Relocating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Relocating
Due to my in laws being assholes......I'm sorry where are my manners. Due to my in laws being FUCKING assholes me and my wife are contemplating relocating once I'm officially out of the military in the coming months. I just want to throw out a few places we are thinking about and hope to get some honest feedback if one of you all happens to live there.

First (listed in no specific order)

Upper Peninsula Michigan- Due to the cold winters(I love the cold) and ton's of available land.

Up State Maine- Same as Michigan but I've heard that it's very progressive.

Wisconsin- Again same as Michigan but better schools(for if we ever stop trying to be cool kids and pump out a little demon)

Last but not least(Northern England)- It's a long shot but if we both landed jobs there(or even just one) we'd love being in Europe.

Feel free to toss out any places I didn't mention or give me more info on one I did mention. We're looking for some where with cold winters and mild summers(we hate heat and humidity). Would love to have at least 10 or so acres. Moderately progressive but not to far. Weed being legal would be a nice bonus as well.Smokin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
12-07-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: Relocating
Gonna be a Yooper eh???

Big Grin

I think about it from time to time - -just to get away from the herd ----(I'm in SW Lower)

but damn -- those winters come on early, and stick around longer than a visiting mother in law...........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-07-2015, 10:47 AM
I lived in NE most of my life. I love Maine and VT. Portland, ME was one of the areas I was considering relocating to at one point. But obviously, further out would give you more acreage. England would be cool too. I don't know too much about the other areas.
12-07-2015, 11:08 AM
You like Winters? I've been to a pretty little place in Wisconsin actually named Winter. Great fishing.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-07-2015, 11:14 AM
(12-07-2015 10:36 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  ...
Last but not least(Northern England)- It's a long shot but if we both landed jobs there(or even just one) we'd love being in Europe.

FYI, Northern England doesn't count as Europe.

Drinking Beverage

12-07-2015, 11:18 AM
(12-07-2015 11:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Drinking Beverage

Canada?
12-07-2015, 11:43 AM
(12-07-2015 11:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Drinking Beverage

I was thinking that but I was too lazy to check.
12-07-2015, 11:44 AM
(12-07-2015 11:18 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 11:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  FYI, Northern England doesn't count as Europe.

Drinking Beverage

Canada?

From what I've seen the economy is not the best.
12-07-2015, 11:51 AM
(12-07-2015 11:44 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 11:18 AM)pablo Wrote:  Canada?

From what I've seen the economy is not the best.

If that is the case then scratch Wisconsin off your list. Walker has tanked Wisconsin's economy and has done a lot of harm to the educational system.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-07-2015, 11:52 AM
(12-07-2015 11:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 11:44 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  From what I've seen the economy is not the best.

If that is the case then scratch Wisconsin off your list. Walker has tanked Wisconsin's economy and has done a lot of harm to the educational system.

Really? I've seen a few articles about Walker but they were saying that it's been stabilizing in the past 2 or 3 years. And as far as schools I've heard that it's hit or miss depending on where you are like everywhere else but the curriculum could use some work.