Remember the Incubator babies? Chas, bemore?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Remember the Incubator babies? Chas, bemore?
Remember when in the late 80's Hussein invaded the royal family ran dictatorship nation of kuwait? Well the US wanted to go to in and do something so they needed to pull at emotional heart strings to get the public and congress to support a military adventure.. So they got what was then alleged kuwaiti teenager that was in Kuwaiti hospitals when Husseins military arrived. Here is her story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfVs3WaE9Y Here is her moving testimony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_(testimony) Here is her wiki page.

Yep thats right, she was making the whole thing up and she is not even kuwaiti. Her testimony was faked, made up completely and a total bullshit lie. This was used by the media to get people to support a war (we have to do something about the babies :roll eyesSmile

I love fucking with dumb people. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: Remember the Incubator babies? Chas, bemore?
I don't remember having a conversation with you about Incubator babies??? So why you mention me in the title I have no idea???

(09-09-2013 08:37 AM)I and I Wrote:  I love fucking with dumb people. Drinking Beverage

Are you implying that I am dumb? I agree with you about a lot of things you say about western influences, I just don't comment on much of it because all I can use is conjecture. I was once like you I and I, one day (hopefully) you will evolve pass the stage of thinking you fucking know everything, when you don't.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
09-09-2013, 08:52 AM
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. It is only difficult for everyone else.

It is the same way for stupid.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
09-09-2013, 09:19 AM
This is apropos of what? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2013, 05:21 PM
I remember the incubator babies. I also remember the Wendy's "where's the beef" campaign, and where I was when I found out the Challenger exploded. Seriously, I have a great memory.

What's the point again?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
09-09-2013, 06:45 PM
(09-09-2013 05:21 PM)BnW Wrote:  I remember the incubator babies. I also remember the Wendy's "where's the beef" campaign, and where I was when I found out the Challenger exploded. Seriously, I have a great memory.

What's the point again?

Alqaeda, CIA plots, Syria, cockspiracies, you know, the usual stuff.

(09-09-2013 08:37 AM)I and I Wrote:  I love fucking with dumb people. Drinking Beverage
So do we, why do you think we still pay attention to you at all?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
09-09-2013, 09:53 PM
I was actually friends with one of the people who orchestrated that whole thing (though I met him 10 years after it happened). I confronted him on it years ago. His response is that he was hired by the Kuwaiti government to do whatever it took to get the US to get Saddam out of Kuwait before he killed the royal families and plundered Kuwait of it's wealth. I'm completely anti-war, so it's easy for me to condemn the deception. However, I try to put myself in their shoes. What if my home was invaded and some psychopath had taken my child and I feared would kill her (which is essentially what the Kuwaiti's were feeling)? And what if the only way to save my child was to convince the US to help, but that required deceiving them and telling a lie to trick them into thinking it was an Al Queda operative trying to blow up New York that they were pursuing? Would I be honest, knowing that means my child would die? Or would I do anything it took, including deception and lies and wasting US government resources to save my child? And what if my child was actually a whole country that I was responsible for? I have to admit that's a VERY tough decision, and it's hard for me to judge the Kuwaiti's for doing whatever it took to get Saddam out of their country.

BUT, if you really want to be outraged at what was inexcusable, it was in my opinion what April Glaspie did (she has a wikipedia page). Saddam summoned her to get permission to invade Kuwait because Kuwait was doing horizontal drilling under the border and taking Iraq's oil. She assured Saddam, who was a US ally at the time, that the US wouldn't get involved, effectively giving him the green light. Her defense of it has been that (a) she didn't think he would take all of Kuwait, and (b) it wouldn't be appropriate for a diplomat to tell a foreign leader that if he does it the US will destroy him and, basically, Saddam should have known she was lying, and © she said Saddam would have invaded no matter what she said.

That last one is obvious bullshit. No military leader is going to call a foreigner in a couple days before an invasion and show his cards and let him know about his plans and ask permission, giving up the element of surprise, if he had already decided to go ahead with it no matter she said. Clearly, he WAS asking for permission and would have called off the invasion if the US what they really would do. As far as (a), I'm sure Saddam didn't reveal the full extent of his plans, but she should have probed more and spoken to Washington before giving him the green light. BUT, as far as (b), saying it's not proper diplomacy to tell the truth, that's insane. What the hell do we spend zillions of dollars on foreign diplomats and intelligence for if they're just repeating diplomatic lies and not actually having any sort of meaningful dialog? We could just replace her with a robot that simply repeated "My you look lovely today Mr. Hussein. Isn't the weather nice?" I mean the whole point of being a diplomat is being able to handle delicate situations, understand foreign cultures, and find a way to tell Saddam what REALLY would happen if he invaded. Shouldn't she have tried to broker some peaceful mediation between Kuwait and Iraq to avoid bloodshed, and not just, all on her own, without consulting superiors, tell him it was no problem to solve it militarily? Isn't that the job of the diplomats, to find ways to avoid violence, not give it the green light? Thus, imo, she committed one of the biggest screwups in recent history and her careless mistake, dereliction of duty, and cavalier attitude resulted in millions of deaths, trillions of waste, two unnecessary wars, and so much suffering.
09-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Oh, and a PS, her screwup is also responsible for 9/11, the NSA scandal, etc., since after she told Saddam he could invade Kuwait, and he took it so easily, Saddam set his sights on Saudi Arabia. So the Saudi's authorized the US to build a military base on their 'holy land', and having "infidels" outside Mecca is what infuriated Osama bin Ladin so much that he went on the rampage against Saudi monarchy, which caused him to be banished from Saudi Arabia, so he ended up in Afghanistan plotting revenge on 9/11. At this point the US had been sitting on a massive piece of legislation to strip Americans of their constitution rights and do a huge power grab. But it had been sitting around for years waiting for the right moment when the public would be so fearful that they'd give up all their liberties in exchange for security--the oldest trick in the book that Benjamin Franklin warned about since it'd been so successful for millennium. 9/11 left the nation in a state of panic providing the perfect opportunity to get the 'patriot act' enacted without anybody noticing. And it became the legal justification for the NSA to spy on everybody.

I wish I had a crystal ball and could see how different things would be right now if only Glaspie had instead answered truthfully, "Saddam, cross the Kuwait border and we'll kill you."
09-09-2013, 11:14 PM
(09-09-2013 10:26 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Oh, and a PS, her screwup is also responsible for 9/11, the NSA scandal, etc., since after she told Saddam he could invade Kuwait, and he took it so easily, Saddam set his sights on Saudi Arabia. So the Saudi's authorized the US to build a military base on their 'holy land', and having "infidels" outside Mecca is what infuriated Osama bin Ladin so much that he went on the rampage against Saudi monarchy, which caused him to be banished from Saudi Arabia, so he ended up in Afghanistan plotting revenge on 9/11. At this point the US had been sitting on a massive piece of legislation to strip Americans of their constitution rights and do a huge power grab. But it had been sitting around for years waiting for the right moment when the public would be so fearful that they'd give up all their liberties in exchange for security--the oldest trick in the book that Benjamin Franklin warned about since it'd been so successful for millennium. 9/11 left the nation in a state of panic providing the perfect opportunity to get the 'patriot act' enacted without anybody noticing. And it became the legal justification for the NSA to spy on everybody.

I wish I had a crystal ball and could see how different things would be right now if only Glaspie had instead answered truthfully, "Saddam, cross the Kuwait border and we'll kill you."

You just cites something isn't isn't inainstream news and text books.....therefore according to the people of this forum, that makes it a conspiracy theory.
10-09-2013, 08:02 AM
(09-09-2013 11:14 PM)I and I Wrote:  You just cites something isn't isn't inainstream news and text books.....therefore according to the people of this forum the strawman I have created of the beliefs of every person on this forum, that makes it a conspiracy theory.

fixt

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post