Remember the Incubator babies? Chas, bemore?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: Remember the Incubator babies? Chas, bemore?
I and I, what motive do you have for posting old news as if it revealed something and, specifically as if they did not know it, post others names in the thread title. Some times you are most childish.

frankksj, made the most pertinent post. If the US had clearly stated to Saddam that we understood he had a legitimate grievance with Kuwait and the US would take up this grievance in the appropriate way much strife in the region would probably have been avoided. Instead the US gave the green light to war and the rest is history.

One could additionally argue that if the colonial powers had not set up arbitrary political divisions during the colonial period and then codified them after WW2 much strife in Africa as well as well as the Middle East would have been avoided. That is a long and complicated subject probably best left to the experts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2013, 04:32 PM
What part is a conspiracy theory?

That a few days before Iraq invaded Kuwait April Glaspie, the US Ambassador to Iraq, told Saddam Hussein the US wouldn't get involved? She's been interviewed on this and admits it. It was covered in the news and she was interviewed here and the James Baker, the secretary of State blamed her for the whole mess. I disclosed what her defense was, and merely gave my opinions about her comments. How is that a conspiracy theory? Can you find one source that even disputes it? See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Glaspie.

Or, are you saying it's a conspiracy theory that the Kuwait invasion ultimately led to the US having military bases and that this is what set Osama bin Ladin off? That also is confirmed by the 9/11 commission and the CIA. Politicians and activists like Noam Chomsky have discussed it at length.

I don't think that anything I said is disputed. And when the Secretary of State says it, the CIA says it, the 9/11 commission says it, the US ambassador says it, and lots of media covered it, I'm not sure why you think it's a conspiracy theory.

But if you can be specific and state one fact I said that you feel is inaccurate I'll be happy to either back it up, or apologize for my error.
10-09-2013, 04:41 PM
frankksj, do not worry I and I was making a backhanded insult to other members of this board, not you.
10-09-2013, 09:28 PM
(10-09-2013 04:26 PM)JAH Wrote:  I and I, what motive do you have for posting old news as if it revealed something and, specifically as if they did not know it, post others names in the thread title. Some times you are most childish.

frankksj, made the most pertinent post. If the US had clearly stated to Saddam that we understood he had a legitimate grievance with Kuwait and the US would take up this grievance in the appropriate way much strife in the region would probably have been avoided. Instead the US gave the green light to war and the rest is history.

One could additionally argue that if the colonial powers had not set up arbitrary political divisions during the colonial period and then codified them after WW2 much strife in Africa as well as well as the Middle East would have been avoided. That is a long and complicated subject probably best left to the experts.

I just felt like reminding people of western medias use of emotion to goad them into supporting a war.