Religious symbols

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 10:50 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Religious symbols
(28-02-2017 10:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The triangle is the beginning of structure. The inscribed triangle the path to the infinite.
[Image: meditating-smiley.png]

For the uninitiated, the Prophet John is alluding to the fact that you can indeed square a circle to any arbitrary degree if a rational number is used as an approximation of pi.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 10:46 AM
(28-02-2017 10:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The triangle is the beginning of structure. The inscribed triangle the path to the infinite.

"Structure, logic, function, control - a structure cannot stand without a foundation, logic is the foundation of function, function is the essence of control."

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJrxJy44DdfU7vXKFMu8L...T1K1oaWewU]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-02-2017, 10:47 AM
(28-02-2017 10:42 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
[Image: meditating-smiley.png]

For the uninitiated, the Prophet John is alluding to the reality that you can in fact square a circle to any specified degree if a rational number is used as an approximation of pi.

I wuz thinking inscribed regular polygons, but I'll let you tell it. Angel

(A smart prophet never lets his ego get in the way of self-enlightenment. How come real religion has so very few smart prophets? Huh )

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 10:48 AM
(28-02-2017 10:12 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 10:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  According to Wikipedia Christians aren't majority of world population.

As for symbol, maybe Darwin's fish.

Did you even google "world religions populations." Christianity 32%. Appears to be the majority by about a billion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you even understand what you wrote in OP? Majority of world population isn't christian. Christians might be biggest cult but that's not the same thing.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-02-2017, 10:53 AM
(28-02-2017 10:47 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I wuz thinking inscribed regular polygons, but I'll let you tell it. Angel

In that case there's no need to realize the transcendental, we can use it as is.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 10:53 AM
(28-02-2017 10:12 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 10:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  According to Wikipedia Christians aren't majority of world population.

As for symbol, maybe Darwin's fish.

Did you even google "world religions populations." Christianity 32%. Appears to be the majority by about a billion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's not what "majority" means. It would have to be more than half the world's population. However, they are the largest minority, for what it's worth.

Congratulations, you learned something today! Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-02-2017, 11:01 AM
(28-02-2017 10:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Congratulations, you learned something today! Big Grin

Didn't you say you had no faith? Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 12:22 PM
Religious symbols
So many out of work comedians. And I come across this group. Thanks for the input. Too bad there wasn't one recognized symbol. Appears to be a Mis mash of different views here, and when googled as well. Guess I'll have to pick one. I like the A.
I've been looking a while now for a symbol that I can get casted into a ring. Food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes Goosesniper's post
28-02-2017, 12:42 PM
(28-02-2017 12:22 PM)Goosesniper Wrote:  So many out of work comedians. And I come across this group. Thanks for the input. Too bad there wasn't one recognized symbol. Appears to be a Mis mash of different views here, and when googled as well. Guess I'll have to pick one. I like the A.
I've been looking a while now for a symbol that I can get casted into a ring. Food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take the ring with the A. The "inscribed triangle circle" is the symbol of Gwynnite. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-03-2017, 05:23 PM
(28-02-2017 09:54 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  A second part of this thread I ask the question: how can my rights of no believe be protected under the constitution either America, Canada or any other nation. We always hear about the rights to protect free religion. What about my rights not to see it or hear it.

In the US:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/obam...ts-n699356

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-cong.../1150/text

(28-02-2017 10:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: 3c_43436_md.gif]

Laugh out load

That one reminds me too much of the old "Civil Defense" / "Conelrad" signs:
[Image: jx9x9e4][Image: znys9bt]

[Image: zrfa32c]

If there has to be an "atheist symbol", I kinda like this one:

[Image: hhwldxj]

Unique, catchy, simple, and -- most importantly -- easy to draw. Wink

--