Remembering Nishi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Remembering Nishi
I have never been one to wear a hat, even in freezing Iowa winters. Now I feel the need to go buy, and wear, a silly hat. *sigh*

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-05-2016, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2016 01:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-05-2016 01:37 PM)skyking Wrote:  Banjo implied that he had failed Nishi. He did not know, and Nishi did not let on or reach out. We all would have helped if there was any way, GM. That was all I was saying and poorly at that.

I know the sentiment you were trying to express skyking however poorly. I should not have said anything about it in a thread memorializing my friend. I am sad. And I am angry.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-05-2016, 01:45 PM
If Nishi had wanted help, he would have reached out.

If Nishi had wanted us to know why, he would have left a note.

Instead he chose to spend some more time with us and welcome people and make jokes.

So, none of us know what happened and why, and I bet Nishi would not be happy about all the speculation and judgement made here.

It was his life, and his right to apply his decision at any time. It has nothing to do with us. We have no right to second guess him.

But he did show us the tone of communication he liked - friendly, supportive and funny.

Let's honor him that way, shall we?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 12 users Like Dom's post
02-05-2016, 01:48 PM
(02-05-2016 01:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 01:37 PM)skyking Wrote:  Banjo implied that he had failed Nishi. He did not know, and Nishi did not let on or reach out. We all would have helped if there was any way, GM. That was all I was saying and poorly at that.

I know the sentiment you were trying to express skyking however poorly. I should not have said anything about it in a thread memorializing my friend.
Weeping
Hug
02-05-2016, 02:45 PM
(02-05-2016 01:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have never been one to wear a hat, even in freezing Iowa winters. Now I feel the need to go buy, and wear, a silly hat. *sigh*

I wear hats all the time, but they are all very proper, functional, boring hats. The next time I buy a hat, it will be a silly one. It will be a hat to remember Nishi by. He made this forum a better and happier place.

A few weeks ago, I was coming out of some shop or restaurant or some such place, and there was a guy going in who had one of those yellow pokemon hats on -- just like Nishi used to wear in his avatar. It made me think of him. And it made me smile. I'm so sad that he's gone.

Weeping
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
02-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Today I will buy a hat in memory of Nishi. I shall wear it, and it shall be silly!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 11 users Like Stark Raving's post
02-05-2016, 03:00 PM
(02-05-2016 01:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  But he did show us the tone of communication he liked - friendly, supportive and funny.

Let's honor him that way, shall we?

Yes. This. I've been trying to gather the right words to say it, but this is it. In honor of Nishi, we should be friendly, supportive, and funny. Not only is it good for us, but it's good for other people.

Damn. I'm crying again. Sad I wish I could have gotten to know him better.
[+] 2 users Like CosmicRaven's post
02-05-2016, 03:05 PM
That's the thing CR. it's all here to search out. He left a legacy of goodness. I will start mining it Smile
02-05-2016, 03:09 PM
For Nishi!

[Image: 2zq680m.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 17 users Like Stark Raving's post
02-05-2016, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2016 03:47 PM by Aliza.)
I don't know if it was common knowledge or not, but I haven't seen it shared here and I thought it was a beautiful sentiment worthy of passing on.

Nishi told me that his username, Nishi Kara No Kaze, meant "wind from the west." He made sure to specify that he did not speak Japanese, and he carefully disclaimered his translation by saying that he used Google to get it. Smile

He told me that maybe one day, he'd like to live on the top of a mountain in Japan (where he'd post regularly on TTA via his mountaintop internet connection), and he'd be known by the villagers as the wind from the west, nishi kara no kaze.

He liked to be called Nishi, and used the moniker for himself quite often when we spoke. I like to think that through all of this sadness, at least he's achieved his goal of becoming the wind from the west that he had wanted to be.
[+] 18 users Like Aliza's post