Remake of Stephen King's Carrie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2013, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 11:03 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Remake of Stephen King's Carrie
Looking like that will be pretty good for Halloween. Ah, Classic Stephen King. Combining childhood woes like bullying with the cruelty of religion all neatly avenged in the end. Stars Chloe Grace Mortez as Carrie.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: Remake of Stephen King's Carrie
First of all, the link is broken.

Second, I don't know what to think. Chances are that King himself will dislike it, 'cause all he cares about is his horrifyingly stupid mini-series about his books:

And yes, IT is bad. The only good part is Tim Curry's preformance and some of the kid actors ain't that bad. But scary? Give me a break.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
08-10-2013, 08:37 AM
I liked to original movie, so the remake is somewhat superfluous.
But I'd like to see Julianne Moore as the crazy mom, though.
08-10-2013, 08:42 AM
I read the book but didn't see the original movie. I often avoid movies if I read the book, they tend to be a let-down. Maybe I'll watch this one though, it's been a long time since I read the book.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-10-2013, 04:39 AM
Eh, I'm a King fan, but I never liked the original "Carrie". IMO, they shouldn't remake it, but it seems recently, that most movies made in the past 35 years are being remade very shitty.