Religious people, why do they come here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: Religious people, why do they come here?
(05-07-2014 06:12 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 09:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I did no such thing, fuck you.
That makes 2 lies. Drinking Beverage

Not a lie at all. Piss off, wanker.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
(05-07-2014 06:20 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Waaah! Waaaaaaah! Waasaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Aaaaaaaaand just like Dom, you make shit up and then pretend it's true.

Drinking Beverage

06-07-2014, 08:08 PM
(05-07-2014 08:23 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Aaaaaaaaand just like Dom, you make shit up and then pretend it's true.

Drinking Beverage
Aaaaaaaaand intellectual dishonesty now too. Rolleyes

Do feel free to explain exactly what you think I made up. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
07-07-2014, 09:14 PM
(06-07-2014 08:08 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 08:23 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Aaaaaaaaand just like Dom, you make shit up and then pretend it's true.

Drinking Beverage
Aaaaaaaaand intellectual dishonesty now too. Rolleyes

Glad you figured yourself out.

Quote:Do feel free to explain exactly what you think I made up. Drinking Beverage

Post #161 STFU moron.

08-07-2014, 01:14 AM
The level of irony in this thread is so deep, i hear echoes when i yell in here.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-07-2014, 01:39 AM
(08-07-2014 01:14 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  The level of irony in this thread is so deep, i hear echoes when i yell in here.

If you take your fingers out of your ears, the echoes will eventually find their way to escape out.

08-07-2014, 11:50 AM
(07-07-2014 09:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Glad you figured yourself out.
Typical preteen response.

(07-07-2014 09:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Post #161 STFU moron.
When you said I "made shit up", you replied to post #209. Now you claim you were talking about #161. Dance much? Consider

But ok... let's discuss #161 since you brought it up.

Here is the sequence leading up to post #161:
(02-07-2014 09:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, it has nothing to do with "Teh Rulez". I am pointing out that you are acting the same way as trolls act. You addressing "Teh Rulez" is a complete strawman - a smokescreen - to detract from your trollish behavior.

(02-07-2014 11:08 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
Quote: I am pointing out that you are acting the same way as trolls act.
You seem to be acutely unaware that this is an atheist forum and not an xtard forum.

(03-07-2014 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  This is inaccurate.

Perhaps the following will provide insight.
Quote:Rules
---
Additional Information
This forum isn't just for atheists. It is for anyone - no matter what race, religion, sex, sexual preference, or anything else. Anyone is welcome to participate and express their opinions.

(03-07-2014 02:23 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's not an XTARD forum. Yes, xtians are welcome, but the banner at the top says "Atheist". If it were an Xtard forum, it would say "The Xtard Forum". The fact that others are welcome doesn't make it not an atheist forum.

To which I replied with post #161:
(03-07-2014 03:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  No, kim got it right. If this is what you really meant, then your original point makes no sense at all.
I find that admitting when you're wrong gets a lot more respect than lying in an attempt to save face. Drinking Beverage

Now let's substitute your claimed meaning:
(02-07-2014 11:08 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird (revised) Wrote:  
Quote: I am pointing out that you are acting the same way as trolls act.
You seem to be acutely unaware that the forum title has Atheist in it and not Xtard.

How does that make any sense at all in reply to KC's statement..? Consider

By my interpretation of what you were saying, your original statement would mean something like "I can't be as bad as the xtard trolls because xtards don't belong here in the first place". By your claim of what you "really" meant, it makes no sense at all to me.

But here's your opportunity to clarify how it makes sense. And, if you're able to make it make sense to me, then I'll admit I was wrong and move on. But you'll have to do better than avoidant remarks like "you're wrong" or "you make stuff up". Give a real explanation.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
08-07-2014, 02:29 PM
It would seem that many religious minds live in the delusion that their claims make absolutely perfect sense but they do not. It is more of an issue with a mind's ability to accept (seemingly)objective reality

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
09-07-2014, 01:12 PM
(08-07-2014 11:50 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 09:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Glad you figured yourself out.
Typical preteen response.

Yes, your post surely is.

Quote:
(07-07-2014 09:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Post #161 STFU moron.
When you said I "made shit up", you replied to post #209. Now you claim you were talking about #161. Dance much? Consider

But ok... let's discuss #161 since you brought it up.

Not at all. It applies to both.

Quote:Here is the sequence leading up to post #161:
(02-07-2014 09:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, it has nothing to do with "Teh Rulez". I am pointing out that you are acting the same way as trolls act. You addressing "Teh Rulez" is a complete strawman - a smokescreen - to detract from your trollish behavior.

(02-07-2014 11:08 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You seem to be acutely unaware that this is an atheist forum and not an xtard forum.

(03-07-2014 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  This is inaccurate.

Perhaps the following will provide insight.

(03-07-2014 02:23 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's not an XTARD forum. Yes, xtians are welcome, but the banner at the top says "Atheist". If it were an Xtard forum, it would say "The Xtard Forum". The fact that others are welcome doesn't make it not an atheist forum.

To which I replied with post #161:
(03-07-2014 03:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  No, kim got it right. If this is what you really meant, then your original point makes no sense at all.
I find that admitting when you're wrong gets a lot more respect than lying in an attempt to save face. Drinking Beverage

Now let's substitute your claimed meaning:
(02-07-2014 11:08 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird (revised) Wrote:  You seem to be acutely unaware that the forum title has Atheist in it and not Xtard.

How does that make any sense at all in reply to KC's statement..? Consider

By my interpretation of what you were saying, your original statement would mean something like "I can't be as bad as the xtard trolls because xtards don't belong here in the first place". By your claim of what you "really" meant, it makes no sense at all to me.

But here's your opportunity to clarify how it makes sense. And, if you're able to make it make sense to me, then I'll admit I was wrong and move on. But you'll have to do better than avoidant remarks like "you're wrong" or "you make stuff up". Give a real explanation.

The reason it "doesn't make sense" to you, idiot, is because you are filtering it through your strawman "interpretation".

09-07-2014, 01:48 PM
(09-07-2014 01:12 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Not at all. It applies to both.
Really... and yet, after ample opportunity, including a direct invitation, you've explained neither. That speaks for itself. Drinking Beverage

(09-07-2014 01:12 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  The reason it "doesn't make sense" to you, idiot, is because you are filtering it through your strawman "interpretation".
See what I mean? If I put up a strawman, you failed to explain what alternative is accurate.