Remember when I was talking about the scientist and money thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Question Remember when I was talking about the scientist and money thing
Look at this comment I got on youtube.

"You must be assuming creationist make millions? Most of them probably make barely anything, a lot of people volunteer for church, they dont even get paid. If someone where a real christian they wouldn't be greedy, you are talking about a false christian. Look at Ham he spent all his money on the museum to help the church.
Is that the same way you do science? Just make assumptions?"

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2014, 05:35 PM
RE: Remember when I was talking about the scientist and money thing
(24-03-2014 05:28 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Look at this comment I got on youtube.

"...Most of them probably make barely anything, a lot of people volunteer for church, they dont even get paid. If someone where a real christian they wouldn't be greedy...

Yeah, right:

[Image: 2443777979_c836ff89a2.jpg]

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
24-03-2014, 05:42 PM
There are so many things wrong with that person's argument.
24-03-2014, 05:55 PM
(24-03-2014 05:42 PM)Charis Wrote:  There are so many things wrong with that person's argument.

Most of the ones I came up with are variations on fuck you, I'm a physics grad student barely making minimum wage.

What are some of the others?
Tongue

... this is my signature!
24-03-2014, 05:56 PM
(24-03-2014 05:42 PM)Charis Wrote:  There are so many things wrong with that person's argument.

There is.

A. The price is for scientist working for years.

B. The no true scottsman fallacy is used to escape from the problem. If he found out ken was a millionaire then he would call him a non christian.

C. Assumptions aren't as bad as they seem. First it depends on the situation. Uniformitarianism for one is something safe to assume do to the fact that evidence either points to it and there is no evidence to disprove it.

http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/10c.html

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
24-03-2014, 06:08 PM
(24-03-2014 05:28 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Look at this comment I got on youtube.

"You must be assuming creationist make millions? Most of them probably make barely anything, a lot of people volunteer for church, they dont even get paid. If someone where a real christian they wouldn't be greedy, you are talking about a false christian. Look at Ham he spent all his money on the museum to help the church.
Is that the same way you do science? Just make assumptions?"

That there sounds like a whole lot of assumptions! I don't know why but the one with the Ham and the church gets me more. Is there any real way to know how much of his income is going to the church? And how don't you know whatever church he's supporting isn't giving him a little bit of dough back to keep him open so more people can see the ridiculousness of men and dinosaurs...uh I mean, "see the light"?

[Image: notagain.gif]
24-03-2014, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2014 05:08 PM by CleverUsername.)
Hasn't this person gotten the memo? The whole "don't be rich" thing the Bible keeps talking about was redacted by peop-I mean, JESUS, years ago. That's why they're allowed to have that nice, completely unnecessary computer they're using to go on Youtube.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post