Remember Your Bigoted Relatives this Christmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 04:01 PM

A PSA by Steve Shives

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
13-12-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: Remember Your Bigoted Relatives this Christmas
Cute! A lot of truth in there.
14-12-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: Remember Your Bigoted Relatives this Christmas
(13-12-2015 04:01 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Remember Your Bigoted Relatives this Christmas

A PSA by Steve Shives

Over-simplistic, and moderately offensive, narrow-minded video. This video seems to suggest if I don't support Obamacare, Hilary Clinton, gender-neutral bathrooms or very specific race riots that I am racist, sexist, homophobic (to include the larger LGBT community). WTF is this croc of shit? It is entirely possible that a critically-thinking humanist can disavow or disagree with any of these things.

Obamacare has had it's share of failures even according to many congresspeople who voted for Obamacare. This isn't necessary though as you don't have to have a racial prejudice to stand on either side of this debate.

Hilary Clinton - Do we really need to discuss why not voting for a women is much different than refusing to vote for any women based on sex?

Black Lives Matter - This group wants specific, and often conflicting means to an end. Maybe I think I have better ways to achieve their goals, or maybe I think that some of their goals are ultimately detrimental to racial equality.

Female Combat Troops - Maybe I don't oppose female combat troops in general, but the way the policy is being implemented, or maybe I oppose unfair draft policies which are not in alignment with the policy on female combat soldiers. Maybe I oppose some aspects due to logistical obstacles which need shoring up first.

Maybe I have no issue with transgender folks, but I'm uncomfortable with sharing a toilet with them, not unlike many women would be uncomfortable sharing a toilet with men. This is not a black and white issue, there are tons of grey area which would cause plenty of people to be understandably uncomfortable. If gender and sex doesn't matter, why separate the bathrooms at all? Some of you would be okay with this, but of those I suspect nearly all of you would be able to empathize with those who do not.

The real message of this video isn't as sincere is it pretends to be. The message is "If you don't agree with my political beliefs, you are a bad." It tries to disguise itself itself under the rouse of 'kill the old morons by kindness'. It fails to me.