Relocating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: Relocating
(12-07-2015 11:44 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 11:18 AM)pablo Wrote:  Canada?

From what I've seen the economy is not the best.

Depends on whether or not you figure out how to take advantage of its strengths and weaknesses. I make a lot more money in Canada than I did in the U.S., largely because of a combination of my unique military experiences that, with a bit of fine tuning, transfer to the field of isolated physical security operations and my willingness to go up north where the money is. If you don't mind cold, and you manage to get a work permit for Canada, you could make a killing up in Northwest Territories once you get your foot in the door. There are plenty of jobs where you can easily make six figures working only two or three weeks per month if you have a few key in demand skills and a willingness to be in subarctic isolation during your work rotations For people whose idea of looking for work involves mass posting applications from their living room but not actually taking the initiative to make things happen, then waiting for the perfect job to come along and find them, then the economy everywhere is tough.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2015, 01:27 PM
New England is my favorite region in the US (I live in Massachusetts). If you like cold winters, we have them. In fact, some of the snow from this past winter is still around. No joke: the mayor of Boston is running a contest where people are predicting when the last big snow pile will melt. This pile started out more than 70 feet high.

The summers are very nice and mild, too. The people are nice, the scenery is beautiful, there's lots to do. Cost of living is a bit high, though.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
12-07-2015, 01:50 PM
(12-07-2015 01:27 PM)julep Wrote:  New England is my favorite region in the US (I live in Massachusetts). If you like cold winters, we have them. In fact, some of the snow from this past winter is still around. No joke: the mayor of Boston is running a contest where people are predicting when the last big snow pile will melt. This pile started out more than 70 feet high.

The summers are very nice and mild, too. The people are nice, the scenery is beautiful, there's lots to do. Cost of living is a bit high, though.

Oh cool Smile I used to live in MA. I love it there. Heart
13-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Maine is nice. Hunting, fishing, boating, sledding, skiing, lots to do and people are nice.

T.H.
[+] 1 user Likes T.H.'s post
13-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Relocating
Alaska sounds like your style as well. It's beautiful there but damn expensive. Cost of living is pretty high compared to....well the Midwest.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
13-07-2015, 09:47 PM
(13-07-2015 09:31 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  Alaska sounds like your style as well. It's beautiful there but damn expensive. Cost of living is pretty high compared to....well the Midwest.

I would love to live in Alaska. Cost of living in Midwest was very reasonable when I lived there. I think I paid 900 for an apartment there and when I moved to Cali, i paid double that for less space.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-07-2015, 05:46 AM
Relocating
(13-07-2015 09:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 09:31 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  Alaska sounds like your style as well. It's beautiful there but damn expensive. Cost of living is pretty high compared to....well the Midwest.

I would love to live in Alaska. Cost of living in Midwest was very reasonable when I lived there. I think I paid 900 for an apartment there and when I moved to Cali, i paid double that for less space.

But it's CA!! Some things are worth the trade off. You make a little more as well. For example someone making an avg of 85k in my line of work would make about 110k there. It doesn't even out the score that's for sure but it does help a little.

**Crickets** -- God
14-07-2015, 07:41 AM

Yeah I know I was thinking about the Calgary area
14-07-2015, 07:53 AM
(14-07-2015 05:46 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 09:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I would love to live in Alaska. Cost of living in Midwest was very reasonable when I lived there. I think I paid 900 for an apartment there and when I moved to Cali, i paid double that for less space.

But it's CA!! Some things are worth the trade off. You make a little more as well. For example someone making an avg of 85k in my line of work would make about 110k there. It doesn't even out the score that's for sure but it does help a little.

You do make more salary-wise here. But the cost of living is insane. A small apartment in S.F. now goes for $2500 or more. Housing prices are crazy too. A small house in SF is $700,000 or more, depending on the area.

But you are right, Cali has a nice trade off. I used to have an apartment right across from the beach. Weather is nice and people tend to be more on the open-minded side--unless you get out country.
14-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Relocating
(14-07-2015 07:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You do make more salary-wise here. But the cost of living is insane. A small apartment in S.F. now goes for $2500 or more. Housing prices are crazy too. A small house in SF is $700,000 or more, depending on the area.

But you are right, Cali has a nice trade off. I used to have an apartment right across from the beach. Weather is nice and people tend to be more on the open-minded side--unless you get out country.

Are you close to SF? Isn't it one of the most expensive areas in CA? I have friends in LA and outside of LA in Fontana. The difference alone in those two places is pretty crazy. 375k can purchase 2500-3000 sq ft in Fontana vs 1000-1400 sq ft in LA .

**Crickets** -- God