Religious storm building at home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Religious storm building at home
The egg shells are back out. Apparently the middle kid was disrespectful at church yesterday and wife was pissed when they got home. She ranted, I politely listened. When she was done I asked her is she wanted to know what I though about the matter or if she just wanted me to agree with her. I know smart ass remark. She looked at me and point blank said "I do not think I want to know what you think" Lovely. She tried to blame us (me) not going to church as the cause of the kids behavior, even tho we took them to church every Sunday up until last year. I tried to point out that our kids are confrontational because they were raised in a confrontational environment. Tried to point out it is how we raised them that explains how they are, not level of church attendance. We continued on and I think she is spiraling again. I feel like she threatened me with another meltdown if things do not start going her way. She basically said she is at the point it is going to happen. I know I can not deal with another one of those and I do not like having crap help over me like that. The emotional strain of the temper tantrum, threats to leave, etc is totally devastating on me and more so on the kids, especially the youngest.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Sounds as if the kids are figuring things out just fine.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
08-09-2014, 01:01 PM
(08-09-2014 12:12 PM)wazzel Wrote:  The egg shells are back out. Apparently the middle kid was disrespectful at church yesterday and wife was pissed when they got home. She ranted, I politely listened. When she was done I asked her is she wanted to know what I though about the matter or if she just wanted me to agree with her. I know smart ass remark. She looked at me and point blank said "I do not think I want to know what you think" Lovely. She tried to blame us (me) not going to church as the cause of the kids behavior, even tho we took them to church every Sunday up until last year. I tried to point out that our kids are confrontational because they were raised in a confrontational environment. Tried to point out it is how we raised them that explains how they are, not level of church attendance. We continued on and I think she is spiraling again. I feel like she threatened me with another meltdown if things do not start going her way. She basically said she is at the point it is going to happen. I know I can not deal with another one of those and I do not like having crap help over me like that. The emotional strain of the temper tantrum, threats to leave, etc is totally devastating on me and more so on the kids, especially the youngest.

Sorry to hear things are rough.

What are your options? Pro's and con's of each option. Short term vs long term effects.

Hug

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
08-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Right now I really have no idea.
08-09-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry I don't have a magic wand to make things better for you.

Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?