like a Catholic has a problem with things that contradict reality.Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-07-2014, 10:48 PM
(04-07-2014 10:04 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 07:00 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I never actually read the entire thread. I only read the OP and I think the first page. Give me a break there where 9 pages to get through and it wasn't all that interesting. maybe if you didn't take up so much thread space i could take the time to read the whole thing. Just an Fyi 48 of the 190 posts in this thread belong to you. A full 1/4 of this thread is by your hand.

Also its strange that you say KKKatholiKKK since the KKK is an anti-catholic organization.

Claiming this thread is an example of Taq derailing a thread when you have not even bothered to read to his first post (#25 on page 3) is kinda stupid, no offense. I mean , again no offense intended, you kinda just admitted you passed judgment on this thread before you even bothered to read it. Saying Taq derailed it before you even got to his first post is kinda waving your ignorance and predetermined judgment of him about on a stick.
I know, I know we all find it hard to believe that a Catholic would be judgmental and ignorant and I'm as flabbergasted as anyone but still, not really good form.

As for the KKK being anti-Catholic: Ya like a Catholic has a problem with things that contradict reality.Rolleyes

Well he does have a fairly good point.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-07-2014, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 11:32 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
To be fair though Taqs post count is only so high cause lots of people, who I respect a great deal don't get me wrong, would rather bitch about his style and approach then put him on ignore. Also so what if Taq is 1/4 or 2/3, I don't really get why it's relevant? Fact is he's not the one that derailed the tread. Simple as that. *shrug*

I personally enjoy watching him go to town on fools, I like his visceral take no prisoners way of doing things especially when it comes to people who have been here a while and are clearly just entrenched trolls.
Let Taq do his thing or put him on ignore, but don't poke the angry bear and act surprised when he eats your face.

Tarzan might have a point, but it's kinda obscured by the fact he decided to pass judgment on a thread he didn't even fucking read. It's a terribly Catholic thing to do, granted, but it still kinda clouds his point.

I ain't taking sides, I respect the vast majority atheist here yourself included Rev. I also respect Taq and in this instance he is right: he did not derail this thread and its NOT a good example like Tarzan ignorantly (no offense Tarzan) claimed. He kinda just looks like a bandwagon jumper looking to carry favor with this threads majority.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-07-2014, 11:37 PM
(04-07-2014 11:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  To be fair though Taqs post count is only so high cause lots of people, who I respect a great deal don't get me wrong, would rather bitch about his style and approach then put him on ignore.

I personally enjoy watching him go to town on fools, I like his visceral take no prisoners way of doing things especially when it comes to people who have been here a while and are clearly just entrenched trolls.
Let Taq do his thing or put him on ignore, but don't poke the angry bear and act surprised when he eats your face.

Tarzan might have a point, but it's kinda obscured by the fact he decided to pass judgment on a thread he didn't even fucking read. It's a terribly Catholic thing to do, granted, but it still kinda clouds his point.

I ain't taking sides, I respect the vast majority atheist here yourself included Rev. I also respect Taq and in this instance he is right: he did not derail this thread and its NOT a good example like Tarzan ignorantly (no offense Tarzan) claimed. He kinda just looks like a bandwagon jumper looking to carry favor with this threads majority.

If Taq was pushing for the other side he'd be -50 rep and we would have 20 pm's a day asking for him to be banned. He is as bad as Miss Meng or FZUmedia ever was in causing disruptions. I just don't like hypocrisy if I am going to dislike it when the christian trolls do it I can't turn a blind eye when an atheist one does or I am no better than those self righteous fuckers at ChristianForums. I also don't think Taq has done enough to warrant a ban yet, but then until he decided to start making sock puppets neither did Jeremy Walker. As far as it goes I would much rather have Tarzan in a thread than Taq because with Tarzan at least it is a conversation with Taq it is mindless spam and memes and misattributed fallacies.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-07-2014, 12:19 AM
(04-07-2014 11:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  To be fair though Taqs post count is only so high cause lots of people, who I respect a great deal don't get me wrong, would rather bitch about his style and approach then put him on ignore. Also so what if Taq is 1/4 or 2/3, I don't really get why it's relevant? Fact is he's not the one that derailed the tread. Simple as that. *shrug*

I would argue he did. cjlr took a jab at Taq in post 26, but the thread recovered. Dom made a great post and then Taq called Dom out for strawmans in post 49. People jumped to Dom's defense, and then all this happened.

Taq will always have a place in this forum. He won't never shut up or back down. He is always willing to go forever and ever until you give up or move on. He will always have positive rep because aggression and belligerence gets more attention and is more immediately attractive than thoughtfulness and patience. The rules here will probably never change and Taq isn't breaking the rules. So taking stabs at him is pointless. It just invites him to speak.

I'm sure he will have a lot to say about this post, in fact. I bet something to do with me not getting enough protein. I am sure he will call me out for a strawman, or tell me I am sore because of all the times he "handed my ass too me", or something similar. It will be every bit as obnoxious and silly as it always is. And I might be tempted to go at him more, but I won't. He has far more energy than I do. So just let him. If you don't like it, be the opposing force. Be nice to people. Be thoughtful. Correctly attribute the strawman fallacy, whatever. This isn't the way to do it. This thread is just a Taq playground.
05-07-2014, 12:39 AM
(04-07-2014 11:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  ...
bitch about his style and approach
[vs.]
put him on ignore.

Please, sir, can I do both?

Let Taq do his thing or put him on ignore

Again, both?

but don't poke the angry bear and act surprised when he eats your face.

But it's the quality of the face-eating that's so tiresome.

Don't bother replying Taq, I'll do it for you:
[Image: Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif]
[Image: 3q3bvxxf-1353902236.jpg]
[Image: U_Mad_Bro.jpeg]
[Image: jillgreenburg0.jpg]

05-07-2014, 12:40 AM
(05-07-2014 12:19 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 11:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  To be fair though Taqs post count is only so high cause lots of people, who I respect a great deal don't get me wrong, would rather bitch about his style and approach then put him on ignore. Also so what if Taq is 1/4 or 2/3, I don't really get why it's relevant? Fact is he's not the one that derailed the tread. Simple as that. *shrug*

I would argue he did. cjlr took a jab at Taq in post 26, but the thread recovered. Dom made a great post and then Taq called Dom out for strawmans in post 49. People jumped to Dom's defense, and then all this happened.

Taq will always have a place in this forum. He won't never shut up or back down. He is always willing to go forever and ever until you give up or move on. He will always have positive rep because aggression and belligerence gets more attention and is more immediately attractive than thoughtfulness and patience. The rules here will probably never change and Taq isn't breaking the rules. So taking stabs at him is pointless. It just invites him to speak.

I'm sure he will have a lot to say about this post, in fact. I bet something to do with me not getting enough protein. I am sure he will call me out for a strawman, or tell me I am sore because of all the times he "handed my ass too me", or something similar. It will be every bit as obnoxious and silly as it always is. And I might be tempted to go at him more, but I won't. He has far more energy than I do. So just let him. If you don't like it, be the opposing force. Be nice to people. Be thoughtful. Correctly attribute the strawman fallacy, whatever. This isn't the way to do it. This thread is just a Taq playground.

His behavior could be judged to violate Rule 5.

Whether he will 'always have a place in this forum' or 'will always have positive rep' remain to be seen. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-07-2014, 01:26 AM
I would have to, again respectfully, disagree gentlemen. There is a time and a place for calm, thoughtful, and respectful conversation. For some theists, such as Walker and Childeye for example, they have both received that and then had their ignorance overstay it's welcome. A time comes when one must, as a necessity, put the white glove away and unsheathe the sword.

One can only argue with a wall so long, until a time comes to knock it down with the full force at ones disposal. Which is one of the things Taq does in my estimation. We all have our flaws though, I'm remarkably verbose for example. I mean really though come on guys, we all know Taq and his preferred style what is accomplished by bitching about it? We have just kept this thread derailed and no ones opinion is gonna change. Maybe it's just pride, I don't know.
I personally fail to see the constructive merits of keeping a thread derailed to bitch about a person derailing a thread. We have a rating system to express our opinion of a poster, no need to drag it into every thread.

Really though my objection was to Tarzan and his condemnation of a thread he had not bothered to read. It was impertinent, judgmental, ill informed and I took issue with it. Though I'm doing him a disservice now as it appears of flogged him past measure. Apologies for that Tarzan.
05-07-2014, 01:33 AM
(05-07-2014 01:26 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  ... Tarzan and his ...

Y'know what? I always thought Tarzan was a chick. Seriously.

Gasp

05-07-2014, 06:07 AM
I am not even sure this thread is derailed. It is a perfect example of what I was talking about.

The entire forum seems to be derailed by this, it's hard to have any conversation anymore.

Ignore is for the birds - quotes foil the idea of ignoring, and if you want to try to ignore Taq there are myriads of threads that make absolutely no sense anymore. Not that they do with Taq in them. It's just that a large part of the forum is trash anymore.

Nothing but ad hominems, it gets so tiresome. I hardly post anymore. Dodgy

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post